Sign in to follow this  
Guest Exentia

New Club in Gloucestershire

Guest Exentia

Hi all,

Myself and a friend may be able to set up a small air rifle range on some of his land (were still going though the details so this isnt definite) I was just wondering how much interest there would be in such a thing, we are thinking outdoor target shooting (FT/HFT) to begin with but there is scope to get an indoor range set up (if theres any outhouses free and not being used) and there is wild game on the land (pigeon, rabbit) we are not sure whether to make it a pay per shoot thing or a proper club with membership and everything (the plan was to start off small and then build up)

So would you be interested? were in the process of getting more details and getting stuff nailed down but just want to gauge the interest as it wont work without you guys.

Edited by Exentia

Guest GAVL20

hi,i am looking for somthing like this i am new to this and it sound great let me know

cheers

Gav

Guest Exentia

Will do, anybody who registers interest here ill email personally when were up and running, the "idea" has come on in leaps and bounds in the last day or so, ill try and keep this updated.

Guest Exentia

Oh all potential shooters need to have the necessary insurance in order to shoot.

Guest GAVL20

hi,sorry to be a pain but can you email me every thing i need and the best place to get it from

to gavlp20@hotmail.com if you could this would be great

cheers

Gav :unsure:

Guest Exentia

Gav, ill stick all the details up here and mail you (incase your not reading these regularly) once its a definite goer. Dont want you paying for insurance if you dont need it and this falls through, my mate is talking to land owner tonight. Fingers crossed.

Guest Exentia

A quick update - To let you know so far, My friend spoke to the land owner and hes even willing to pump some startup cash in but we have to put a proper proposal to the estates company in November so weve been put back a little time wise but its definitley still on as the land owners well into the idea, im invisioning being fully up and running literally for the new year!

The land owner wants a full HFT course with all the trimmings so thats a given!:)

What do you guys want there?

yes would be very interested,

would also put in some hours helping do whatever!

regards

willy

Edited by secret squirrel

Guest sminky

I'd also be interested in this. Hope it all goes well with the proposal.

Guest Exentia

We had a nose around the possible grounds last weekend and its a little more overgrown than we thought it would be, but nothing major we have the man power and the machinery to clear the worst of it, but it does look good (bunnies about as well!) its gonna need some ground work but very promising, roll on november!

Edited by Exentia

Guest peter p

hi did you get the club started .i recently joined the forum and used to shoot ft years ago ,but looking to start shooting again

pete

Guest JayBM

well the great news is that our proposal has been accepted by the landowners! so now the hard work begins!

we are hoping to start clearing the site in january and with any luck we god to be in a position to hold a launch open day sometime towards the end of Q1

we have setup a website and forum at www.tortwortharc.co.uk

as soon as we have more information we'll let you guys know!

kind regards

Jay and Mike

How are things progressing?

Are you only doing HFT? May be worth you looking at joining Wafta in doing FT? Avon hawks are south of you and their members have been doing Ft with Wafta for 20+ years.

All the Best.

Guest Exentia

Thanks for the advice. Ill look into it.

were still here.

All updates are going on our website:

www.tortwortharc.com

as per that we have been a bit lazy but now the weather is clearing up (fair weather shooters or what!:D) we expect things to really kick off soon.