Sign in to follow this  
Guest morbz

Maneuverable pellet post trap

Guest morbz

Hi there

Im not interested in hunting, however my garden isnt quite long enough for a decent target practice. I do however have permission to shoot on a few stretches of land, like empty fields, and a quarry on many different levels.

As I am not interested in killing, I was just wondering if anyone has any design ideas for me, in designing a maneuverable pellet trap that I can take with me in the car and perhaps spike into the ground. I am aware you can buy pellet traps that sit on posts, but this provides very little backstop if a pellet missed. These fields are fairly secluded so there is minimal danger of damage being done if the trap is missed, but I would prefer ideas for a design of maneuverable target that has some backstop, even if its about a foot wide.

I was thinking of starting with a basic fence post stake that can stick into any field with ease and perhaps setting a pellet trap on this but somehow including a back stop?!

Any ideas welcome

Steve

Edited by morbz

A fold out wooden board at the back, stabilised with batons? you don't need more than about 20cm all around for a backstop.

Constantine

How about an old steal offcie/paper bin?