AirGunForum
  • Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
    • J-B

Upgrade   01/16/2018

Well it took me longer than expected and it was a bumpy road, but the forum is now upgraded to the latest version. The previous skin will no longer work with this new version, but I will check to see if there is a similar one for this version. Enjoy and if you encounter any problem just report it.
Sign in to follow this  
Gambo

Castleton Air Rifle Club, nt Cardiff/Newport

Castleton Air Rifle Club (C.A.R.C) is situated just off the A48 between Cardiff and Newport, in the Village Hall at Castleton.

The club meets every Monday night at about 7.30pm (but we start setting up about 7-ish).

The only Mondays the club is not open is on bank holidays.

Although the club is run as a non-profit making venture, there is a small "subs" charge made, to cover the cost of hiring the hall, buy targets etc.

The range is indoors, so bad weather is not an issue.

There are 9 shooting positions, to allow You to fire at knockdown targets, paper targets, tin cans, empty shotgun cartridges etc (These positions are run on a rotational basis when the club is busy).

It is all very informal, although safety is given paramount attention at all times.

The emphasis is on fun, rather than competition, though we do hold fun competitions with a running Deer target from time to time. It is on a knockout basis, and cash prizes are awarded to both the overall winner, and the highest score of the night.......great fun!!

The shooting is only part of the benefit of the club though, as we sell discounted pellets, Co2, cleaning kits, gun cases, oils and silicone cloths, targets, etc etc in the tea break.

Tea, coffee, cold cans, sweets and biscuits are available too.

We also hold raffles a few times a year, with prizes of Rifles, pistols, scopes, gun cases or whatever.....well worth winning!!!!

Along with all the aforementioned, the best aspect of the club is the social side of it.

It is great to be amongst other shooters with similar interests, and the knowledge and advice that is gladly given is priceless.

If You are needing a spare part, then there is a good chance that someone will have one buried away somewhere.

Even shooting permissions are shared between club members....like I said, the benefits of attending the club are many-fold.

Although it is called a Rifle club, pistols are welcome too.

In-fact, any airgun is allowed, as long as it conforms to the sub 12ftlb law for rifles, and the sub 6ftlbs law for pistols. A chrono is available for power testing.

The only airguns that are not allowed are BB guns, due to the danger of ricochets.

So, if You are at a loose end on a Monday night, and fancy coming along, then You will be made more than welcome.

Edited by Gambo

unless Pats sanctioned shooting inside the caravan I dont think this is Castleton FTC Simon?

Hi

After many years I have just bought myself a Webley Eclipse .22. Your club sounds a perfect place for me to get back into the sport.

With your permission I would love to come and join you soon. Due to work commitments I do not know if I can make every week but would love to get involved.

I am living in Chepstow so it's only down the road for me, sounds great.

Hope to see you all soon,

Atb

Mark

is the the Pat Issacs Castleton Ft club??
No Pieman, this one is inside Castleton Village Hall.

The FT club that Pat Issacs runs is in a field just off Tyla Lane, on the A48.

That club is considered locally to be a very serious, pure FT club, but the one in the hall is geared more towards enjoying the fun and social aspect of airgunning.

hth, Gareth.

Your club sounds fantastic, Gambo, unfortunately for me a touch too far for a run out on a Monday evening.

I like the sound of the informal "fun" atmosphere.

May it go from strength to strength.

That club is considered locally to be a very serious, pure FT club, hth, Gareth.

Lol, must be two castleton ft clubs then :baa:

hi just joined this site and found your club, can you tell me the name of the road the village hall is on ples , i no the mashfield village hall but dont no if thats the right one so ples can you let me no the name of the street thanks alan