• Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
Sign in to follow this  
holly

CLASSIC FT .

and on any given sunday 48 would have been good enough for a win... except Ozzy decided that he was going to make history and cleared it.

Yep rob and my 46 was not even enough to qualify .lost out on count back . but it was a superb day . the old GC2 just kept rocking up the targets . it was only me that was at fault . but that is the thing with the GC2 . it takes a lot of shooter imput to make it work properly BUT the satisfaction is double . nay treble what you get with a modern rifle . should get a sunshade this sat for the custom shop . as kilty says he has one for sale . so i will have a serious go at setting it up on the GC2 the weekend after . if it works i will use it as i want to make the point ??? HOLLY PS weird innit . you are going up scope wise and i am going down .

Well sad to say the shop did not work out . did all the ranges in ink on the sidwheel at springfields zero range today . then did the lifts .all seemed well .but when i went back to the ranges again to confirm them before i put them on permenently . i could only make 50 and 55 yards the same distance . went on to the course and tried again . nope still the same distance . i can only imagine that it is my eyes getting tired . when i started it was fine with at least a quarter on an inch gap between 50 and 55 yards . as if that was not bad enough the cocking mech on the GC2 started to get harder and harder to cock . not good . i must admit i was tempted to stick the rifle back in the cupboard again .but the thought of the pie man laughing stiffened my resolve . got home tonight and got the remains of old 113 out of the box . i did this with some trepidation , cos 113 is the most accurate rifle i have ever shot . but also the most unreliable . back together it went . MK 4 on top and tomorrow we will see . here we go again ??? HOLLY :Grumpgramp:

well old 113 shot the whole of today without a falter . but did not shoot as well with the exacts as the mozzies . so next week i will set it up with mozzies at 810 . check it out then go on sunday to kick some ass in our showdown . should be like taking candy from a baby ??? HOLLY

Personally i want to see classic rifles used in FT proper . IE the GPs . nothing fancy , just wanna prove to people that you do not have to spend a fortune and have the latest thing to do well in comps . rules , yes you obviously need em . but not to stringent . for instance . any rifle and scope up to 1995 . i think that covers most of the classic rifles and scopes . K.I.S.S. says the army . "keep it simple stupid" not a bad idea . but perhaps a club will take it up ??? HOLLY

PS i like the idea of 40 targets . cos it gives people a good day's shooting . and of course 40 mil targets . cos that is what most clubs have nowadays .

I have skim read the previous postings and agree with Holly, I see it as an event to run alongside the GP events and would probably enter it instead of the springer class next year if it were run.

Rules:

2 seperate classes PCP and Piston

Piston rifles:

tx200

HW77

HW80

HW35

FWB sport

Diana / Original

Webley Omega, etc

Not sure where the following would fit in:

Whiscombe

Laiser 12

Parker Hale Dragon

Titan Mohawk

Daystate Sporstman

Park

Airlogic Genesis

PCP rifles

Shamal

100 series

MDS

Huntsman

GC2

Daystate CR94

Galway Fieldmaster

Titan series

Scope wise max 18 mag scope

Bushnell Banner

Hertel&Rheuss

Tasco AG

Swarovski/Habicht

Kassnar

etc etc

The Classic Ft shooter would shoot second behind an SFT shooter if on same lane so no advantage gained by following FT shooters.

Have a group of 3 shooters who can add to the list of accpeptable equipment, this is decided close season via the internet.

Just a few rough ideas as to rules. Have it run as a demonstrator comp for 2 years as we did for the spring gun series and if enough people enter to keep the class going after that then include it until number of people entering is less than costs.

What do you think?

regards,

Matt

well for one , i like it . anything that gets em out and shooting is i think good ??? HOLLY

OK, one very simple rule. This particular model of rifle must have been discontinued 5 years ago. Is that any better? It allows all the old 100 series Air Arms, the Daystate CRX series, FWB springers, sadly leaves out the HW77 (sorry Herxx) unless there has been a change in mark number. Don't know enough about Ripleys etc to comment.

Any scope you like.

On that specification my HW77 of circa 1983 can't be used but my GC2 of 1990 can :Wheeze: strange very strange.

HERX77 .

One thing that sprange to mind was on the rifles up to the 'spring airgun championship of 1990' there was no parallex range finding, only coming into its own after this date?

How does this fit into the formulea. :D .

HERX77

I have skim read the previous postings and agree with Holly, I see it as an event to run alongside the GP events and would probably enter it instead of the springer class next year if it were run.

Rules:

2 seperate classes PCP and Piston

Piston rifles:

HW77

HW80

HW35

FWB sport

Diana / Original

Webley Omega, etc

Not sure where the following would fit in:

Whiscombe

Laiser 12

Parker Hale Dragon

Titan Mohawk

Daystate Sporstman

Park

Airlogic Genesis

PCP rifles

Shamal

100 series

MDS

Huntsman

GC2

Daystate 2000

Galway Fieldmaster

Titan series

Scope wise max 18 mag scope

Bushnell Banner

Hertel&Rheuss

Tasco AG

Swarovski/Habicht

Kassnar

etc etc

This sums up what i would call 'Classic FT' Kit.

Nothing newer than about 1991/2.

Regards

Daz

I like 1990 with any scope you so chose ??? HOLLY