Sign in to follow this  
PaulD

Anschutz 9003

Ive seen only one 9003 doing the FT rounds, does anyone know anything about them?

Anschutz are obviously pushing them as a 10mtr rifle but no one "up here" has had any experience with this new "Uberweapon" :rolleyes:

I think they retail for around £2800 in standard guise but how much does the conversion cost?

Just curious like :qq:

Barry mac at Springfield ARC has just picked one up, i think john Harris converted it over to 12ft/lb........ it is v lovely to shoot.

I still have not found out what the difference is between the 8002 and the 9003 ? they have the same reg as mine . they have the same barrel as mine . as far as i can see the only difference is a side lever cocking and anti flip . oh and the small matter of the difference in dosh . IE mine £ 650 . 9003 £ 2800 , plus converting ? nope i will stay a cheapo ??? HOLLY :):thumb:

Edited by holly

From what I know, 9003 has a recoil dampener. I have red that few shooters even complain that a 9003 rifle feels like ded — nothing happens during shot. So shooter does not feel when the shot is fired.

From what I know, 9003 has a recoil dampener. I have red that few shooters even complain that a 9003 rifle feels like ded — nothing happens during shot. So shooter does not feel when the shot is fired.

From the few shots I had with Barry Macs I'd agree with that, it felt totally dead.

Fantastic rifle to shoot but SyCo

JH converted it to just under 12 ft lb not over :0

Can i have a play on Sunday please Barry?

OK Paul

I'll stick it in the car. Be there for pm session

Unfortunately it's only got a S&B FT on top :)

cheers

Barry

OK Paul

I'll stick it in the car. Be there for pm session

Unfortunately it's only got a S&B FT on top :)

cheers

Barry

Im booked in for the PM session anyway Barry :awink:

and lets face it the S&B cant be any worse than what i use :rolleyes:

I'll have a drive down as well, couldnt book in as at 2 April and no reply since.

As regards new theyve came out in 2004, mine Sept 2005 untouched since Nov 2005 still on same reg seals.

Gotta weigh quite a bit Barry, heavy rifle and extra heavy scope, but they are amazing to shoot.

Shooting standers is uncanny, ultra dead feel it's like shooting a toy.

Connor, I don't get a chance to shoot it.

As soon as I take it out the bag, Holly grabs it and drools for the rest of the day :)

I have been told that it is the deadest (is that a word?) rifle to shoot.

JH has done the work and brought it up to S2 spec

cheers

Barry

There ain't anything out there to touch it for deadness Barry, I certainly haven't shot anything to equal it.

Connor, I don't get a chance to shoot it.

As soon as I take it out the bag, Holly grabs it and drools for the rest of the day :)

I have been told that it is the deadest (is that a word?) rifle to shoot.

JH has done the work and brought it up to S2 spec

cheers

Barry

It is good , very good . BUT i would still have ahmets 8002 by choice . it looks great and shoots better than it looks .??? HOLLY

Edited by holly

Holly, you know I'm 1st in the Q

Should have bought it when I had the chance

Gary had a cracking 8002 basic down south Wales, no stabilisor and just as good.

Holly, you know I'm 1st in the Q

Should have bought it when I had the chance

Craig might well have been world champ by now if you had barry ??? HOLLY :):thumb:

Gary had a cracking 8002 basic down south Wales, no stabilisor and just as good.

Jon this no ordinary 8002 . this was doppers old rifle . it has had a fortune spent on it . paul wilson stock , titanium air cylinder and on and on . god knows what it all cost . when i went down to dops gaff at MAD to try it out for ahmet ( turkish wrestler ) i tried it off the bench . the wind was way up and gustin hard . at a 50 yards resetter . it put a true line of pellets that looked like they had been done with a ruler . after 20 or so shots to get used to it . i waited till the wind was dying on a gust and knocked that -swearword- up and down till i got fed up with doing it . it is a beauty ??? HOLLY :):thumb:

I'll have a drive down as well, couldnt book in as at 2 April and no reply since.

As regards new theyve came out in 2004, mine Sept 2005 untouched since Nov 2005 still on same reg seals.

Jon, drop Lyndeen an email. I dropped out of the GP1 pm session today. EV is a bit poorly, but Mr Ostler is going to fix that. Then GP2 is all mine!!!

Alex.

Jon, drop Lyndeen an email. I dropped out of the GP1 pm session today. EV is a bit poorly, but Mr Ostler is going to fix that. Then GP2 is all mine!!!

Alex.

Alex . if your EV2 is poorly , you should have it put down ??? HOLLY :):qq::thumb:

two from tondu dropped out of pm yesterday Jon so must be room for you.

see you sunday.