Sign in to follow this  
Guest rigbymauser

12 Ft/ibs

Guest rigbymauser

I have allways wondered if I lived in the UK and was able to throw a 1 pound rock, producing more than 12Ft/ibs should apply for a FAC?. Been reading many years ago the Airgunworld all guns or at least 99,99% in the magazine was only 12Ft/ibs(really boring)!. And the writers in the magazine made a really big deal out of getting an FAC, allmost like if it were still only kings and queens allowed to own firearms!

Guest raygun

The last time we let a King have a gun the Roundheads had to sort it all out. biggrin.gif

It would help if you put a location in your profile.

Oh! welcome to the Forum.

ATB

Ray.

.......... writers in the magazine made a really big deal out of getting an FAC ............

For most people getting an FAC *is* a big deal. So many hoops to jump through and a not inconsiderable cost as well. And the idea that 12ft lbs is boring is precisely the thinking that leads to morons firing them indiscrimnately and unsafely because "they're not real guns". OK 12 ft lbs may not be *very* powerful in firearms terms but it can still be dangerous - and I doubt many people in here find it that "boring".

Edited by maurice