holly

GC2 Action .

Yes . but all good things come to an end . will have it back in a couple of weeks . just in time for the season and kicking ass ??? HOLLY

I thought it would be a good idea to glue the sidewheel on as well as use the little allen bolts to secure it . but some must have run down the parralax knob and got in the works . seized solid . goes back to lupe tomorrow . ah well it needed a clean ??? HOLLY PS not stuck up , me ?

No, more stuck solid!

Note to self, never give Holly anything to fix!

Well i cannot see why not . i certainly fixed that ??? HOLLY

oops :0

I thought it would be a good idea to glue the sidewheel on as well as use the little allen bolts to secure it . but some must have run down the parralax knob and got in the works . seized solid . goes back to lupe tomorrow . ah well it needed a clean ??? HOLLY PS not stuck up , me ?

:rofl2::hit:

Some you win . some you lose ??? HOLLY

But all is not lost . i have just bought Ahmets old Custom shop off him . he has gone and bought a BIG 60 . so i have bought the custom shop to put on my old Airmasters shamel . now with an olympic trigger on board . so i will have two old rifles to kick your ass with . ??? HOLLY PS when did the custom shop come out , i wonder . the shamel s were introduced in 88 . so i wonder if they could have been used with a shop .

CS were 1992 i think.

I started with a Tasco 2-7 x 32 on my shamal and then went to a Tasco 8-32 x 44 front pa that Nick brought back from the u.s.

Yes daz . i had one of 8+32 -44 tascos . sold it the next week . did not like it ??? HOLY

Right . now i think we are getting somewhere . new barrel fitted . decided to stay with the mozzies . mainly cos i have ten tins of em . . cleaned the new barrel out .and away we went this morning . it took 18 clicks to get back on zero ( quarters ) . tried it grouping . yes considereably better at 35 yards . consistent . not up a fleas bottom . but not bad . getting better as i went out and the barrel settled down . till at 55 yards i got 5 shots touching . not bad as the wind was a little fluky . went on to our practice range . about 30 odd targets laid out at random from 8 yards out to 60 yards . minis all mixed in . i was when i knew the wind , able to call shots off before shooting , as my confidence grew . time will tell but i am hoping this is now sorted . will see tomorrow as it is a winter league at spring arc . so a good chance to test it out ??? HOLLY :Grumpgramp:

Well the gun is now sorted . despite sundays -excrement-e score . all that is needed is to decide which pellet to use . Exact 8.4 at 785 . or mozzies 7.9 at 810 ? the accuracy with mozzies is superb but the usal problem with the lighter pellet is still there . IE it will some times fight the wind when you want it to go with it . but either way i reckon it can win ??? HOLLY

I didnt realize there was a JSB heavy 10.2 grain... have you tried these..what is your opinion....

ps use your schutz!!!!!

Edited by Siy-co

If you run a heavy pellet at the legal limit then you will allways have the same problem . loopy trajectory and problems with the wind on long uns . they drop like a stone out past 45 yards . and you can see em fly away just before they get to a long target in a bit of a wind . i remember nick jenks coming out of a deep wood to the edge of it , still clear . with five lanes to go . he was using barracuda match at 10.06 grains . superbly accurate . oxoed all the last lanes , the wind did for him . i think that is when he he went over to 8. 5s . . but your choice . the shutz for the rest of the winter league . BUT the GC2 for the GPs . gotta prove a point ??? HOLLY

Just picked up a GC2 in a Paul Wilson stock off Whizzer, which will be set up as a retro-ish FT beastie using an 18-40x Prem Ret Leupy. Not put it across a chrono for consistency yet, but what pellet do these prefer?

Also, anyone got any history for this one? No. 87 (I think, stamped on the pellet tray/loading port?)

ATB .......... Jerry

Traditionally . GC2s like prems . 7.9s . ( mozzies now ) but i find they will also shoot exacts 8.4s very well indeed ( 4.53 ) depends on what your shooting is like . are you a wind man . if so then exacts . if not then you can get away with murder with the mozzies windage wise . run the exacts at 785 and the mozzies at 810 . you shuld get about a hundred shots with the exacts and about 70 with mozzies . that is you have the MK three bleed valve . luck ??? HOLLY PS i clean the barrel in the week . shoot saturday to bring the barrel back in for the comp on sunday . then repeat . do not leave it . two tight patches through IE squeakers .

Squeakers ... I'm liking that.... do know what he means though

some squeak . some vibrate ? like women really ??? HOLLY

PS i should add the secret of shooting a GC2 to a good standard is to tap the trigger . not squeeze it . . set the trigger as a single stage jobbie . long first stage , when on target . gently start to tap the trigger . with practice you will start to feel the wind . then all of a sudden the shot is gone . your subconsicious does the shooting . the final tap is a suprise to you .ohhh . gone . sounds funny i know , but the GC2 trigger is it's weak spot . but if you tap it you by-pass that . learnt this off richard north . who said it was a way of dealing with the pressure of the shot . IE if you don't pull the trigger , you cannot miss .

Edited by holly

Shot the GC2 in earnest for the first time today - and was impressed, to say the least! 5fps across the chrono, and tipping the top spinner on a box target at 55yds. All this from a gun over 20 yrs old.

It's now paired with a nice front focus Leupy with a multi-line premier reticle. Zero @ 35yds and that's about it. Just wish I'd got one earlier.

All we need now is some nice person to persuade Sportsmatch to start making 'em again :thumb:

If you are gonna use it for FT . get a MK 4 32 mag . it is the perfect match . old but gold and can stay with more modern stuff easily . ??? HOLLY PS fordy was gonna sell the rights i believe . £ 25.000 the last time i heard . wished i had the dosh .

If you are gonna use it for FT . get a MK 4 32 mag . it is the perfect match . old but gold and can stay with more modern stuff easily . ??? HOLLY PS fordy was gonna sell the rights i believe . £ 25.000 the last time i heard . wished i had the dosh .

Oh, for a lottery win........maybe a conglomerate of shooters with a bit of dosh to spare? I've got a shilling or 2 handy, but not £25k!

I'll stick with the 18-40 for now. It's nice 'n bright, and I'm used to thge multi-lines. I have a coaster on the parallax which just touches the barrel: I now get ratchet focussing! It seems to make it easier to pick out the focus and gives me 3 distinct points between 50 and 55. Before, I struggled with the gradual fade-in,fade out. Happy coincidence of the interference seems to have helped.

Choices now: Either the Ripper/NXS, or GC2 and Leup. Maybe if your Classic FT idea takes off........?

I have a very old MK4 which would do the job . light not very bright . but reliable . or the old custom shop . trouble with that is wash out when it get's to bright . need another sun shade on it . they usually came with two ? bit of an old clunker . but the idea was to show that you do NOT need a daystate GP ( £ 1750 ) to do good in FT . or a S&B / MARCH . if you can do well with a 22 year old rifle . then you can do well with most rifles and scopes ??? HOLLY

i think that's been proven by Marc last year, 77 + him, leading shot overall after 4 gps... and it wasn't just 1 or two where he put in a top score.

you don't need that gear, you just want something solid and reliable.

agree with the CS, they can suffer in the bright... but it's not a massive problem, and it's not often it occurs... but then for £300 who cares. That + 77, off you go, the sub £500 rig.

It sounds good rob . but in reality it is not so easy . a few years back i bought a ken turner tuned MK1 TX 200 . smooth as silk it was . had it bull pupped by B&M . put my MK 4 on board and was ready for the worlds i thought . nope i was not ready . it means really unless you are very talented . that you must give up shooting a puff gun and only shoot a springer . a good one . i was not talented enough and did not give up shooting my puff guns . sold it and moved on . good luck to anybody who can do it though . but it is not me babe ??? HOLLY :Grumpgramp:

anyone ever shot a wiscombe well in GPs on a regular basis?

anyone ever shot a wiscombe well in GPs on a regular basis?

yes, i believe john whiscombe is pretty good with them :D

At £1500 for a secondhand one . i would have thought all the shooters who would use one , have all been locked up in the looney bin ??? HOLLY

Right here i go again . GC2 is back in action . the Comp X is back from america ( no don't ask why ) one of barry taylors excellent sidewheels has been fitted . tomorrow afternoon i will get down to spring and zero it in and set up the scope . i have via kilty bought some of the new webley prems . which seem much better than the last lot i bought a while back . so we are ready to roll . the goal is to be ready for ETLs GP in a couple of weeks time and of course kick that nice piemanlarger ass there and in wales . by gum i am looking forward to the weekend??? HOLLY