Sign in to follow this  
BFTA-Chair

Dave Monck

Hello Everyone

It is my very sad duty to inform you that Dave Monck passed away yesterday (Sunday 14th) Dave was a founding member of my club Broadlands, a founding member of my Region and had no small part in founding the EFTA and BFTA.

Dave was a long time friend to lots of us and the sport (Air Rifle Shooting) has lost a great ally.

Roger Moy

Edited by BFTA-Chair

Guest davros

Very sad news indeed - met Dave at several meetings, and although we didn't see eye-to-eye on somethings, he was a true gent.

My deepest sympathies to his family.

Lee

I have known and worked with Dave for well over 20 years, a very sad loss and he will be missed. Deepest sympathy to Lynn.....

Alan

Dave was one of those people that I knew via this medium but never actually met. We were in correspondence for a time after his stay in hospital in Holland a few years ago.

He was very helpful and generous with his advice and experience when I was at the early stages of starting our local club.

If that was the measure of the man then he will be deeply missed by those who knew him better than I.

Rich

When you say dave monck then you think of dave hoar . both of them gentlemen . both gave there all for the sport of air rifle shooting . dave allways had a smile no matter how bad he was . allways a helping hand if he could . i bought two of his rifles a theoben . and his GC2 . number 113 . best thing i have ever bought . where ever dave is i know he is sorting out a good shoot for the rest of us when we get there . god bless you dave we will miss you . HOLLY

Edited by holly

Guest Loonboy

deepest sympathies to all family and friends

i didnt know the guy but felt compelled to post

no doubt he will be zeroing up in heaven as i write tho

Edited by Loonboy

Guest peterh

David Monck,

You were instrumental in getting Field Target off the ground in The Netherlands.

You were an inspiration to us all.

And you were my Best Man when I finally got married.

And your wife, Lynne Monck, was my wife's bridesmaid.

I will remember you as my Best Man, and Best Friend.

Dave Monck, we love you.

janny van der ster and peter huppertz

Edited by peterh

Another of the great characters of the airgun world gone. Dave was certainly a character! I remember him from the early days of FT, and more recently as part of FFTA.

Sincere condolences to Lynne and his family.

Deepest sympathies from all at Hereward FT&ARC

Guest Northern Monkey

A great loss, a good man and a true gent.

He was even cracking jokes on his hospital bed when he had his turn in Holland many years ago.

Rest in peace Dave.

Tim

Not sure I can add to the previous posts but the sport has lost a true ambassador in Dave.

There are a handfull of people I have met that seem to spend there every waking moment towards promoting airgun shooting through one form or another and Dave was certainly one of those.

I remember at a Midshires shoot where I had just missed after a good clear run Dave telling me with great delight how he had never seen a clearance on one of his courses. Thats a lot of courses I would think and I hope he kept that accolade.

Condolences to his nearest and dearest.

Charlie

Edited by morose

I heard, véry sad indeed..I wish strength to his family and friends to cope with this difficult loss..

Guest Keith Ryan

I don't look at the forum very often these days but I was saddened to see this thread about Dave's passing. He was to me one of the originals in FT and, as has already been said, did a tremendous amount of work for FT, the BFTA, its regions and clubs. My first meeting with him was at the BFTA AGM in 1995 and we kept in contact ever since. He was emailing me quite recently and was also very helpful when I was writing about the origins of the sport for the Shooting STARS web site. He is one of those people that has always been there since I started in Field Target. He will be missed by a lot of people. My condolences to his family and friends.

Keith