Sign in to follow this  
draco

EV2 MK4 in poplar wood stock

I am currently in posession (on test), of an ev2 mk4 with a poplar wood stock and have been asked to get comments and thoughts to pass on to bill sanders and if there is enough interest, then it will go into production.

the wood is lighter than the standard laminate, and could be colour matched to each rifle.

i will have it at rivingtons ground sunday 20th and at anstons on the 27th if anyone wants to see it in the flesh :)

post-10535-1276711577_thumb.jpg

A useful bit of feed back would be longer adjustment travel in the cheek and hamster rail. Stock pins are way too short. As would adjustment to the Palm shelf. not everyone who uses an EV2 is a midgit.

How much stronger is the stock across the hand grip area. I've seen the laminate ones break in that area, admittedly when accidently knocked over, but it is a weak point in the flow of the laminate layers.

Are there any paint scheme plans? Pearlescent fleck, St. George cross, Pictures of the wife etc etc. :D :D

Guest raygun

If anyone wants to have a look at Dave's rifle at Rivi the directions can be found to the ground in the Rivi link in my sig.

ATB

Ray.

The pistol grip area is strengthened by an internal steel rod to prevent such incidents. The latest EVs all come with a palm shelf spacer to increase the depth for larger hands.

I will pass on the adjustment concerns you mention.

As for colour schemes we want peoples' opinions on what you would like to see.

Also the poplar stock is lighter than the laminate version by almost 14 oz

I think a if these are being made in small numbers - it would be a real bonus if you could cater for left handers?? it may be worth thinking about.

I'm surprised they don't just take the plunge and ditch that stock in favour of getting one designed for FT by someone who shoots FT.

The stock was originally designed as a 10m stock for the RN10 and got cobbled around for the EV - time for a clean slate.