Sign in to follow this  
sg1

Started to resolve my partners open groupings

She has been having trouble with her groupings in L.S.R 20 yard comp lately and I was having hard time convincing her it was 'her' and NOT the rifle/pellets (touchy area this) . I decided she need a 'visual' explanation on what was happening so I attached a laser sight to her rifle and got her to hold it in her 'shooting position' on target!!

It was like the dance of the fireflies :0 with that litt'l red spot moving up,down.left.up round etc and she finally realised that a little movement of 5-10mm at firing point can translate to 3-4 inches at target!!

She has now slowed down her breathing , been taking her time between shots (even if others are waiting to go downrange) and been extending her 'follow through' time after each shot.

Hopefully now she'll be doing much better and although it's not very encouraging to go back to basics- sometimes it helps to discover where someone is going wrong. :thumb:

ATVB

sg1

Laser sights can be so useful!

We have a Daystate Harrier that always needed to be re-zeroed. The rifle is set up for my boys to use so I fitted a laser so I could see exactly where they were aiming and advise if needed. What we discovered was that if we looked through the scope and adjusted the parallax, the laser dot appeared to move around all over the place compared to the cross hair. And didn't go back to zero even when the parallax was returned to the starting position. Duff scope. Got a cheap replacement and it holds zero perfectly, but I have noted that this one moves when the mag is changed - only slightly but it is repeatable so it stays on zero as long as the mag is returned to the starting position.

Very useful things lasers!