Sign in to follow this  
71v12

Haenel Model 302

Hi, I am new to the forum and looking for some advice on my Haenel model 302 which I have owned from new. it was a birthday present when I was about 14 back in the 70's, and has sat in the garage for years. I reecently uncovered it, cleaned it up a bit, and to my amazement I have found it to work well.

It seems to have good range on it and I recall it was very accurate up to about 30-40 feet. Well it must be eyesight because the accuracy I recall in my childhood has gone! My first question is regarding telescopic sights, is there a known source of sights for this model or is it possible to fit any generic sight?

Also should I conduct and maintenace on the rifle such as cleanig the internal mechanism?

Are the old lead pellets I retained with the rifle stii good for general target shooting, or should I obtain other types of pellets?

Many thanks in advance for any help,

Kevin

Only just read your post Kev !! What did you do in the end? Did you take it apart? Mick.

if the pellets are undamaged(still shiny or grey-shiny, no dents, not crusty) I don't see why not.

wait.... that was 3 yrs ago.