AirGunForum
  • Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
    • J-B

Upgrade   01/16/2018

Well it took me longer than expected and it was a bumpy road, but the forum is now upgraded to the latest version. The previous skin will no longer work with this new version, but I will check to see if there is a similar one for this version. Enjoy and if you encounter any problem just report it.
Sign in to follow this  
mad mike

Re.Melbourne R.B.L. Marksmen (Belltarget) Club.

No worries Mick...there are other sections on the forum..one post involves you..did you miss that one?

Regarding whats been said above...sometimes poop happens...people do fall out...rather than sweep it under the table why not tell it as it is..warts & all....let the reader make their own minds up...not delete it...?

:cheers:

Edited by mad mike

Guest raygun

Could be a good idea to leave things where they now lie.

This thread could then get back to being a Melbourne Marksmen "Facility". I understand that people do take up "positions" and then feel they have to defend themselves but in respect to AGF members who are not MM members but read this, lets get back to normality.

I understand these things do happen from time to time at most clubs but perhaps now time to let this one lie (from all quarters).

ATB

Ray.

No worries Ray...we (Melbourne) do appreciate the facility this forum provides & as you suggest these things do happen in all clubs/societies/teams...as the person who started the thread 1000+ posts ago i'd hate to see it deleted as it is the only MM members ongoing thread anywhere.

If I can reiterate...we are a friendly club that's growing year in year out...we have members that regularly make a 30 mile round trip to visit us on a Thurs. night..if you have never visited us before please come see us...your first visit is free & you will be made more than welcome.The new Chairman is Paul Dunkley & he has a newly elected band of members to assist him.Dates for the vintage airgun Fayre's we run wil be announced on all forums when they are decided..as i'm still a committee member the only thing I can tell you is that we haven't even officially discussed it yet as with all the rush/activities leading up to Xmas we have just not had the time to sit down together...I look forwards to seeing all members & any visitors this Thurs & take this chance to remind you that annual subs £15 are due.

:cheers:

Here's an idea for anyone looking for things to do tween Xmas & the New Year....especially if you think you know anything about motorbikes... :lol2:

I know we have a few members that do...on Sun.28th at the Legion they are holding a motorbike quiz from 8pm onwards..£5 entry for a team of up to four people..a gallon of ale to the winners & monies raised to charity...details on the clubs facebook page.. :cheekkiss:

On different note...the Marksmen are given another mention in Jan's edition of the Airgun Shooter.....thanks to Nigel Allen & Blaze publishing. :sign_respect1:

On another note....it's amazing how many "guests" view this thread....come join the forum...why stay anonymous.. :Barfly:

Last Club night of the year tomorrow.

There will be ...

mince-pies.jpg

...Mince Pies! Yum.

Nice one Mr.Wheeler...be prepared for a stampede.. :Barfly:

Good turnout last night which was the last meet before Xmas/New Year....4...yes FOUR new faces....on the last night of 2014. :lol2:

Great atmosphere too...as you would expect..with thanks to Mr.Kipling for his pies..(cheers Nick)....& :sign_respect1: to our resident "chef" for the...peppermint fondant's...peanut brittle...& PORK SCRATCHINGS..... :Barfly:

On a personal note (& i'm sure the committee would also agree) i'd like to thank John W. (Baron/Pennineway) for his efforts over the last four years in firstly helping establish the club,set out all the policies & then diligently help run it week in week out...thanks John...enjoy your "rest".!

2014 was our most successful year so far...over £1,000 raised from two vintage airgun fayre's...multiple social gatherings..& more members than ever...thanks to everyone who contributed have a "MERRY CHRISTMAS" & see you all in the New Year...first meet is on thurs.8th Jan. :cheers:

Seconded, John's work has been fundamental to setting up the club and is much appreciated by all, along with all the other assistance and technical knowledge he's shared with just about every club member at some point.

Hope everyone has a good break and manages to overindulge with some style. See you all in the New Year ready to ring some bells...

... in the meantime Santa seems to left one of his little helpers at mine... early Christmas present?

post-31186-0-59991600-1419014103_thumb.jpg

Edited by 18 Wheeler

Many thanks fellas

Excellent club night last night. Perhaps we should have mince pies every week :beg: and our new Social Sec is spoiling us big time with his little delicacies.

Happy Xmas to all members (everything in moderation Nick, that little helper still has work to do).

My apologies for my non-attendance last night folks. I had been out working with the dog all day and, once showered and changed ready to come and play, promptly fell asleep for two hours!

Naturally, I will be back at Melbourne in the New Year (clutching my overdue subs).

May I also add my appreciation of John W's superb input and technical advice over the first few years of the club's existence. A true gentleman.

Happy Christmas Chaps!

... Perhaps we should have mince pies every week :beg:

...everything in moderation Nick, that little helper still has work to do).

Special order for the Baron...

237BA8D200000578-0-image-3_1416908011070

Christmas word association. Santa's little helper......stuffing.....

There'll be a nice new bell target to shoot in the New Year, first night being Thursday the 8th.

Happy Christmas all

christmas-tree-gifts.gifshaking-gift-smiley-emoticon.gif

Edited by 18 Wheeler

Ohhh that would go down nicely with a litre of ice cream... :beg:

I usually get a satsuma & bruised apple in my Xmas stocking Mr.Wheeler....you seem to have TWO stockings & both filled with..something much more tasty...it ain't fekin fair I tells ya... :soapbox:

Re.Shinny...I've been eating your share of sarnies for weeks...SLEEP ON GRANDAD.. :Barfly:

Happy New Year to all "the Marksmen".

I trust this year will be another good one for the club and members.

Brian Tonks has also taken on the responsibility of club Social Secretary, well done Brian, if you've got any "great ideas" then seek him out on a club night.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The details for the return match against Redhill Revolvers have now been confirmed, details below, please do try and attend, shooting and non-shooting members are welcome.

Time: Sunday 25th...7pm start for the competition, practice from 6.30 onwards.

Venue: The Queen Victoria, 76 High Street, Syston, Leicester. LE7 1GQ

Paul Clarke, RR's Competition Secretary, has provided the following information:

"You can either enter through the main entrance of the pub and walk through to the separate restaurant building at the back, or alternatively enter via the gates on the left hand side of the pub.

There is a car park situated on right hand side of the pub

We will of course be laying on food for the evening which I believe will be a cold buffet (sandwiches, crisps, porkpie etc)..."

The mention of "pie" should be enough to ensure a good turnout.

Pie is defiantly a draw :beg: ...unfortunately despite having the longest running club "blog" & having 30+ members no one visits here anymore...besides you & me it was Shinny 3 weeks ago....nod's off till the next post..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Another new member joined last night...nice piece in the local paper by Phil...&...HE'S BACK.....

The sandwich muncher himself... :Barfly: ..welcome back Len..one of the "founding members"...good health to you & yours for 2015...nice to chat with you.... :iagree:

Re. the match on the 25th....got to rule myself out i'm afraid..even with the offer of pie...mind you with the way I shot last time it's probably as well..:lol2:

Looks like we lost the 2'nd leg..can't quite understand the scoring from tother forum.....some MM members seem to have shot twice..?

Anyways...good luck to the Redhill mob...especially the young lad...Mich...top class.. :sign_respect1:

It's sad that this thread has lost members interest...just shows that certain members are not prepared to contribute...but still enjoy visiting the club & using it's facilities on Thurs. nights... :lol2:

The club is still thriving....new members welcome... :bump2:

Healthy New Year to all at MM and this Forum

Anyone still using this thread?

:beatdeadhorse:

I don't think any of the current MM regulars use this site at all.

What site (if any) do they use then..?

Dunno Chris. I see your name (s) crop uo in various places and odd times summat from Nick but never anything else I recognise as originating from any of the MM lads. Mostly they are pretty bad at communicating, even at the club some of 'em! 'Tain't the same, I tell ya,not at all.

Dunno Chris. I see your name (s) crop uo in various places and odd times summat from Nick but never anything else I recognise as originating from any of the MM lads. Mostly they are pretty bad at communicating, even at the club some of 'em! 'Tain't the same, I tell ya,not at all.

It would make sense for someone who is a committee member (or a representative) to post/promote the club on the forums when required...if only to keep interested parties up to date with what's occurring..it's just being polite.

Regarding not being the same..... :Caution: