Sign in to follow this  
bigphil

new spring for hw77

Hi All,

I've stripped my old 77 down now and polished up the internal parts and noticed its missing a breech seal and a few other spares needed.

What tuning kit would be recomended for this gun, venom,titan,ox or ox-a?????

Im keen to add new spring guides and tophat so should i just buy the kit with it all in or buy seperate items with a spring of recomended choice?

The choice is a bit confusing,and also what would washers do if added to the spring guide? Put power up or down?

Any help much appreciated!!

Phil.

maybe Titan XS #3 spring?

What do you mean "missing a breach seal"? Was it factory shipped without one or lost over time?

I'm looking at buying an HW77 and thinking about installing a titan #3. It's cheap enough and if the seals are upgraded ~ ~ ~

But then there's this guy who thinks OX is bad. I've no clue why.

http://www.airgunforum.co.uk/forums/anythi...-xs-spring.html

Further in the thread a fellow is talking about his worries that the Titan XS would have wrecked his gun

I'd like to know why he thought they were bad.

Here's some pix of the V-match kit

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/threa...ach+Tuning+kits

Google Air rifle headquarters in the USA, you can get a 12ftlb kit from this source. Even if you get caught with import duty it'll probably still be cheaper than a Venom kit, turnaround is about ten days to a fortnight.

NO do not use a OX spring mate, i have one & it was the only one i could get at the time bad idea for me sorry to say.

however i am going to have a v-mach me thinks fitted by uk neil soon in my hw77 :)

would washers do if added to the spring guide? Put power up or down?

adding washers to the back of the spring, was a trick we used, in the old days, in theory it would put the spring under more pressure, but we had no way of proving if it worked.

If you are not very skilled in airgun fettling etc, just buy a V-Mach kit; it will solve all the issues in one go!

These are NOT, as often inferred, expensive; they are just top-notch quality and borne of vast experience so are really dirt cheap (certainly a lot cheaper than buying an Ox spring and then sorting the rifle out again!).

If you have (or know someone who has) the skills and access to a lathe, then it's a doddle! Probably not worth the hassle for a one off, but if it's going to get you hooked, well worth it!

I know this is answering a very old thread but I haven't been on here for quite a while!

atvb

David