Sign in to follow this  
the pieman

the worlds

So i know the worlds are in south africa this year but where next

Is there a list of countries that are members and how do we apply to host the worlds

:sign_respect1:

Is there a list of countries that are members and how do we apply to host the worlds

Lol, you will give J the Bank a heart attack Doz! speak to the bank Doz, he should have all the answers.

See you Sunday.

I found a list on the old BFTA site.

I think it was somewhere like Norway... but could be wrong...

You do not apply, they drew up a list (below) and if you check it you can hold one just before England.....just put a year, starting at 2009 south Africa and you can see it is YEARS away....

2009 South Africa

Norway

Germany

Austria

Belgium

Greece

Hungary

Italy

Lithuania

Malta

Netherlands

New Zealand

Portugal

Russia

Scotland

Spain

2025 Wales

England

Poland

USA

Northern Ireland

Edited by Scribe

I'm guessing that more than half those countries won't bother hosting a Worlds? But that's only my opinion.

Might be wrong but to wait 16 years to have a Welsh Worlds.....................

atb

Barry

...I am not sure what happens when the prospective host turns it down.....I suppose the fairest would be to go to the next in the list, this would mean wales may only have to wait ten years..... :rolleyes:

OK, it passes to the next on the list. But should the country that declined now join the back of the queue, or have another opportunity the following year?

If they go to the back, then it means all the other countries get their chance a year earlier. Maybe they weren't expecting that, and maybe the country two years away has a problem to get ready with 12 months less notice period.

Edited by rich

Personally I'm wondering how some countries can run the event when their legislation will demand paperwork that might not be obtainable by attending countries.

Germany, and other countries that use the EFP system perhaps had better work something out if they want anyone from England, Scotland or Wales attending.

If you decline, then to the back of the queue in my book.

Unless expressely stated, my posts reflect my personal views and not that of any organisation

Just like shopping

you forget something, you come back to the END of the Q

NOT just behind where you were.

ALL countries should be penalised if they do not take their turn????

Or at least give fair notice so that the next in line does have time to prepare.

I love Malta and the Maltese....but are they really going to host a World Championship in FT?? Prove me wrong!

Not picking on Malta, there are plenty of others.

regards

Barry

ps Has anyone started a UK thread on who is going to SA??

If I remember correctly, this list was drawn up by the South Africans after the original controversy?

Did anyone else have a say in the matter at the time or is everyone just going along with it?

Dave

yes im welsh but and this is only a but we the welsh have been shooting FT for ever and have been a pine in the a*** of England for years so why are we last and if another country signs up do they go to the back and in the past 5 years iv shot the worlds in Poland and Germany so why are they before Wales ???? again

yes im welsh but and this is only a but we the welsh have been shooting FT for ever and have been a pine in the a*** of England for years so why are we last and if another country signs up do they go to the back and in the past 5 years iv shot the worlds in Poland and Germany so why are they before Wales ???? again

Well said Dorian, Wales should be at the top of the list.

Dave

If I remember correctly, this list was drawn up by the South Africans after the original controversy?

Did anyone else have a say in the matter at the time or is everyone just going along with it?

Dave

The WFTF voted on it.

Wales....begins with 'W' after W there is X - no country, Yemen is not a member......It was put in alphabetical order, with a few changes....

well yes I am dyslexic but I am aware that Wales begins with a W so my question stands if another country applies

e.g. France will they be next our do thay go to the back of the queue :soapbox:

Hello

The WFTF Rules were revised and voted on on by all the member countries (the BFTA is not a member, so it does not have a vote) I have a PDF of the rules if someone call tell me what to do to get a link onto this site.

Who and how the annual competition is hosted is explained fully.

Best wishes, Roger.

well yes I am dyslexic but I am aware that Wales begins with a W so my question stands if another country applies

e.g. France will they be next our do thay go to the back of the queue :soapbox:

Your question also asked "why are we last " and I answered that!!!! :soapbox:

i thought it was agreed to go to the next on the list

considering we would of been voting now for the 2011(old system)

wouldnt it be fair to ask the next one on the list whether they would definatly be having a worlds and give them a time limit to say yes or no(same time frame as last time May wasnt it).

so the next one has a chance to step forward.

I wander if anything is already being sorted

regards

lyndeen

Wales....begins with 'W' after W there is X - no country, Yemen is not a member......It was put in alphabetical order, with a few changes....

No, Wales begins with a C

"Cymru" :sign_respect1:

Hello

The WFTF Rules were revised and voted on on by all the member countries (the BFTA is not a member, so it does not have a vote) I have a PDF of the rules if someone call tell me what to do to get a link onto this site.

Who and how the annual competition is hosted is explained fully.

Best wishes, Roger.

I find that a bit of a surprise that the bfta is not a member, is there a reason why?

I would have thaught we have one of the largest number of competitors doing Ft (having started it) and certainly out of the top 10 shots in the world (sub 12ft) I think the Uk could fill nealry all 10 places?

As this is a competition that competitors on the whole I believe have to fund themselves to reach and shoot, I think it should only be held in countries where the largest number of the worlds best entries can afford to attend.

ie, if New Zealand is hosting and it costs for example a shooter £2000+ for a week or two visit and shooting, there are lot (especially in the current financial climate) that would not attend. Thus to me it would be championship where we may have a champion that we all know most of the top Uk shooters would /could have beaten, something simular i guess to the various world champion boxers there are in a given class.

No, for me a World Champion has to have taken on the best of the best in the world, not just those who could afford to be there.

Thus only the Uk should host it :atounge:

Edited by Piemanlarger

Hello

The WFTF consists of Countries only, the BFTA is not a country it is the association of three countries. If we (the BFTA) had a vote it would be unfair because England, Scotland and Wales would have an additional vote between them. The BFTA can not, and has not, hosted a WFTF Competition, it has been England, I don't believe Scotland or Wales has ever hosted the Worlds.

The BFTA is priveledged to be on the WFTF mailing list and offers help and advice whenever asked.

Once again, if someone can tell me how, I will post a copy of the latest set of WFTF Rules, or you can pm me and I will send a copy over.

Please feel free to pm me if you wish to discuss this thread privately.

Best wishes, Roger.

Hello

The WFTF consists of Countries only, the BFTA is not a country it is the association of three countries. If we (the BFTA) had a vote it would be unfair because England, Scotland and Wales would have an additional vote between them. The BFTA can not, and has not, hosted a WFTF Competition, it has been England, I don't believe Scotland or Wales has ever hosted the Worlds.

The BFTA is priveledged to be on the WFTF mailing list and offers help and advice whenever asked.

Once again, if someone can tell me how, I will post a copy of the latest set of WFTF Rules, or you can pm me and I will send a copy over.

Best wishes, Roger.

thanks Roger,

I made the mistake of presuming it meant that no one in the Uk got a say / vote! We get 3?? As such.

Anyway, I think the original question from Doz was perhaps aimed at finding out how we can hasten the chances of the Worlds being held in Wales, where at this moment in time I am under the impression Nelson would be keen to be host ground?

Forgive me if I am presumptuous

Hello

Best wishes, Roger.

Hello Roger,

I think it would be of value to have them on the EFTA site as well, so if you can email them to me at the usual address, i'll post a link here and on the BFTA forum.

Regards,

Robert

well i now know ill be 57 when the worlds will be in wales so not long me berty landy simon and Z,d are starting to look at the courses just in case we can step in after all 15 years is just round the corner

rgds doz and the NELSON boyos :cheers:

Doz

There could be method in their madness? By the time the Worlds comes round to Wales or England, we'll all be that old we'll be on zimmer frames with advanced arthritis and the rest of the World competitors may be in with a chance!! :rolleyes:

Dave

Edited by draco

Hi Dave,

Who cares where's the venue as long as you can produce that curry

Shaun

Edited by CB Chairman

Rules can be changed, Ask the EFTA sec,WAFTA sec and SARPA sec to put a motion forward to the current WFTA chair nation for a new vote on revised list if WAFTA draw one up.