• Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
Sign in to follow this  
holly

CLASSIC FT .

Gents i reckon it is about time that the older and bolder rifles were brought out of the cupboard and got some use . time the collectors were de-bagged and made to shoot their hallowed pieces . the myth that the latest rifles are the greatest should be shown up for what it is . how can this come about ? simple . the BFTA can introduce a classic class into the GPs . possibly rifles before the year of 1990 . ideas gents . it will bring more bums onto more seats at shoots i reckon . whaddahyah think ??? HOLLY :Grumpgramp:

I am a big fan of PCP's and have been a bit critical about springers lately, which I shouldn't have been!!

But that is such a good idea, that it seems like a good excuse to get a blast from my past just to shoot in the comps :)

Just creating something for which a few people might shoot, hardly a competition.

How could you prove it was pre 1990?

Very few guns have date marks but dare say records might be kept.

And what is SFT then ? hardly a competition . not exactly thousands in it . but it is still in the GPs . guns need not be made before 1990 . just brought out before then . as a small list . GC2 . shamal . NJR . TM . DAYSTATE huntsman . RIPPERS . ( but cannot remember which ones ) that is a small list . you could take it up to the MK1 RN10 forinstance . does not have to be to hard and fast ??? HOLLY

PS if just 5 people shot it at each GP . that would be 5 more bums on 5 more seats .

Edited by holly

I`m already entered lol

We dont need our own class Holly, its more fun betaing "modern" guns in the same class of shooter as ones self. That for me is A class, you AA. My aim is just to stay in A at Bfta level.

So lets looking forward to taking some scalps with the older guns as they are in 2010.

In your own words no good moving the goal posts "possibly rifles before the year of 1990" So now its up to and including 1995.

SFT 6 did more than 6 shoots, AA around 37.

Not knocking it but its still creating a class for nothing, need to draw the line some where, else we would have a class for every single shooter that will win a prize.

Up to 2005 i did use a 1993 hand made one off rifle, the question that would need to be asked is would people travel 300 to 400 miles round trip and shoot their older less preferred guns. I dont see any one wishing to do that except yourself but a different matter if its the only gun a shooter has.

What about a classic gun section at the Masters? If you made it say no more than 20 or 30 targets then there would be time to shoot both, open and classic.

Excellent idea.Shame i've got rid of my old Daystate Huntsman years ago,i would've been up for that.May look out for an oldie if it becomes popular,maybe an Airmasters 77

Edited by springboy

I'm a shooter not a rule maker . but i can see the chance to get more people shooting . now that has gotta be a good idea . the people with the brains can come up with a formulae i'm sure . i do not think that most people will travel a long way to shoot there old rifles . BUT there are quite a lot of people in the areas that the GPs cover who have old rifles and would turn out localy to shoot them for a big occasion . as for prizes . no i don't think they are needed . just a class so that the lads and lasses who shoot em can have a laugh comparing the scores over a cup of tea . as for me i am gonna kick ass with my GC2 this year . as long as i can really sort it before the season starts . plus get my Comp X back . barring that i have my Shamal . now with an olympic trigger on board . so i am looking forward to a classic year whatever . ??? HOLLY :Grumpgramp:

PS stan . there are plenty of old daystates down the scrap yard . heh heh heh

Edited by holly

i do not think that most people will travel a long way to shoot there old rifles .

Cant think why not lol

Anyway, when you score less that 35 with the shammal, will you sell me your trigger as its going to waste and could be at a good home!

Have to say i can not consider it "Classic" unless using a scope of lower mag, 6-20 as with the classic times? 1990 era for me.

Edited by Piemanlarger

I'm not into competition shooting but I reckon it's a very good idea,would be nice to see the old methods back in action.

good to show the youngsters how it was done 20+ years ago with low mag scopes with the 30/30 ret and using holdover/under. :)

whats the betting that most competitors turn up with hw77 mk2's? :D

Edited by ikarma70

Piemanlarger . there is only one thing better than one OLYMPIC trigger . that is TWO olympic triggers . and if i get my mitts on this welham compact . that is exactly what i will have . but to be fair . probably not . this scheme would take minimal org . just collated in the stats and a mention in big steves results . scopes . nah MK4s gotta be them . what would nick say otherwise . and think . nick might dig his NJR out and kick everybodys ass ??? HOLLY :Grumpgramp:

Pie man . that is a thought . nick might have a olympic trigger under his bed or somewhere .

It is an age thing roger . i think i am catching you up ??? HOLLY

Edited by holly

Pie man . that is a thought . nick might have a olympic trigger under his bed or somewhere .

Its getting hold of him though!

Leave a message on his answer phone . he will get back to you if he has something ? all i ever got was his wife . luck . HOLLY PS mention MONEY . IE i will pay a good price for ?

Lol, a bit of a running joke there.... If you want Sir Nick to answer your call, start with "Hi Nick, I'm looking to buy ****" :abiggrin:

True . if you talk to his wife . she repeats it aloud and if he likes the sound of it . he comes over to the phone . or not ??? HOLLY

Hols, how about putting a classic team into the constructors?

Ok, so it's not a class per se, but you will have your own records of how the 8 of you did, you can always sort out a prize yourselves, and seeing it as a team might attract more shooters... obviously it's unlikely you'll win, but then that's not the point of doing it in the first place...

Have we got 8 people who will do at least 6 GPs i wonder ? any takers gents ??? HOLLY

Have we got 8 people who will do at least 6 GPs i wonder ? any takers gents ??? HOLLY

so far can only make 4 rounds this season :angry:

That may change but its unlikley.

This is the problem i think . only a few shooters would do a series with a old rifle . but locally i think the shooters would turn out . ??? HOLLY

if you build it, they will come hols....

you can have 8, 4 to count on the day :)

Remember Hols, there's Roger with his springer, you, simon... thats 3 off the top of my head.

Remember Hols, there's Roger with his springer, you, simon... thats 3 off the top of my head.

ah but Roger can shoot, dont think he would want to be seen with me and Holly, come to that dont think i want to be seen with .....!

Anyway, there was another Njr and a Tm doing Gp rounds last year?

Getting enough to make a series will be a problem, that's why I'm suggesting initially a single event. If that proves to be popular enough to expand it into a series, that's fine, and you can trawl for commitment from the players at that time.

A one off classic event could be the answer.

Possibly with both a Ft and Hft course?

Guns must be 12+ years old? Not sure if it would be easier to list guns not allowed /allowed?.

Later in the summer, dates allowing? Give people time to sort it out?

perhaps you could run it along side another event, say something like the bisley classic, or perhaps the masters or champs (can't remember which is less well attended)

whatever... sure it would be quite well thought of, think there's quite a few that would like to dust off some old gear now and then.

Yes, just make it a modest course, it doesn't need to be 50 targets, half that would do, and let's say nothing over 50 yards as in the old days we didn't have 55 yarders to contend with.

There won't be that great a number taking part so you could even have say three or four targets per lane if space was tight. You won't need lots of firing positions concurrently.

Main specific rules:

rifle must not be a current model

scope must not be a current model

Those are easy rules to understand and monitor.

If you start to add Formula 1 homologation type rules the idea will be dead in the water, too complicated.

The old courses were 25 and 5 . . twenty five full sized kills and five mini kills . but here is the rub . the minis were at any distance out to 55 yards . now that stirs the bowels nicely i can tell you ??? HOLLY PS piemanlarger . the NJR is john chopin .