Sign in to follow this  
colyshooter

Best Pellets for Steyr LG110 (HP)

Could anybody tell us the best pellets to use with a Steyr LG110. I'm told 4.53 probably best but aren't these a bit large?

Also, is there a make of silencer (with adapter) that can remain in place and still let you take the cylinder off?

Thanks for any advice

Could anybody tell us the best pellets to use with a Steyr LG110. I'm told 4.53 probably best but aren't these a bit large?

Also, is there a make of silencer (with adapter) that can remain in place and still let you take the cylinder off?

Thanks for any advice

Mozzies / JSB Exact Express in 4.52 went well in my Steyrs but then so do AA Field 4.52. JSB Exacts 4.51 ,4.52 and 4.53.

Try some and see. It is down to the barrel.

hth

Barry

If its the new (2011 long barrel) Steyr ive found 4.52 JSB Exact to be the best in mine. Apparently the barrel was designed from the outset to use JSB pellets. The choke is very small on both mine and a friends gun and needs a fair ammount of running in (2-3000 pellets). Ive tried all the usual suspects including Mossies & JSB express and found JSB exacts group best. My barrel does not like the new black tin AA at all (shotgun groups)

If its the new (2011 long barrel) Steyr ive found 4.52 JSB Exact to be the best in mine.

Same with mine. 4.52 JSB Exact will do the best job in the long (55cm) barrel.

If its the new (2011 long barrel) Steyr ive found 4.52 JSB Exact to be the best in mine. Apparently the barrel was designed from the outset to use JSB pellets. The choke is very small on both mine and a friends gun and needs a fair ammount of running in (2-3000 pellets). Ive tried all the usual suspects including Mossies & JSB express and found JSB exacts group best. My barrel does not like the new black tin AA at all (shotgun groups)

Paul . send those black tin air arms down to me then mate :qq: How is it going now ??? HOLLY :thumb:

Paul . send those black tin air arms down to me then mate :qq: How is it going now ??? HOLLY :thumb:

Ive hopefully :beg: cured it now Hols, since ive sleeved the barrel the POI shifts have gone. Ive a few problems with velocity inconstancy's which im hoping are down to the hammer spring bedding in. Im using the black transfer port which im lead to believe gives more consistency. Im a LOT happier than i was a few months ago so time behind the trigger will tell. :thumb:

Ive hopefully :beg: cured it now Hols, since ive sleeved the barrel the POI shifts have gone. Ive a few problems with velocity inconstancy's which im hoping are down to the hammer spring bedding in. Im using the black transfer port which im lead to believe gives more consistency. Im a LOT happier than i was a few months ago so time behind the trigger will tell. :thumb:

Well that is good news . what scope do you use now ??? HOLLY

Well that is good news . what scope do you use now ??? HOLLY

After spending the money ive stuck with the March, its taken a while to get used too and im still mis-ranging occasionally but im getting there (slowly) the old Nikko is still there in its box as a back up but i think im winning with it now.

In that case paul . there is no reason why you cannot get among the big boy's this year ??? HOLLY :):thumb: