Sign in to follow this  
Guest bulzi

s410 bolt and magazine

Guest bulzi

hi everyone, help required.

i own an aas410 .177 and have had it for about 3 months now. However the other day i went to fire a shot from it, i noticed that when i cocked the bolt and then tried to push it back in, it was really really stiff. everytime now i try to load a pellet from the magazone, it feels as if there is something blocking it. I have stripped the index spring, etc down and that has made no difference. Could it be the mag itself, or maybe the seal in the barrel.

any advice would be grateful.

thanks

hi everyone, help required.

i own an aas410 .177 and have had it for about 3 months now. However the other day i went to fire a shot from it, i noticed that when i cocked the bolt and then tried to push it back in, it was really really stiff. everytime now i try to load a pellet from the magazone, it feels as if there is something blocking it. I have stripped the index spring, etc down and that has made no difference. Could it be the mag itself, or maybe the seal in the barrel.

any advice would be grateful.

thanks

I own an AA S310. This sounds as though your magazine is not indexing correctly or completely (not uncommon on some S310 or 410's). As you cock the bolt, see if you rotate the magazine slightly further and clicks into the detent. If that works, you need to adjust the (bronze?) cocking finger. Some magazines will work better than others. I have 4, and the best are the metal ones (sorry no longer made). You can see them at my S310 website listed below.

Hope that helps,

Check the spring of the indexfinger. After serious use this spring will wear causing indexing problems.

Guest chipmonk

I agree with the members,this happened to me,it may be the index spring out of align due to fast cartridge loading,i now load very carefully even if it means missing a shot

chipmonk

Had a similar problem on my S410 had to realign the mag indexing pawl.