• Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
Sign in to follow this  
holly

Whiscombe .

I was talking to one of the lads at ETL today and he was shooting a whiscombe . the early one with the break barrel .MK.1 i call em . anyway he said that he had just got it . right say's i being a nosy git . how much . welllll it wern't cheap . yes terry but how much . wellll it took a long time to get one . yes terry but how much . difficult to get one now . yes terry but how much .errrrrrm , well ( voice goes quiet ) mutter mutter .terry how mecking much .£ 1200 . HOW MUCH . your joking . no says he and i was lucky to get it too . blooming hell .but then he comes out with the clincher . when he took it back to john for a service , john says that he is only gonna do 30 more and that is it . no more .also terry said the daystate are sniffing around buying the rights to the gun . so you have been told GET ONE NOW before the price ROCKETS UP ??? HOLLY

John's not making any more whatsoever IIRC. Last I heard, Stuart, and His Father had the last two on order.

The under-lever models are already making £1500, and up apparently.

Interesting bit about Daystate there though. Doubt They'll bother with it though. The Whiscombe isn't a cost effective system for a production rifle in my view.

Guest sportsmatch

Don't mind if daystate carry the flag as long has they do not put their electric -rubbish- in it :thefinger:

Gary

HI HOLLY OR SHOULD I SAY WILLIAM TELL MY BB WHISCOMBE IS SHOOTING WELL NOW IF DAYSTATE DO TAKE OVER MAKING THEM I WILL BUY ONE OR IF JW CARRYS ON I WILL GET A NEW ONE ITS ABOUT TIME YOU UPGRADED TO A DECENT GUN GO ON YOU KNOW YOU WANT ONE SEE YOU SOON LITTLE TEL ETL

Knowing stuart and his dad robin . i would say that they will kidnap john after they have got there rifles to put the price up so there will not be any more ? ( only joking ) personally i cannot see what all the fuss is about . not bad i suppose . if we run out of compressed air i might have one for the back garden as a plinker . shame about tel ??? HOLLY

HI HOLLY ITS ABOUT TIME THAT OLD BULPUP RETIRED YOU WERE SHOOTING IT ABOUT TEN YEARS AGO ANY WHISCOMES FOR SALE

Yep tel steptoe has got a few in his cart . i'll give you a tenner for that old cannon of yours and take it off your hands ??? HOLLY PS i need a new fence post .

Knowing stuart and his dad robin . i would say that they will kidnap john after they have got there rifles to put the price up so there will not be any more ? ( only joking ) personally i cannot see what all the fuss is about . not bad i suppose . if we run out of compressed air i might have one for the back garden as a plinker . shame about tel ??? HOLLY

As you are aware Dave we do have the last 2 on order, should be about a year now till they arrive but the wait is worth it, these are keepers and the reason is that they are so good, GC2s and anschutz's have come and gone, nowt special really in my opinion but the Whizzer is and will add to my collection and keep my JW50FB company, along with my Zenith, ISP, Venoms and dominators :sign_respect1::atounge::atounge:

Hmmmm. it has to be said stuart that john has said this before i believe ? it occured to me that it might be a way of drummimg up some business . anybody rang him up lately to put in an order . BUT stuart no welham stocked scimitar yet hey ???? HOLLY

Hmmmm. it has to be said stuart that john has said this before i believe ? it occured to me that it might be a way of drummimg up some business . anybody rang him up lately to put in an order . BUT stuart no welham stocked scimitar yet hey ???? HOLLY

definite this time as he has run out of parts and the company he used to make bits for him no longer exists i believe.

I'm sure that if Daystate were bothering to buy the rights it would be for a reason and not just to shut the door to competition.

It would be interesting if they could mass produce a target springer based on the Whiscombe system.

After all, in principle the way it works is everything you could wish for in a springer, little recoil and very fast lock time.

Just shave some of that weight off using modern materials and I reckon it would be a winner. :)

Doubt it would be hugely popular though. Semi recoiling rifles are restricted in HFT, which is Daystates biggest market.

Cocking them gets the pulse going a bit, so that would be a disadvantage in the open class.

Not much to say today fiesta then ??? HOLLY

Whiscombes are absolutely amazing bits of kit. I had one, but cocking it did my shoulder in so I used the other arm for cocking. When that one started to hurt I parted with it. It was the only gun that did not jet in the slightest. I can usually feel a bit of jetting whilst chronoing a gun but the Whizzer was as dead as the deadest dinosaur that ever died. It also was as accurate and consistent as a Zenith. :)

Blo-dy bus drivers ??? HOLLY

hi holly Whiscombes no recoil no heavy bottles to carry get one just to see what your missing ,its me last late tonight :blablabla:

Ask the inspector for a turn . get you back quicker . ding , ding . ??? HOLLY

I've been on bingo duty . run the missus to bingo and back . gotta earn them brownie points ready for the open's this year ??? HOLLY

HI holly what gun do you use now is it still the bulpup,are you learning to play bingo for when you retire in case you can not see the targets any more

I mostly use the shutz but i was considering using the GC2 for sporting ft . but there is nobody in it so to speak . makes any victory a bit hollow ??? HOLLY

HI holy theres not so many ft shooters about as there was in this area dont know why maybe theved moved on; from plinker or plonker as you would say

That's cos you scared em off mate ??? HOLL

Hi holly hows the bow and arrows going can you shoot an apple off a dummys head yet :atounge::rolleyes::abiggrin:

When are you gonna volunteer then mate ??? HOLLY