Sign in to follow this  
mad mike

Re.Melbourne R.B.L. Marksmen (Belltarget) Club.

I'm not surprised. You do alright with that old Walther when I'm not distracting you.

:escape:

Missing your dry sence of humour O mighty wheeler.... :ninja:

Right....been challenged by some proper shooters ...so need all the bestest shooters to attend this week to uphold the dignaty of the Marksmen.. :wacko: .this is what we have been training for this last year... :uhh: .

Anyone with items to sell/trade between members please feel free to bring them along also...extra puddin provided.. :thumb:

Don't much like the sound of these "proper shooters".

They may take it seriously and "do stuff", like practising or adjusting sights!

Yes O "pretty one"...they are...snipers...bring your bi-focals... :uhh:

Yes O "pretty one"...they are...snipers...bring your bi-focals... :uhh:

PRETTY ONE! PRETTY ONE! Try specsavers Chris. barf.gif

Never mind the competition, the collectors are gonna want a look at what I'm bringing along..... and it will be for sale. And it's in a box.

PRETTY ONE! PRETTY ONE! Try specsavers Chris. barf.gif

No wonder he can't ring that bl**dy bell!

Never mind the competition, the collectors are gonna want a look at what I'm bringing along..... and it will be for sale. And it's in a box.

I do hope it's not something deceased :0

Now i'm scared... :escape: ...hope for a good turnout to take on the rebels from Sutton Coldfield... :thumb:

Many thanks to the guys (& girls!) who turned out to take on the might of....Sutton Coldfield..& a big thank you to them for making the effort to visit us... :thumb:

HELP GUYS!

Freezer space needed.

I am happy to donate a Muntjac venison carcase to roast on a spit for the club barbecue 30th. June.

There are two problems here. Firstly, I cannot guarantee to shoot a Munty in the last week of June.

Secondly, I have carcases available now, one of which can be available, but I do not have freezer space for a whole carcase as our freezer is an upright with shelves. What I need is someone with a large chest freezer with a small space about 8" x 12" x 36" who can keep a carcase until June.

If anyone can help please contact either myself or Chris. I need to know within about 2 days or the present carcases will be butchered and gone.

Regards, Shinny.

HELP GUYS!

Freezer space needed.

I am happy to donate a Muntjac venison carcase to roast on a spit for the club barbecue 30th. June.

There are two problems here. Firstly, I cannot guarantee to shoot a Munty in the last week of June.

Secondly, I have carcases available now, one of which can be available, but I do not have freezer space for a whole carcase as our freezer is an upright with shelves. What I need is someone with a large chest freezer with a small space about 8" x 12" x 36" who can keep a carcase until June.

If anyone can help please contact either myself or Chris. I need to know within about 2 days or the present carcases will be butchered and gone.

Regards, Shinny.

Shinny I have an empty freezer. Not been used for year or so. Size is 18X18X20 inches. I have just switched it on will know if it's working tomorrow. If it suits you are welcome to bring the animal.

regards Peter.

Peter, thank you very much. We may have to fit it diagonally but we will give it a go. Let me know if working as soon as feasible and I will skin the beast. John.

Hmmm.....sounds yummy. :banana:

Any members or indeed future members are welcome to the club's annual BBQ on Sat.30th June.We are having a field target type shoot,distance target,fun shoot & a rather unusual "shoot" that WON'T be mentioned on here.. :shakehead:..so will be a suprise for anyone turning up..!!

As the previous post states there will be a bonfire & BBQ & spit roast if we can find a freezer to accommodate that deer... :beg: ..the land owner has also advised we can stay overnight if your old bones can take it...all details are available from the club.

We have some places left available to join us Bellringers...@ £15 a year & £1.50 a night (Thurs)..we shoot any .177 airgun from pre 1900's to modern day...all in the comfort of the function room at Melbourne R.B. Legion..members come from as far as..Loughborough,Ilkeston,Derby,Swadlincote,Long Eaton,Ashby del la Zouch,Rugby & Leicester....so come on down & give it a go.. :amen:

Fear not Chris the Munty is in my freezer. :clap:

Regards peter.

Get well soon young Scotty...there's a pint of the black stuff waiting for you on your return.. :thumb:

Now someone has to find a spike for it's bottom.

John

How long would the spike have to be??, we use half inch steel rod at work, I could 'borrow' a bit and post it to you (or anyone with an address!!)..

Jeez, I wish I lived forty miles south of sheffield :(

John

Edited by oneshot

John

How long would the spike have to be??, we use half inch steel rod at work, I could 'borrow' a bit and post it to you (or anyone with an address!!)..

Jeez, I wish I lived forty miles south of sheffield :(

John

That's a very kind offer John, but quite unnecessary as I work (very part-time these days) in engineering myself.

However, 'tis considered I've done "my bit" with the supply, and someone else is storing said carcase in their freezer as "his bit". Yet another member has "volunteered" (we think his arm will be OK) to rig up some kind of spit roast so everything is progressing nicely, thank you.

If you are available June 30th., why don't you come down to the barby yourself? I am sure you will be made most welcome. Best regards, John.

That's a very kind offer John, but quite unnecessary as I work (very part-time these days) in engineering myself.

However, 'tis considered I've done "my bit" with the supply, and someone else is storing said carcase in their freezer as "his bit". Yet another member has "volunteered" (we think his arm will be OK) to rig up some kind of spit roast so everything is progressing nicely, thank you.

If you are available June 30th., why don't you come down to the barby yourself? I am sure you will be made most welcome. Best regards, John.

Hi John

I'm going to make an effort to attend, it sounds fantastic!!

Cheers, John

I'd like to volunteer my stomach so it can do it's "bit" :dunno: .... :beg: ... :abiggrin:

I'd like to volunteer my stomach so it can do it's "bit" :dunno: .... :beg: ... :abiggrin:

It's a Muntjac, not a bl**dy Moose!!!!

It's a Muntjac, not a bl**dy Moose!!!!

Shinny that's cruel. Very true but cruel. :bump:

Another couple of airguns for sale/trade...they will be offered early doors..that's 7.30... :eek: ..first come first served.. :f2:

Thanks to all that turned out on what was a nasty night weather wise..well done to the winners of the "fairground shoot" :uhh: nice to see some new faces again..not many clubs where you have your cake & eat it.. :doh::rofl2:

.not many clubs where you have your cake & eat it.. :doh::rofl2:

And very tasty cake it was too, thanks Kim. eating-pie.gif

What were this week's prizes? And did the new fangled PCP's take top honours?

Good to see everyone,and get well soon Dunks.sick-fever.gif

And very tasty cake it was too, thanks Kim. eating-pie.gif

What were this week's prizes? And did the new fangled PCP's take top honours?

Good to see everyone,and get well soon Dunks.sick-fever.gif

By the time we got to dishing out the prizes most winners had legged it.. :escape: ..the pistol "fairground prize" remained unclaimed all night..allthough when taken down for my elevenses today it was found to have a .177 hole in it... :shakehead: ..me thinks the party girl had played a prank on us...so it was passed onto young Dunks with the proviso...eat at your own risk... :amen:

.the pistol "fairground prize" remained unclaimed all night..

Unsurprising given that you had used your extra special Kevlar line. :atounge: