holly

GC2 Action .

Thanks to Rockdrill on here i have finally managed to get a GC2 action .my old one was just about putting in the tight groups that GC2 owners expect and the rest of you mugs are lucky if you get once a year at christmas ? and now to finnish the winter league with a flourish . by god you boys do not know what you are missing . still hang on . that is you lots strong point ? missing that is . keep practicing boys ??? HOLLY :Grumpgramp:

ANSCHUTZ MATE!........................ get used to losing to one......

Bought a two thousand and eight mate ??? HOLLY Ps your falling behind in the gun race ?

What is more i can cut down a telegraph pole in two swipes with my bowie knife now ( in joke ) ??? HOLLY

Bought a two thousand and eight mate ??? HOLLY Ps your falling behind in the gun race ?

Maybe an 8002 Holly??

Yep it might be barry ? but then it might be the new one ??? HOLLY

Nice to see someone else is getting good results with a GC2,turned a few over at the worlds HFT this year.Not bad for a rifle out of production for 16ish years;and can still keep up with the best! :atounge:

HERX77 .

"can still keep up with the best!"

HERX77

IN FRONT OF THE BEST HERX77 that is cos it is STILL the best rifle made out there .??? HOLLY

I put the new action i bought in the bullpup stock and tried it out this weekend . it shot well with exacts 4.53s but nothing above avearge . but with the new prems it shot REALLY well . only snag was we could not get the power up above 771 with prems . it seems the power adjuster is stuck . ah well will have to take it down . at the end of the day i took it to a lane with a 52 yard target on it . not an easy one this as the wind chops and changes slightly . just enough to throw a pellet outside the kill .aimed dead centre and fired ten shots . all of then knocked it over . if i can get the power up to 800 . i will use it for the next winter league at MAD . ??? HOLLY

Edited by holly

Holly,

As I only used the action with AA 4.52’s I found that it was very much borderline to the limit, with an uncomfortable number of pellets going OTT.

So the adjuster is wound right down on its stop and hasn’t been touched for some time.

I would say just give it a good tweak, maybe with a small extension bar on the key and it should free up OK.

Dale

Put some freeing oil down the hole and will try it tonight . one of the things i like about the GC2 is the CRACK when it fires . you can allways tell when they are running on song . cos otherwise you hear a muffled thwock noise , here's is to the crack ??? HOLLY

Right . tried it just now and it turned . you can hear the difference in the discharge . cannot chrono it till the weekend . but it should easily get up to 800 fps with the new prems . that should then not have to be adjusted in the summer as GC2s vary usually by not much more than 10 fps summer to winter ??? HOLLY PS go on boys you know you want to shoot the finest air rifles ever made .

whats old ...... sort of shoots well... was a classic .... is getting a bit long in the tooth and hard to look after............

A) HOLLY

B) Hollies GC2

answers on a postcard please

(wished I'd never had sold my gc2 though)

Edited by Siy-co

Don't worry son . i am gonna chop you down to size sunday ( in joke ) ??? HOLLY

whats old ...... sort of shoots well... was a classic .... is getting a bit long in the tooth and hard to look after............

A) HOLLY

B) Hollies GC2

answers on a postcard please

(wished I'd never had sold my gc2 though)

And i know exactly where your old gc2 is :abiggrin:

and of course the mighty ......

DAYSTATE MK 4 Grand Prix

Edited by Siy-co

SUPERGUN . Chat mr walters into bringing his down sunday and i will show you how it is done with a proper rifle . "WHERE IS IT" In your cupboard stuart ? simon if you so are convinced about the GP flog one of your cameras and buy one , then we will see ??? HOLLY :Grumpgramp:

SUPERGUN . Chat mr walters into bringing his down sunday and i will show you how it is done with a proper rifle . "WHERE IS IT" In your cupboard stuart ? simon if you so are convinced about the GP flog one of your cameras and buy one , then we will see ??? HOLLY :Grumpgramp:

it will be there in all its glory my old friend :abiggrin:

Holly, i will be taking delivery of mine next week!!!!

You fellas are all crazy . more dosh than sense . there is ONLY one supergun and it is spelt S-P-O-R-T-S-M-A-T-C-H G-C-2

what you fellas have got is what cliff church would call FOOLS GOLD ??? HOLLY :f2: :D :Grumpgramp:

Well power is up . but more problems of a pellet nature . if i zeored at a set distance and then kept shooting . it seemed all right . but as soon as i changed to another range it changed zero .a bit high or a bit low . ( could be the stock bedding ) now i am being picky here cos when i went on the course it hit every target i went for cept one . which i missed for wind ( 55 yards ) but of course sorting a rifle out properly can be a very time consuming business .next up is to rebed the stock and try dry pellets . IE wash off the oil of the 7.9 prems and match then up against the exacts 4.53s . both dry . but i have a feeling i will stay with the exacts in the end . grouping wise they do not seem as good . but they take a better more reliable wind .prems do not seem to like light breezes . they def move more than you think they should in light breezes . anyway onward and upward . but on the good side . my kneelers and standers were spot on ??? HOLLY

Well power is up . but more problems of a pellet nature . if i zeored at a set distance and then kept shooting . it seemed all right . but as soon as i changed to another range it changed zero .a bit high or a bit low . ( could be the stock bedding ) now i am being picky here cos when i went on the course it hit every target i went for cept one . which i missed for wind ( 55 yards ) but of course sorting a rifle out properly can be a very time consuming business .next up is to rebed the stock and try dry pellets . IE wash off the oil of the 7.9 prems and match then up against the exacts 4.53s . both dry . but i have a feeling i will stay with the exacts in the end . grouping wise they do not seem as good . but they take a better more reliable wind .prems do not seem to like light breezes . they def move more than you think they should in light breezes . anyway onward and upward . but on the good side . my kneelers and standers were spot on ??? HOLLY

looks like a long list of excuses for today to me :thefinger:

"Begging To Buy It" Yep i sure was . the price of scrap has gone up and now would be a good time to get it down the kna-kers yard ??? HOLLY :f2: :D :Grumpgramp:

"Begging To Buy It" Yep i sure was . the price of scrap has gone up and now would be a good time to get it down the kna-kers yard ??? HOLLY :f2: :D :Grumpgramp:

are your gc2s looking for company down there then?? :abiggrin:

Guest sportsmatch

Stuart leave the GC2 alone it used to be my action :qq:

Holly I used to wash the premiers the re-oil with napiers gun oil.

see that you just got a stock for a 97/77 I just got a CS800 with slighty deeper forend for my VMAC 97

Gary

Hi Up gary . there was no problem till i upped the power above 800 . it grouped fine . so it may well be the lube . i find with the GC2s that because they use a lot of air ,resonance of the barrel does come into it in some cases , specially if it has a fine barrel . i am gonna try em dry next . i do like running dry pellets if poss cos that takes a variable out of the equation . gonna wash the prems out and use the exacts out the tin . drop the speed down to 785 and see what happens ?

Stuart , the GC2 is for the more discerning shooter . not your old crack and thump mob who frequent the daystate range :abiggrin::doh::f2::Grumpgramp:

PS gary . yes i am a sucker for a good stock and a scruffy action . i dunno why . i just am . a contradiction in terms ?

i tried to get hold of custom stocks but there e-mails kept bouncing back .

Edited by holly

got any pics gary?

Oh Oh . the tackle tart is on the trail ??? HOLLY