Sign in to follow this  
SPOMAN

HW100 cylinder dust plug

Gents,

My HW100 is bereft of a cylinder dust plug. I ordered a replacement but it is too big in diameter to fit. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement plug that actually fits. I have emailed Weihrauch and awaiting a reply but if you know a distributor in the UK then please let me know.

Regards

Cheers Raygun. Found a John Knibbs International. They indeed sell the proper dust plugs. £12.99 if you need one. Mine is on the way!

These are available from a number of places, first 'port of call' (pun intended) that I would suggest is Best Fittings >> http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/

Also, Steve Pope does modified ones, which do not seal themselves into the port, if the inlet valve seal happens to leak.

If a standard dust plug is in place when the inlet valve leaks, it swells the seals on the dust plug exactly the same as the seals lock the filling probe in place when charging.

The only ways to remove the dust probe in that situation, is to either drift or drill the plug out, as it could have up to 200bar holding it fast, that cannot be vented off.

Edited by Gambo