Sign in to follow this  
Guest celticroots

Airarms alfapro or Walther LP200 pistol?

Guest celticroots

I am in the process of getting a new airpistol for 10m target shooting and the choices are

1. Airarms alfapro PCP Pistol around 430euro

2. Secondhand Walther LP200 (300psi) in excellent brand new condition 490euro

I have been shooting a Drulov condor 5shot CO2 pistol but I am now only getting 40shots per CO2 cartridge and is making a sound like a rasberry to put it politely and I need to invest.

Can someone help me with the choice.

Thanks,

Tony

I'd go for the Walther.

The Air Arms pistol is well overpriced and only has ambi grips on it, and only gives about 80 shots per charge.

The Walther will hold it's value better, and is a better class of pistol all round.

Your Drulov might only need a new seal or a service.

Edited by garry71

Guest celticroots

Thanks,

Anyway if I go with the walther I save myself a 4 hr return trip to Brno from Vienna where I live. It is basically new and the seller is a Walther Service centre so even though it has no guarantee, service should be easier.

Regarding the Drulov. I changed the seal on the main CO2 cap and the other smaller one behind a small return spring and ball bearing. Part of the problem is that the cap now seems to tighten farther than it did which means the grip is now stopping me tighten the cap as far as it could go. I dont know why this happened.

The other thing could be that the small return spring has lost tension and is not closing the valve to the CO2 tank fast enough hence the rasberry effect. Where can I get this spring from?.

The Drulov has lost my confidence and my shooting is suffering because of it.

Tony

Easy choice, Walther.

They are just not in the same league.

Allthough I LOVE my Tau 7's, I dó know they're not the same quality as morini, steyr etc.

I dó prefer the Tau 7's above my other pistols though!;)

Alfa is basically a czech design, for CO2, and rebuilt to air by AA.

Tsjech are not very known for their finish quality and reliability though. Allthough they are great shooters.

50% of my Tau's I had new leaked from new. As did my new Aeron (which also had reg problems from new).

My steyr is from 1996 and still shoots with its original seals without a problem!

Pyramidair blog had an interesting test on the Alfa. Allthough it ís regged, in that blog it has LARGE fps spread (80/100fps over a fill). Might be faulty reg, might be a too small reservoir for a reg to function well.(grip reservoir!)Also, it has a basic grip, non adjustable. Sightline isnt adjustable, velocity isnt adjustable, rear sight width is limited. For me, Tau balance is better. Being alu, its quit light, but the barrelweight is too heavy..And 90 shots isnt that much..If it leaks a tiny bit, its not enough for a match. If you stíll want an Alfa pistol, buy the CO2 version. Much better value imo! I own the CO2 version.:) If you stíll want the air Alfa, buy it in tsjech directly, MUCH cheaper!

Edited by yana

Easy question...Walther anyday of the week,just the quality of a Walther made product speaks volumes.

Yana,is the Rohm Twinmaster Sport better than the Alfa?...thinking it might be a better alternative without paying much extra?

Edited by ikarma70

Its probably in the same league, allthough I havent shot it.

The Tau 7 is in the same league as well. The Alfa has another things, its véry light imo. (its alu). Very difficult to hold still compared to the Tau etc. The barrelweight with it is too heavy to mount up front, its a rifle weight (166grms!!). At the back it seems good though.

Might be best just to service yr Drulov.