Sign in to follow this  
DaveL

Apologies + poss downtime notification

Apologies to all users. We've been hacked by a spammer who has generated loads of rubbish emails.

We're just waiting for our techie to scrape together enough time to upgrade the board's software, which will prevent this happening.

The board's administrators would NEVER willingly or knowingly permit users to be spammed.

Once again, sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

I'll have to leave that to Dan (Geordie), who's our techie. I've emailed him and I'm sure he'll get to it as soon as he possibly can.

Guest Geordie

OK - update time.

I've removed all malicious code from the forum, so you shouldn't get any more virus alerts when you log in.

Currently waiting for the IPB guys to send me the latest version of the software so I can start the upgrade - this will take the board offline for a short while I'm doing it, so please be patient wink.gif

Cheers,

Dan

Good lads smile.gifsmile.gif

remember no avitars and shuffel up the smilies clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Regards Ora

Guest Geordie

Board now back up and running, looking decidedly funky ;)

Please report any bugs/issues to me and I'll take a look at it :)

Thanks for your patience!

Dan

Guest vic22

Cancel user

Just had to send out 1001 apologies to clients because of virus from here

So goodbye

Board now back up and running, looking decidedly funky ;)

Please report any bugs/issues to me and I'll take a look at it :)

Thanks for your patience!

Dan

its really tricky to see which forums/threads have new posts...

and a lot of the emoticons are 404'ing

:)

Well done, though I liked the other version.

Can we get rid of that ugly symbol and logo in the top left corner and get a nice airgun there instead?

Guest Andykat

to late for me just had 2 virues by e-mail from the airgun forum :(

two for me to!

Some posts havn't imported to the new system properly. There's a lot of -e-mail signs about instead of the original content of the post. These seem to be where a quotation is used. This only affects Firefox as IE seems ok.

Edited by 1 0f 5

Guest Geordie
Some posts havn't imported to the new system properly. There's a lot of -e-mail signs about instead of the original content of the post. These seem to be where a quotation is used. This only affects Firefox as IE seems ok.

Strange - I'm unable to do a quick fix on that either, so we'll have to endure it for a bit I'm afraid!

Everything esle should be sorted now - I've increased font size a tad, fettled the smilies, redone the logo etc, but if you see anything that's broken let me know! :)

Can we get rid of that ugly symbol and logo in the top left corner and get a nice airgun there instead?

Aha! This place looks more like home now. Well done! :clap:

Guest Geordie

Update on the forums "not looking like there's any new posts" problem.

From the main forum view, click each of the dark blue icons to the left of each subforum - this will manually mark all posts in the forum as "read" and make them start turning dark blue again when new stuff is posted.

Alternately you can use the "mark all posts as read" link at the bottom right of the main forum page ;)

The individual threads should be displaying properly already :)

Sign in to follow this