Sign in to follow this  
sparky

“No Fishing, No Shooting Vote Labour�

Speaking to someone today who told me about a sticker they are getting made up and with the elections not far way it sums it up “No Fishing, No Shooting Vote Labour†quite a good one I think.

As this person said to me Labour will most likely get in again but if we all stick together and don’t vote for them, perhaps they will see a massive decrease in voters and may open their eyes a bit.

I don’t normally do posts like this but I really do think if we all don’t stick together our lives as shooters will change drastically.

Some of the things that I know are planned are going to be bad enough but that’s not for me to say at this moment in time.

So remember “No Fishing, No Shooting Vote Labour†as don’t be naïve and think the Anti’s are not coming for us next now they have got their way with fox hunting.

And for once do something to protect your chosen sport not just sit back and let others do the work, then complain when the **** hits the fan.

Pete

Guest NeilM

That was, sadly, the whole point of supporting the Fox Hunters.

I don't wish to give anyone ideas, but if you fish, shoot, or take quarry of any type, be sure someone thinks it's cruel, and they won't let science or facts cloud their views.

My local MP is a Lib Dem. I wrote to him saying I did not want him to support the hunting ban. He voted in favour of the ban.

There are four voters in my house, and this guy has a marginal seat thumb.gif

It is time for the countryside to bite back.

Neil

Some of the things that I know are planned are going to be bad enough but that’s not for me to say at this moment in time.

When can you let us in on the knowledge then... wink.gif

At least give us a hint...Airgun related aconfused.gif

Guest GunTrader

I can see a lot of anti-shooters buying a sticker with that message on it hit.gif .

Nice idea but wrong message.

GT

I can see a lot of anti-shooters buying a sticker with that message on it hit.gif .

Nice idea but wrong message.

GT

The idea is to get the message across to shooters and if they read that surely it will hit home and if the Anti's buy the stickers then great cool.gif they would be helping us and not realising.

Pete

Guest newbie

Lib Dems are more anti than Labour. Much more. And you really think that the Conservatives will care about foxhunting after this election, when we're 5 years down the line, people have moved on and it's half-forgotten about? There'll be no votes in it.

Guest Pedropig
smile.gif Keep it up Newbie....another indication of your anti stance........comments like that help to sway people who shoot, to vote this sham of a government out cool.gif....... Are you scared that you and your bully boy friends will actually be stopped, from barring people going about their law abiding pastimes and tresspassing on their land biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Guest NeilM

If anyone think that the hunters and hunt supporters are going to let themselves become a forgotten cause, then you are foolish in the extreme.

I have no connection with any hunt. I do not even know anyone that hunted, but I do know they are NOT going to go away.

Neil

Guest newbie

I voted Tory at the last election Pedro. And I wasn't pro anybody in that, if you take the trouble to read it properly. My point is that the Tories were clearly being opportunistic over the hunting thing. 5 years down the line, most of the GENERAL PUBLIC will have moved on, and anybody who did lose work will have had to have adapted. 5 years is a long time, and things will move on. The press will not pay half so much attention, and I also think that the CA will have alienated most of the mainstream by then. If you look at it, it took Labour 8 years to ban foxhunting - the cabinet clearly did not have the stomach for it. It was MPs, backed to the hilt by Lib Dems and a few Tories, who pushed it through against the leadership's wishes.

Edited by newbie

Guest RichardH

Guys -

Michael Howard has already said he'll repeal the hunting ban

Michael Howard holds a current shotgun certificate (and shoots game)

Michael Howard has already said the handgun ban went too far

Michael Howard has also opposed further controls on airguns.

What exactly have the government of the day done for us?

There is only one sensible alternative!

Richard

Guest Pedropig

'I voted Tory at the last election Pedro'

Did i say that you didnt aconfused.gifaconfused.gif

Still.........its good to see that even anti's have some sense thumb.gif

Guest GunTrader

The idea is to get the message across to shooters and if they read that surely it will hit home and if the Anti's buy the stickers then great cool.gif they would be helping us and not realising.

Pete

Pete,

Whoever is making these stickers has the right idea but that wording is all wrong. In any case, such a sticker already exists. If you contact BASC, they'll should be able to sort you out with some. They cost £1 each and the money raised goes to cancer charities - I know this 'cos I've sold more than 20 of them in my place!

The message on those stickers is: I FISH, SHOOT AND VOTE. It's simple and completely unambiguous.

If you read the proposed sticker you've mentioned, the wording essentially states that if you don't want fishing or shooting, you should vote Labour - I would imagine that that's not the intent! wink.gif I also think that the assumption that if an anti buys it, they're helping us is misguided at best. Follow it through to its logical conclusion - antis would buy them and then tell their friends about them leading to more antis buying them and your whole message would be turned against you/us simply because the wording could have been better.

Whilst I applaud the intentions of another sticker, it should be remembered that the road to hell is paved with good intentions!

Regards,

GT

Guest newbie

"The message on those stickers is: I FISH, SHOOT AND VOTE. It's simple and completely unambiguous."

That's a sticker produced by BASC? Why does it include fishing, out of interest? And why not hunting too? Seriously.

Guest JohnJo

Don't listen to Howard on shooting. He did all the leg work for the handgun ban and has proven his unreliability as a "supporter" of the sport. These powerful men should live and die politically by their actions and there should be no reprieve. If we forget this simple lesson then what chance do we have of getting them to remember?

Guest GunTrader
"The message on those stickers is: I FISH, SHOOT AND VOTE. It's simple and completely unambiguous."

That's a sticker produced by BASC? Why does it include fishing, out of interest? And why not hunting too? Seriously.

Newbie,

The sticker is produced by the BASC North Wales Committee - Not BASC HQ. Sorry, I should have made that clear from the start.

If you want some of them, let me know and I'll pass your details on.

With regard to the wording on the sticker, you have to remember that there's very little space to write anything substantial. Most of the people who had some input with this idea are also anglers and they felt that the sticker should capture as wide an audience as possible. As far as I'm aware, this was not meant to be a reflection of BASC HQ policy, merely a desire on the part of the N. Wales committee to do SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE!

Just out of curiousity, are you a BASC member?

Regards,

GT

That's a sticker produced by BASC? Why does it include fishing, out of interest?

der..... perhaps because the bodies that are trying to outlaw shooting are also trying to outlaw hunting ~ and it is meant as a reminder to Labour politicians that despite their cosy relationship with LACS that a significant number of the electorate shoot and fish. Pretty simple really.

Boing! there goes my trollometer...

Guest Pedropig

A nice limp wristed approach on the lib Dem site,

'Country Sports. We have no plans

to introduce any new restrictions

on fishing or shooting sports, other

than a minimum age limit of 14

for participating in shoots. We

will always look carefully at any

new proposals to maintain and

improve standards of public safety,

countryside management and animal

welfare.'

Whats wrong with youngsters learning responsibility and respect for a gun at a young age dunno.gifdunno.gif

'We

will always look carefully at any

new proposals to maintain and

improve standards of public safety'

Smells a bit fishy unsure.gif

Guest newbie

GunTrader - no, I'm not a member of any club or association. Little personal policy I have.

Technocod, stop acting 13.

Technocod, stop acting 13

You asked a question, you were given an informative answer. If that ruffles your feathers, I suppose the best course of action is probabally to stop asking questions. Fairly simple, eh?

as somone said (hint hint) ;

If you don't like what I say then turn your giddy eyes away.

Guest chael
Whats wrong with youngsters learning responsibility and respect for a gun at a young age dunno.gifdunno.gif

yea im only 13 and im in an air rifle club i dont think its right to refer to so called "kids" like me as a danger and nuisence to the sport and public, I think air guns of any type or power should only be allowed in the countryside and not in urban and suburban areas were an accident is just waiting to happen.

Guest smokin
Whats wrong with youngsters learning responsibility and respect for a gun at a young age dunno.gif  dunno.gif

yea im only 13 and im in an air rifle club i dont think its right to refer to so called "kids" like me as a danger and nuisence to the sport and public, I think air guns of any type or power should only be allowed in the countryside and not in urban and suburban areas were an accident is just waiting to happen.

sadly mate we need to get that into the bleedin chavs heads!

ATB

Chris

ps - can we still get those stickers? - so what if t'elections over - we didnt lose the battle........