• Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
Sign in to follow this  
holly

To Steyr or not to Steyr?

Have to say so far i have to take my hat off for Holly in his determination to stay away from the best.

no, not an Njr. after I whooped him in the 2010 season he went and got one last year but could not handle it.

However, after another humilating Gp season loss to ME :baa: Its only a matter of time till he is has an Ostler ev2 and then, maybe then he would be serious competion.

Simon :f2:

Edited by Piemanlarger

Well mate . i wil be shooting the shutz this year so i expect to get seriously fat off your burgers ??? HOLLY :):qq::thumb:

Well mate . i wil be shooting the shutz this year so i expect to get seriously fat off your burgers ??? HOLLY :):qq::thumb:

Whaddya mean "GET" :f2:

That is undeveloped muscle mate ??? HOLLY :):qq::thumb:

Due to a bit of luck and a very nice fella . the wife now has a 20+50 lupe to put on her rifle . this we will zero in and check out sat and sunday . gotta get an extended turret for it if pos . but will use it as is for now . should be interesting to see what can be done with a top scope on board ??? HOLLY :):thumb:

well it was another hard day at the office , or should i say at the zero range down at Springfierld arc . scope bolted on , barrel cleaned . a tin of 7.9s ready . and onto the chrono , 801 FPS . that will do nicely . down to the zero range and with a bit of help from dave lillywhite i was soon getting some good groups at 35 yards . . marked up the sidewheel and top turret ( needs a bigger turret ) and shot some close ones . little bit off due to a bit of breeze on the 35 yarder . soon sorted and checked out to 55 yards . not bad for a quick effort , but i found after a couple of hours on the rifle that the shots were going a bit high . i think maybe because the barrel has leaded up a bit and slightly changed the zero . will see if it holds that zero tomorrow . the scope went well . lupe clear and easy to use .but i would not go back to one . the 35 mag comp X is much easier to use . got to see how the missus gets on with my settings and maybe go over to numbers on the wheel and turret ??? HOLLY

Some good , some bad today as ever . the good bit was the rifle held zero , the bad bit was bob turned up with the old stock and we changed it over . how is that bad , well it meant dropping the lifters off the scope cos the new old stock has not got an adjustable cheek piece . . rezero .all this meant that i could not practice as i hoped for the showdown . oh well . still i found out that the rifle is not struck on to much cleaning , as the day wore on it got better to the point where off the bench it was hitting pellets marks at 50 yards with the 7.9s . plus with the new stock and daystate alloy lifter underneath . it was easier for the wife sitting to get to grips with it . the scope needs another sunshade , to much glare . probably a bigger top turret . but all in all it is getting there ??? HOLLY :):thumb:

I have fitted a rowen eng adjustable muzzle brake i borrowed off phil down the club to see if it makes any difference to the groups tomorrow . i like air strippers , but not cos they strip air . but because they can by changing the vibrations of the barrel . make a good barrel a bit better . what they cannot do is to make a bad barrel any better . will report back ??? HOLLY :):thumb:

Well yes it did bring the groups in at 50 yards . so i have bought one off the forum to use on the rifle . took a bit of inning and outing with the adjustable cone , but got there in the end , recomended ??? HOLLY