Sign in to follow this  
holly

Round 6 SEFTA winter league .

Gents . round six of the SEFTAs winter league is to be held at ETL this sunday . here is a chance to see some of the best shots in the country in action . see the kit , talk to the shooters ( not while they are shooting ) ask opinnions on what they think is the best kit to use in FT . talk techniques . very good zeroing range at ETL and a decent hut to sit in and talk up a storm afterwards , with tea . gent's be there or be square ??? HOLLY :):thumb:

PS even paul is welcome .

Edited by holly

Gonna get a soggy -bottom- again ??? HOLLY :):qq::thumb:

If it goes like it did today , wind wise . we are in trouble ??? HOLLY

Managed to get some stability out of the reg today, over the chrono. I must be seeing temp related fluctuations, as it was bitterly chilly last weekend when power was all over the place.

Spent a hour or two getting the strong wind under control, :eek::eek: (and then had a go at the course). Every shot needed to be out of kill and most off the plate.

So ready for ETL in the morning, with a game plan in mind. Check the windage setting on the plink, wrap up warm, and be brave on every target. Then wish I'd gone to the pub instead :(

AL.

Gents . round six of the SEFTAs winter league is to be held at ETL this sunday . here is a chance to see some of the best shots in the country in action . see the kit , talk to the shooters ( not while they are shooting ) ask opinnions on what they think is the best kit to use in FT . talk techniques . very good zeroing range at ETL and a decent hut to sit in and talk up a storm afterwards , with tea . gent's be there or be square ??? HOLLY :):thumb:

PS even paul is welcome .

That means you Paul!!!

Course set up this morning, may tweak it a bit on the set up if its very windy.......... just hope it does not rain...

Well now that was a weird windy day . zero range was nothing up to a foot , depending . course did my head in . i got most of the hard shots . IE strong wind . but the ones that got me were mostly in the deep woods . ah well , anyway well done to dan eley and ( lucky ) Alex boddy for there 37s . it rather looks i believe that Springfield A have extended there lead as the top team , thanks to dastardly dave croucher and his maginicent 24 . ??? HOLLY

PS don't worry dave , we will put the bung in at the end . :)

If when looking at the results later on , you wonder where john choppin was ? he was at a meeting of the dodgy kneelers society ??? HOLLY :):qq::thumb:

well at least it didn't rain.............

The best bit of the day was when sy-co got caught out be that swineing 30 yard 15 mil kill on top of the ridge . what's good about that you ask ? he put the -covered in gore- thing there ??? HOLLY

Cheers Keith, good shooting round today. A tie was probably a fair result.

Barry

Yeah I agree.

I thought I was on for a good one today, had such a good start an all.

It was a very tricky day though. I can honestly say that every one that I missed was a proper miss due to tricky conditions, none were silly mistakes.

So a hard earned 33 I think.

Thanks to Simon and the ETL crew. Interesting and challenging course for round Six. And then there was the wind. :(

Excuses.....Where do you start? One lane blew it all, but a massive thumbs up to the good woman who nailed them both, where as I double dinked.

Long way to go yet. As to round Seven at Hamstreet. BRING IT ON :):)

Al.

Did I mention my dodgy reg????

Al

Err.just a couple of times :) Nice shooting Alex well done.Now just take a few tips from your better half on how to hit targets 39 & 40. :abiggrin:

Thanks to all those involved.As usual a very good course,just a shame i didn't hit more of them (8l00dy wind).See you all at round 7 at Kent Woodsmen where Mr Croucher can show us how it's really done on home ground. :0 Edited by springboy

The best bit of the day was when sy-co got caught out be that swineing 30 yard 15 mil kill on top of the ridge . what's good about that you ask ? he put the -covered in gore- thing there ??? HOLLY

possibly the reason you missed it................ it was 20 yds my rotund friend

Ah but i did not miss it ? i missed the longun . the wind drove the pellet down onto the target lip . but to be fair i lucked the mini oh slim one ??? HOLLY :):qq::thumb:

Ah but i did not miss it ? i missed the longun . the wind drove the pellet down onto the target lip . but to be fair i lucked the mini oh slim one ??? HOLLY :):qq::thumb:

I hit the 48yd er, but i noticed it did the same thing as you have mentioned ..... i hit about 5mm above 6 o'clock (v lucky) ........ the wind today was very difficult to read........

Cleared the hard bit out the back near the pylon....double dinked a kneeler......and missed a 20 yd stander......... so a mixed day

Did I mention my dodgy reg????

Al

For a moment there Al I thought you had a doggy called reg?.................. anyway good shooting today over a difficult course

I hit the 48yd er, but i noticed it did the same thing as you have mentioned ..... i hit about 5mm above 6 o'clock (v lucky) ........ the wind today was very difficult to read........

Cleared the hard bit out the back near the pylon....double dinked a kneeler......and missed a 20 yd stander......... so a mixed day

It was only steve carter that stopped me shooting lane one sitting ? by that time my head had gone smewhere else . somewhere warm with beaches . cold drinks , sunshades on the beach . ah well we can dream ??? HOLLY :):qq::thumb:

I do believe I've sneaked above the Hollymeister in the League...........

:)

I do believe I've sneaked above the Hollymeister in the League...........

:)

You always was a sneakey booger ??? HOLLY :):qq::thumb:

PS BUT kent woodsmen next old fruit and you know how you love KW ?

You always was a sneakey booger ??? HOLLY :):qq::thumb:

PS BUT kent woodsmen next old fruit and you know how you love KW ?

yeah! ......... Kent Woodsman .......... the Bermuda Triangle of FT............ dreams disappear without trace....

............ dreams disappear without trace....

Here hang on ? you told me your dreams were of photgraphing Megan Fox and it getting a bit frisky afterwards ??? HOLLY :):qq::thumb:

Is this similar to the new SEFTA kit on order for the Regionals?......... think the Yellow is quite striking and will strike fear into our opponents

post-18595-1327441959_thumb.jpg