Sign in to follow this  
Piemanlarger

Tondu Saturday 28th

To celebrate the Welsh rugby Win on friday night, we shall be putting out an open course of 20-30 or so targets Saturday at tondu Ar+Ftc.

If anyone shopuld like to pop along and have a go you will be welcome (non FAC). Not starting till 11 ish and staying a bit later than we usually do.

thats presuming its not pee ing down!

Sounds interesting :) Would I be welcome with my old BSA springer?? LOL!

Is this the club at Tondu C.C. ? Please give directions - PM if you like.

Cheers

Steve

Sounds interesting :) Would I be welcome with my old BSA springer?? LOL!

Is this the club at Tondu C.C. ? Please give directions - PM if you like.

Cheers

Steve

any sub 12 foot airgun welcome. Where you coming from? Tondu C.C.? Think that may be the indoor club?

Leave the M4 at junction 36 (Bridgend and Sarn Park Services)

If travelling westward, stay in outer lane on slip road and at the roundabout at the top follow signs for services and Maesteg, this will take you across a bridge over the motorway to a second roundabout.

Take the first exit signed for Maesteg and Services (be careful as what appears to be the first exit is no-entry and is where the exit ramp from the eastbound carriageway of the motorway meets the roundabout)

If travelling eastward, follow the exit ramp straight up to the roundabout at the top, do not turn left into the services, and take the first exit, signposted for Maesteg.

You will now find yourselves on a dual carriageway.

Go straight through the traffic lights at the turning for the services and continue down the hill, be careful as the speed limit is 50 and the police do sometimes put a camera van on this stretch!

At the bottom of the hill, are more traffic lights just before a roundabout. You need to get into the right hand lane approaching the roundabout as the left lane becomes left turn only.

Go straight across roundabout (2nd exit).

Some three-quarters of a mile along this road it bends to the left by a restaurant called “The Fountain” and snakes its way up a hill. At the top of the hill it levels out and follows a ridge.

Some 200 yards along the road you will see Mount Pleasant farm shop on the left (this is Farm Rd -W3º37'29 (3.62477º) N51º31'56 (51.53241º)

Directly opposite this is a farm gate on the right. This is the entrance to Tondu FTC.

If coming from the West, you may find it more convenient to leave the motorway at junction 38 and follow the A48 to Pyle. At Pyle Cross, turn left at the traffic lights and drive through Kenfig Hill and Cefn Cribwr. About half a mile after Cefn Cross you will see the Mount Pleasant farm shop on the right and our entrance is immediately opposite on the left.

Go through the gate (please close behind you!) and follow the track down. The track is a bit bumpy but is no problem for normal cars if taken slowly. Go through 2nd gate and you will find us straight ahead.

Edited by Piemanlarger

Thanks,mate :) . Should have told you that I know the area :mellow: .Sorry to make you type so much!!

Went past your club on Tuesday! More like Cefn Cribwr there than Tondu innit? I won't be able to make it on Saturday but if you have any more details about the club (website for instance?)-I'd like to visit in the future 'cos I'm not in a club at the moment. I'm in Cardiff BTW. Thanks again for the reply and I hope it all goes well, especially after another WALES WIN :sign_respect1:

Cheers!

Steve

Thanks,mate :) . Should have told you that I know the area :mellow: .Sorry to make you type so much!!

Went past your club on Tuesday! More like Cefn Cribwr there than Tondu innit? I won't be able to make it on Saturday but if you have any more details about the club (website for instance?)-I'd like to visit in the future 'cos I'm not in a club at the moment. I'm in Cardiff BTW. Thanks again for the reply and I hope it all goes well, especially after another WALES WIN :sign_respect1:

Cheers!

Steve

Plan B.

1/ Dont mention the rugby.

2/see you next weekend or perhaps in the week.

3/ dont worry, details were copied from last years Gp directions.

4/ Cefn Ccribw yes. Good place, my wife came from there!

Cheers, pieman. Hope you're having a good Saturday (don't mention the rugby!)

I'll let you know when I can get along to the club.

Steve