• Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
Sign in to follow this  
TheNightHawk®

Weihrauch HW100 Regulator Stripdown by NightHawk

After several thousand shots and 2 years of service, my regulator started to stick and spread the velocity. So i decided to stripdown my regulator and renew all o rings. i searched google but i did not find a topic for regulator stripdown and service. i did take some pictures for all weihrauch hw100 owners which like to DIY.

i start with my scope, after marking it's position i removed my scope.

After removing the scope, i removed cylinder for my safety.

img2689v.jpg

You have to turn over the rifle and remove 2 stock screws.

img2692.jpg

img2693i.jpg

To take the barrel, you have to remove this grubscrew , but mark the barrel position.

img2695h.jpg

When you removed the barrel you are ready to remove the trigger group. it is held by 2 screws. Be sure the rifle is not cocked. Decock if necessary (open the cocking lever, fully press trigger, slowly close cocking lever while the trigger is pressed)

img2696k.jpg

Now you can remove 2 long bolts to remove the pneumatic part.

img2697.jpg

Now we have to remove 2 bolts to open the firing valve assembly.

img2698u.jpg

You can clean these parts with a paper towel.

img2699.jpg

img2703p.jpg

if you wish you can polish the valve cap. i used metylan metal polish for mirror finish.

img2705e.jpg

Now we mark the regulator cap to find easly the position after. i suggest you to write down the number of turns you have to turn to remove the cap.

img2701ic.jpg

Under the action we have a grubscrew, we have to take it but beware there is a tiny ball inside, take it and put it in a secure place, do not loose!

img2711m.jpg

we can now open the regulator cap and remove regulator valve and washer springs. Pay attension to the number and positions of the springs. Clean all parts and inside of the block.

img2702u.jpg

After the cleaning and relubing with silicone based greases like Molycote 33

Molycote 33 Datasheet

O ring sizes required. All sizes are metric !!!

2.57x1.78 for cylinder.

img2707.jpg

7x1.50 for Regulator assembly

img2708n.jpg

8x1.50 for regulator cap

img2710w.jpg

11x1.50 for firing valve cap

inside this cap there is a pellet probe o ring which is

5.5x1 for 5.5 (.22) rifle.

img2713n.jpg

8x1.50 Barrel face O ring

img2719u.jpg

I Use Loctite 248 for barrel grubscrew. it is recommended for accuracy and loose barrel problems.

img2726qy.jpg

Loctite 248 Datasheet

img2725li.jpg

Assembly is in reverse order, but be gentle on o rings. Have a good day.

My FAC regulator has 16 springs in this order

(())(())(())(())

NightHawk from Turkey.

very good post Nighthawk!

Thanks to all people who interested and uses weihrauch like me. i have found a trigger unit cutout too. Use it for good :D

post-16701-1263594020_thumb.jpg

And mystery of the steel ball under the action is revealed HERE

Don't have the Quickfill think? Don't be sad , :D there is a solution click here

Edited by TheNightHawk®

NIGHTHAWK, I HAVE A BROKEN INDEXING SPRING ON MY HW100 SO THE SINGLE SHOT MAG WILL NOT SPRING OUT. HAVE YOU ANY DIAGRAMS OF HOW IT FITS PLEASE.

REGARDS JIMMER

jeremy.stamp@btinternet.com

Guest sas5

Hi NightHawk,

Could you please tell me how many turns for regulator cap for washer springs for FAC model ? I have tried to clean mine, but forgot to mark exact position :(

Also, hole with tiny ball inside and grubscrew is supposed to be port for manometer? is this true ? If so, any idea what kind of adapter/manometer would be suitable to use?

Thank you

Hi NightHawk,

Could you please tell me how many turns for regulator cap for washer springs for FAC model ? I have tried to clean mine, but forgot to mark exact position :(

Also, hole with tiny ball inside and grubscrew is supposed to be port for manometer? is this true ? If so, any idea what kind of adapter/manometer would be suitable to use?

Thank you

i did not remember but it is i think 2mm deep.

manometer port is metric 6, the part you need is

1/8"bsp female x M6x1 metric male taper thread

you can buy it from HERE

NIGHTHAWK, I HAVE A BROKEN INDEXING SPRING ON MY HW100 SO THE SINGLE SHOT MAG WILL NOT SPRING OUT. HAVE YOU ANY DIAGRAMS OF HOW IT FITS PLEASE.

REGARDS JIMMER

jeremy.stamp@btinternet.com

it is pictured in pic number 6 follow the post

part number is cs748 in the diagram.

Your o-ring for valve cap (11x1.5) is too large c/s. Factory size is 12x1.2 - even this is too large c/s. Both these sizes suffer installation damage. groove/channel containment surface dimensions should exceed o--ring c/s. 12x1 is the correct size.

Inside Reg Valve (2 brass components) is 2x2 (factory) o-ring. Again this is wrong size and suffers over-compression. Replace with 2.57x1.78 (same as reg inlet)

Edited by POK!

thank you POK! i changed valve cap o ring before, it leaks sometimes. you are right, 12x1 is better. i forgot to mention, mine developped a leak 2 days after the installation from the valve cap, i changed with a smaller diameter as you mentioned here. i thinked it is from loose bolt or over tightened barrel grubscrew.

is that Inside Reg Valve (2 brass components) is o ring 132 in the diagram?

Edited by TheNightHawk®

Breech block - 12x1.2 IMO too large c/s. It will seal on assembly but gets pinched between block and action body acting as a gasket "crush installation", this can lead to extrusion and failure. Any subtle shift of breech block position and it fails (i.e tighten barrel grub screw). Although technically it's already failed as soon as fitted. 12x1mm much better, deforms under load to seal and can be reused.

The other o-ring is unlisted and doesn't appear on any parts diagrams/lists. It seals the 2 brass components that make up the reg valve body. Factory is 2x2mm. This o-ring also gets pinched during assembly, it's 2mm ID interferes with reg valve (ball bearing) seating. Replace with 2.76x1.58mm

Edited by POK!

Thanks for sharing that with us, it made great and helpful reading!!!

atb, Gareth.

Weihrauch HW 100, 15.6 x 2.5 HW 2682B

Weihrauch HW 100, 37.1 x 1.6 HW 2682C

Weihrauch HW 100, 32 x 2 HW 2603A= 5.5 MM or B= 4.5 MM

Weihrauch HW 100, 13 x 2 HW 2704

Weihrauch HW 100, 3 x 1.5 HW 2655D

Weihrauch HW 100, 12 x 1.2 HW 2658

Weihrauch HW 100, 5.5 x 1 HW 2659A

Weihrauch HW 100, 4 x 1.5 HW 2618A

Weihrauch HW 100, 2.57 x 1.78 HW 2665

Weihrauch HW 100, 7 x 1.5 HW 2666

Weihrauch HW 100, 7 x 1.5 HW 2668

Weihrauch HW 100, 10 x 1.5 HW 2672

Weihrauch HW 100, 8 x 1.5 HW 2679

Weihrauch HW 100, 2.57x1.78 HW 2703B

Original O ring sizes with part numbers.