Sign in to follow this  
Pars

280 Meter / 306 yards Long Range Shooting

pars

are you the guy shooting or filming? im a little confused.

the loud noise of the pellet hitting the backstop (i assume thats what the noise is?) would suggest that the camera is VERY close to the target. Surely the cameraman (zooming in and out) is not so stupid as to stand that close when the shooter is 280m away?

Or, is the noise the gun itself? In which case i dont see how you could zoom in 280m to get the camera shots?

I shoot 6mmBR at 200m, and i feel like i need more proof that your airgun, FAC or not, could reach 280m with the accuracy of a garage door, let alone a small target. Could we see a shot of the rifle? The scope will be angled forward a ridiculous amount to get the POA out to 280m

Frazzle

Some air rifles are set at .22rf levels (though i think the exersize pointless personally) and you can shoot 200yds with moderate accuraccy with them on targets only of course! Perhaps we should give him the benifit of doubt, it sounds unlikely and i fail to see why you would want to but neither can i see a reason to lie about it. 200yds ain't hardly steching a 6mm BR Frazzle you want to get it a lot further than that to realy test it's metal m8 :D

Some air rifles are set at .22rf levels (though i think the exersize pointless personally) and you can shoot 200yds with moderate accuraccy with them on targets only of course! Perhaps we should give him the benifit of doubt, it sounds unlikely and i fail to see why you would want to but neither can i see a reason to lie about it. 200yds ain't hardly steching a 6mm BR Frazzle you want to get it a lot further than that to realy test it's metal m8 :D

Kent

i didnt really explain my point did i lol. I was merely stating the 6mmBR as most shooters dont actually ever get to fire at anyhitng like 200m, let alone more. My 6mmBR runs comps from 100m, to 800m (max range i have local) and your right, they hold several world records at 1000m too.

22LR at 200m is defo doable, but at these dizzy ranges every extra 10m is monumental, and this video is apparently shot at 280m where quite frankly even a 22lr has huge issues staying on course. If you have a wind of just 1 or 2 mph, it would blow even a heavyweight pellet of track by 20inches or more. Your right that i dont see why this guy or any other web poster would lie, but they just do (not suggesting THIS guy is...at present).

I tried to see if any of my 3 ballistic progs would give me the drop on the pellet, all 3 crashed out saying that the velocity at that range would be too low!!!

I would just like to see a little more proof as if he REALLY can hit that target with any regularity, he is pushing his airgun beyond just about anyone else!!!

frazzle

Yeah, glad to know your pushing the BR to worthwhile ranges. I do know what you mean i calculated max fall out ranges for using my FAC rapid to knock stuff out of trees and got only 350-400yds with less than 1/2 ft lb energy when it finaly hit the deck running at 24-30ftlb. There are some who set stuff up at very silly levels though. As you know if you shoot to 800yds wind can be managed i once got sub 12" with my 308win at 1000yds at Diggle when it was really howling "yeah i admit i did howl a bit too!"

Sory for late reply,

Pellet is 30 grain Wasp Magnum, BC=0.083

Muzzle velocity 985-990 fps...

280m.png

if you have a good pcp like AA or daystate and 60 fpe or more, you can do this...

Wasp bullet, keep energy on fantastic long ranges...

as you can see in chairgun chart

i'm the shooter, my friend filming and he's approx 20 meters away from target...

Edited by Pars

Sory for late reply,

Pellet is 30 grain Wasp Magnum, BC=0.083

Muzzle velocity 985-990 fps...

280m.png

if you have a good pcp like AA or daystate and 60 fpe or more, you can do this...

Wasp bullet, keep energy on fantastic long ranges...

as you can see in chairgun chart

i'm the shooter, my friend filming and he's approx 20 meters away from target...

Pars

my hat off to you m8, you have done very well.

I assume there was no wind on that day? And was the distance measured out, or maybe a laser rangefinder?

Thats about the longest range i have seen an airgun used!!!

Frazzle

Pars

my hat off to you m8, you have done very well.

I assume there was no wind on that day? And was the distance measured out, or maybe a laser rangefinder?

Thats about the longest range i have seen an airgun used!!!

Frazzle

Frazzle,

yes, that day no wind... i measured with google earth....

this is real shoots, no fake, no edit, god knows....

thanks for your reply

thanks for your trust...