Sign in to follow this  
holly

SEFTA winter league showdown shoot

This sunday justice will be done . dodgy john choppin and his equally dodgy cohorts from KW, will be sent packing by the Springfield A boys ( to smooth to move ) .OH YEAH .

And once we have finnished with the KW mob . we will set about the ETL upstarts ??? HOLLY :):thumb:

Pssssttttttt ,, someone ask Holly how he did .........

One of things Holly did was shoot the kneelers sitting :stupid:

One of things Holly did was shoot the kneelers sitting :stupid:

He's getting better though, at least he shot them in order, unlike at Kent!

Wasn't my fault , big paul had his fat ass infront of the kneeling sign ??? HOLLY

A big Well Done to john choppin for winning the showdown and the indivdual winter league . ??? HOLLY

hi holy you should have gone to specsavers :f2::wub:

Had a great day at ETL.Lovely weather and a good course as usual.Well done to John and Cameron for two superb wins.

hi holy you should have gone to specsavers :f2::wub:

And you should have gone to anshutz instead of whiscombe ??? HOLLY

Another lesson learnt . my shutz in it's bag i had propped up against the car . anyway it slid down the car and hit the ground . checked it out and it seemed all right . getting the minis so it could not be to far out could it . well yes it could ,. at the end of the showdown i checked it out . three clicks of windage i reckon .nothing to much i thought . but when you think about it a bit more . the ones i was missing were the long ones .those with a right to left wind . i was missing em to the left , even though my windage was pretty good . so why , simple really like pieman . as the distance doubles . so does the angle . if it was three clicks out at 25 yards . then at 50 yards it was 6 clicks out . ah well so much for thinking on your feet . another one for the book ??? HOLLY

Another lesson learnt . my shutz in it's bag i had propped up against the car . anyway it slid down the car and hit the ground . checked it out and it seemed all right . getting the minis so it could not be to far out could it . well yes it could ,. at the end of the showdown i checked it out . three clicks of windage i reckon .nothing to much i thought . but when you think about it a bit more . the ones i was missing were the long ones .those with a right to left wind . i was missing em to the left , even though my windage was pretty good . so why , simple really like pieman . as the distance doubles . so does the angle . if it was three clicks out at 25 yards . then at 50 yards it was 6 clicks out . ah well so much for thinking on your feet . another one for the book ??? HOLLY

That's your excuse

as the distance doubles . so does the angle . if it was three clicks out at 25 yards . then at 50 yards it was 6 clicks out

Erm, no Hols... because if it's 6 clicks out at 55, and 3 at 25, if you dial it 6 clicks back to zero at 55, you'll be 3 clicks out the other way at 25!

Look up another one :D

not unless he has cross-over Rob :0

You boys are not listening ? the scope was knocked . it was out to the left . the theory of a group says that if the error is three inches at 25 yards it will be 6 inches at 50 yards . the clicks bit were for example . i thought i was all right cos i got the close minis . but at that distance with no wind to speak of they kept in the kill . but at 50 yards with wind , they did not . keep up lads ??? HOLLY

Edited by holly

I say again, cross-over

He missed the targets.... and got knocked out of the Comp by Anne of Iceni marksmen.......

simples

But not as simple as you simon :) . crossover is when the mounts are out and the scope not central . my scope is central , but a knock made it out . three clicks made it right . no crossover ??? HOLLY PS Mind you it might come back in , in the weeks to come . so i will have to be carefull .

Edited by holly

You boys are not listening ? the scope was knocked . it was out to the left . the theory of a group says that if the error is three inches at 25 yards it will be 6 inches at 50 yards . the clicks bit were for example . i thought i was all right cos i got the close minis . but at that distance with no wind to speak of they kept in the kill . but at 50 yards with wind , they did not . keep up lads ??? HOLLY

By that token, at 12.5 yds you would still be out by 1.5 inches. . . . . . . . . . . . . how close were those minis?????

We are talking eights . three clicks is not a lot on eights . but i was missing on the left by a small amount . but the wind was quite low . so i am trying to figure out what is going wrong and thinking it must be more wind than i think . in the showdown a couple like that and you are gone and i was . end of ??? HOLLY

Yes hols, but a click at 25yds will move it twice as much at 50yds... that's how they work old chap :D

Whatever clicks correct it at 50 or 55yds will solve it closer in or further out, unless you have crossover, or unless you have wind affecting the shot.

At 25yrds you were out 3 clicks = 0.094 inches i.e. 2.4mm (Half a pellet width)

At 50yrds that equates to the same 3 clicks = 0.189 inches i.e. 4.8mm (A pellet width)

We are talking eights . three clicks is not a lot on eights . but i was missing on the left by a small amount . but the wind was quite low . so i am trying to figure out what is going wrong and thinking it must be more wind than i think . in the showdown a couple like that and you are gone and i was . end of ??? HOLLY

1 MOA = 1" near as damnit at 100yds

3/8 MOA = 3/8" or 9.3mm or at 100yds, 3/16" or 4.6mm at 50yds, 3/32" or 2.3 mm at 25yds

think it may have been the wind... unless you were just a pellet width (not pellet splat) out at 50yds, and splitting at 25...

Exactly rob . the theory of a group . as the range doubles so does the error . as i said earlier . but with a light wind . i was inside right edge . but with the error i was in fact shooting in the middle of the kill . not good enough . i missed just off the left edge . BUT i am thinking it is a dodgy wind i cannot see . so i kept on keeping on . as you do . end of story . i rezeroed . went back to the targets and got all of em multiple times .but there you go . ??? HOLLY

Edited by holly