holly

GC2 Action .

3 hours ago, holly said:

Trouble is Gary the collectors have got most of the good ones nowadays . stick a wanted on the STB or the BBS . ??? HOLLY

PS what about Dale down in cornwall or that collector  ooop north who was selling a dozen . a while a go . could do a search on the BBS , where he advertising em .

PSS Jay has got a welham stocked ( posh one ) Scimitar . could try him .

I have an ad on here, stb and bbs Dave 

messaged Alan up north just messaged Dale and contacted Steve who I sold the steel carbine to and a few others 

Oh right . your on it then . young Daz in SWFTA bought my spare one . that shot well but had the Mk11 bleed valve and i like to shoot a lot . so my thumb would have suffered ??? HOLLY

Might know of a stainless GC2 up for grabs, Pete on here.

Just now, sportsmatch said:

Alan is keep his collection of 10 GC2’s 

No wonder there’s never any good ones for sale.

i know of an immaculate left hand one that’s sitting in a guy’s safe. He won’t let me near it so have no idea if what mark it is,

Very true Gary . i really cannot see what collectors get out of it . maybe money . i don't care what rifle it is . if it is not accurate/ reliable . gone ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

Oh right . your on it then . young Daz in SWFTA bought my spare one . that shot well but had the Mk11 bleed valve and i like to shoot a lot . so my thumb would have suffered ??? HOLLY

Never had a problem cocking a mk2 maybe through working with my hands over the years makes the hands strong or I had a good technique the only time I had an issue was when it went sick it was hard to cock jthen shooting over 900fps and making a strange sound on firing,  once it was serviced it was back to normal. The MK 3 is far easier to cock than the MK2 

I think I know where my old steel action went so that is off the table now 

I never thought getting an old greaser would be so hard 

Is the power adjustable on the one you sold Daz 

Yes Gary it is a MK 11 . the MK 11 bleed valve is useable no probs . but i shoot all day . after a couple of hundred pellets it does your thumb in . no probs with the Mk 111 bleed valve . ??? HOLLY 

I got a sniff of a MK3 stainless carbine in a welham stock ringing on Monday to find out more 

Edited by sportsmatch

Better start saving then Gary ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, sportsmatch said:

I got a sniff of a MK3 stainless carbine in a welham stock ringing on Monday to find out more 

Good luck!  :grin:

Everybody should have one ??? HOLLY

22 hours ago, holly said:

Everybody should have one ??? HOLLY

I've always fancied a Greaser but then the servicing and button pushing reality kicks in and I'm reminded that technology (and the World) has moved on.

I think it's the same reason that I love shooting a black powder pistol, there's a certain satisfaction to actually hand-loading the cylinders instead of just slapping a magazine in there.

Saying that if I were Custer at Bighorn I'd take the .40 cal Glock and as many magazines as possible over a .44 black powder pistol....:grin:

One in each hand might help ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

One in each hand might help ??? HOLLY

I think that's why the old gunslingers used to pack about four pistols just incase.

Or a mini gun ??? HOLLY

12 hours ago, holly said:

Or a mini gun ??? HOLLY

The derringer was the backup, backup...😉