holly

GC2 Action .

£1650 for a good one atb

Good one terry ? there are no good ones :D ??? HOLLY PS you was turned over mate . got a nice venom 80 in 22 with tyrolean stock for sale .

the goal is to be ready for ETLs GP in a couple of weeks time and of course kick that nice piemanlarger ass there and in wales . by gum i am looking forward to the weekend??? HOLLY

well, first time for everything! (this year)

In my book, your 44 targets down on the bet. The bet being that over the Gp series, it was an old Njr vs and old gc2, which failed to show at gp 1!!

No point comng to Gp 3, Tondu course did you in 2008. Its a harder one this time round!!

Holly.

Had my GC2 done by Dave at Staffordshire custom rifles and the filler replaced by a Daystate mini and a sleeve machined for the female connection,posted back ready for the worlds at Kelmarsh.Good price and quick.Have the packeaging for posting left if you need to send yours off anytime Holly.

So far so good,unfortunately the Daystates 'select' I ordered are not as good as the 'old' ones I bought last year;groups are wider and drop more at 55yds.

Trialed Daystates select, Exacts, FX's, Mossies, Super Field and Superdomes.

Days before the Worlds I had to buy 4 tins off the shelf of Super Fields the winner of the 'limited trials I had time for.

Weight spread is bad from 8.1 to 8.9ish but by grouping weights 8.3-8.4 and 8.5-8.6 and using for comp only 8.3-8.4 preference first they seem to fit the bill but not as good as last years Daystate Selects.

Ratings for the groups were :-

1-Superfields.

2-Fx's.

3-Exacts.Mossies.

4-Daystates Selects.

The Superdomes although not as good as those of 1986 on were holding a good group but dropped more than the rest of the group test.

Why do manufacturers change the shape/weight of a winning formula in pellets but don't tell anyone until you find out yourself when buying them.They are then a completely different animal.

ps,as much as you would like it ,it didn't p*ss down,muddy but fun.

HERX77 .

Edited by herx77

The Superdomes although not as good as those of 1986 on were holding a good group but dropped more than the rest of the group test.

HERX77 .

I got about 4,000 1991 superdomes.

Njr hates them!

Herx . you should try the new webley prems . very good groups out of the GC2 with em . not as tight as the ones i had before ??? HOLLY

Pie man . what ever . i could not use the GC2 . cos the scope was not on the gun . bit of a problem . but no sweat i will be at ETL with it to show you how it is done and in wales to show you again ??? HOLLY

HOLLY get a tin of hustlers ding ding

Today . well some good some bad . mostly the good was the weather . excellent . warm sunny perfect .BUT i set the rifle up at 810 with prems . zeroed at 35 yards and did the lifts on the top turret . did the sidewheel . did the close ones and was ready to do some practice . blooming hell it does not take any wind at al i thought as knocked target after target over without giving an inch of wind . but of course after a few more targets the penny dropped . i had of course zeroed into the wind . twlve clicks later i was giving the same inch and a half as every body else . ah well , dreams of FT victory went . then i discovered that the power had crept up and my marking were wrong . tomorrow MUST be better ??? HOLLY

holly your inbox is full atb terry

Guest sportsmatch

will take the old girl for a zeroing session and play

Cheers terry . done . gary . try some of the new webley prems . they like the old GC2s . when i had finnished fiddling ( for today anyway ) i shot at one of the old pallets at 50 yards . no real wind . and three of the 5 i fired just pushed each over into the wood . now i have not done that since die 2 days ??? HOLLY

Edited by holly

Pie man . what ever . i could not use the GC2 . cos the scope was not on the gun . bit of a problem . but no sweat i will be at ETL with it to show you how it is done and in wales to show you again ??? HOLLY

Lame :D Would have taken you 30 mins to set up a scope at gp 1 with such a good zero range set out!

Anyway, will be waiting for you at gp 2 lol

Well , some bad and some more bad . but not all bad ? finnished off the zeroing . close and long . turret sorted , ready to go by dinner time . everything checked out . onto the course with our not so tame ukranian , nat . disastrous . missed two out of the first 4 . reasonable wind coming in from the right . should have been just outside edge . noway . got to scary our dodgy 55 yarder and it took 10 shots to get it . stop shooting and think it through . rifle seems not to bad .the scope was coming up with the ranges allright .that only leaves the pellets . my new prems .surely not they seem spot on . back to the zero range and ponce some exacts 4.52 . 8.4s .5 shots for the barrel to get used to em . dial up 50 yards , should drop low . two inches high .oohwerr .dial up 45 yards . aim at 50 yard board . spot on . pellets moving half an inch to the left . just what i thought . drat all that work for nothing . wrong pellets . back to the drawing board next week . whilst turning the rifle down to 785 again i thought it over . my conclussion is that the GC is an old rifle . many , many thousands of pelets have passed down that barrel . i think the barrel is a little worn and needs the bigger pellets to get a proper barrel seal . so 4.53s it is next weekend .

the good . well all that effort was good practice in the "never give up bit" and in one of the breaks to moan whinge whine and drink tea . i managed to convince my mate to flog me back my old NJR bull pup . so now with a bit of luck i will be able once serviced plus getting uncle keith to make it one of his muzzle breaks for it and float the barrel . kick young pieman ass with it . oh the indignity of it ??? HOLLY PS now where did i put that MK4 ?

i thought it over . my conclussion is that the GC is an old rifle . many , many thousands of pelets have passed down that barrel . i think the barrel is a little worn and needs the bigger pellets to get a proper barrel seal . so 4.53s it is next weekend .

Thats my excuse about the worn barrel, get your own!

plenty of use left in the worn barrel line yet simon ??? HOLLY

"BUT" and then came on the scene a challenger to the old 113 GC2 ? my old flame . my first love . a much fiddled with NJR . started life as a Welham Compact . the only one ever made ( to expensive . £ 1150 ) the gun was superb . won me my first ever shoot . the hertford open . i had it bull pupped by B&M . just bought it back from my mate . gonna give it try sat to see how it goes and might use it for GP2 ??? HOLLY PS piemanlarger . you will if you go to ETL see the best NJR shooter in the country . no not me . john choppin . :qq:

Edited by holly

HOLLY PS piemanlarger . you will if you go to ETL see the best NJR shooter in the country . no not me . john choppin . :qq:

so that will be 2 Njr Whooping you this Gp then :D

This won't be a soft tawd vale . this is the sassy south .and you boys have just got off the boat . can you hack it ??? HOLLY

Took the NJR bull pup to spring today along with the GC2 to try em out back to back . well i always thought the GC was a difficult gun to shoot . but along side the NJR it is a doddle . had to give up on the NJ cos it started to go up and down on the chrono like a fiddlers elbow . been in a cupboard for two years so the seals probably need sorting . it was always a good grouping gun and nothing has changed in that department though . so it holds promise , just needs a bit of development work before it is ready to kick ass . changed the GC over to exacts 4.53s . yes much better . got some decent groups . redid the top turret for lifts and the close ones . filled up the gun and was ready to go on the course . big paul then decided he was gonna kick my ass on the course , so tagged along . paul is like a vulture ( a big fat one ) he thought cos i have just started to sort the gun , he could get an easy victory . ( wrong ) although to be fair he was doing all right till we got to the positionals . i got em , he did not . ain't life a bitch paul . going to ETL tomorrow to use there zero range to check my settings and of course avoid pattle in case he wants me to do any work ??? HOLLY :D :thumb::f2: PS the NJR on prems at 815 sounds just like a rimfire . EXCELLENT .

Edited by holly

Holly you only beat me by 3 and 2 of them you talked me out of, You forgot to say that i wasnt shooting my gun but nats gun that i shoot once in a blue moon, so for you to win by 3 will do me thanks. :f2:

PS if you are at ETL tomorrow dont leave your food laying around or you will lose it,holly will eat anything that is edable.

PS if you are at ETL tomorrow dont leave your food laying around or you will lose it,holly will eat anything that is edable.

Now that is a lie . i am on a diet ??? HOLLY PS sea food ?

Yes see food and eat it !!!!!!

He is quick inne ??? HOLLY

Last week at ETL the old rifle just did not seem to be hitting the targets with the old zest . so i decided to give the barrel a good go over with WD40 . pulled it through with the said oil in the week . tried it out today and the accuracy was def better . it maybe just the fact that you tried to do something , but either way it felt better ??? HOLLY

They say that you should practice with a springer to iron out your shooting technique . i disagree . you should get an old long barreled puff gun and try and match the accuracy of the modern short barreled rifle . IE 21 inches against 16 and a half inches . after missing three out of the first four targets . i went back to the zero range to check the rifle , nothing wrong . so it must be me . two faults i could identify were the trigger was set to light for the cold conditions and the first stage was to long . easy to fix . thinking a bit more i thought that i had mounted the rifle to high with spacers . to get a better position on the uphill shots . two spacers out . back to the beginning of the course and a good 50 yarder . not easy cos the wind coming from behind was going left and right around the big tree behind me . so in the space of a second it could change from inside right to left ot vica versa . watch the windicator . concentrated hard and fired over 50 shots without moving position . watching the strike on each .missed two , wind changed as i was pulling the trigger . hopefully a good session sat morning before i go over to ETL to give a hand put out the course will see me right for sunday's GP ??? HOLLY

So are you actually going to use a Vintage Pcp this weekend or am in in comp on my own again :D

OF COURSE .if you get one and i clear the course . i will be in the lead ??? HOLLY :D :qq::angry:

PS and if wayne sorts the other NJR out . i will use that at tondu ?

Edited by holly

OF COURSE .if you get one and i clear the course . i will be in the lead ??? HOLLY :D :qq::angry:

PS and if wayne sorts the other NJR out . i will use that at tondu ?

So what you using Sunday Hols??

Go the reg ready for you to pick up too.

Shame but it has gotta be the GC2 . NJR not ready yet . yes i will take the reg back with me . i should have got it at ETL but i was dragging in the blooming course and missed you . i will leave the pulling in to you this time :D . but the GC seems to be shooting better now i have left the barrel untouched . it liked to be cleaned on a regular basis with prems . but i shoot exacts through it now and they are a cleaner pellet . it goes to show you just cannot take anything for granted with air rifles . talking of dirty pellets , i bought a theoben evoloution and in the bag with it were a tin of milbro pellets . they are the most disgusting pellets i have ever seen and i have seen a few ??? HOLLY :0:angry:

Talking of groups sizes . now i have stoped cleanning the barrel on the old 113 . sunday i put in the best group i have ever shot on springfields zero range .at 40 yards i shot at a pellet mark . maybe an eight of an inch increased the group . the next two went into the middle of the mark . no grouper me , but that sort of group is what gives confidence . zero difference between aim point and the point of impact .??? HOLLY