Sign in to follow this  
gavin#1

hawke 3-9-40

just wanted to know if these were any good 4 hft if not wot would u recomend me 2 use

No, I wouldn't recomend it for HFT.

You've got the spec about right, but the scope isn't a good one. Most of them that I've used (bar one) lost zero as you used the magnification.

You'll do better spend more money on a far better scope, maybe 3-9x50, or 3-12x50, and get something that has a good solid body, so that it lasts.

Try this scope, they're an up and coming company with nothing but terrific reviews, and I rate them pretty well myself. Most of all, it comes with everything you need, and will look absolutely killer.

Only problem is that there's no variety of reticle, such as mil dot, but if you're just starting out, it's not a lot of money to spend to see if you like the sport, and gives you a good scope to use.

Constantine

That looks a nice scope (now with mil-dot I see) but no parallax adjustment - set at 25 yards.

Have a look at a Nikko Stirling Gold Crown. Ramsbottoms were doing the 3-9x42 parallax adjustable mil-dot at around £46 including one piece mount and free postage. I've had three of these on various springers and two mates also have them and I've yet to see a poor one. Still got one on the HW98 (the other two were sold with the guns they were on) Bright sight picture and robust enough for a springer, at the price they're a bargain. I think several people on here have also bought them and no-one has had a bad word to say (well not yet anyway).

Or if you can afford it look at the Bushnell Banner 4-12 at around £100 from Sportsman Gun in Paignton (or wherever they've moved to now). I've got two of these and they are a quality scope but without the mil-dots.

Edited by maurice

Guest sloshed
No, I wouldn't recomend it for HFT.

You've got the spec about right, but the scope isn't a good one.

Damn ! I just purchased one of these............. you live and learn. Next time........

just wanted to know if these were any good 4 hft if not wot would u recomend me 2 use

best thing to do is get down the HFT club and have a look through what people are using before purchasing one.

if you already have one, don't worry, jump in... once you know/think the scope is a limiting factor you can move on.

Good advice from a top man.

C

No AO isn't such a problem cause adjusting it isn't allowed anyway at HFT, correct?

You can preset it at any range you like.

I have the Reflex 3-9 mildot scope on my FAC Tommy and I love it. Great and clear dots.

i have a nikko platinum 3.5-10x45(non p/x) and a simmons wtc 4-12x44 AO for sale if you interested..if you are...pm me :)

i can supply sportsmatch 2 piece mounts mounts at extra.

Edited by ikarma70