AirGunForum
  • Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
    • J-B

Upgrade   01/16/2018

Well it took me longer than expected and it was a bumpy road, but the forum is now upgraded to the latest version. The previous skin will no longer work with this new version, but I will check to see if there is a similar one for this version. Enjoy and if you encounter any problem just report it.
Sign in to follow this  
holly

Round 8 SEFTA winter league .

I dunno about them mugs at the top . BUT the fella who got forth , WAS MAGNIFICENT ??? HOLLY :):qq::thumb::laugh::escape:

Totally agree Holly

Well done and maybe next year you might come third?

Don't worry barry . soon as you dump the steyr and get the shutz going . i can see some decent scores coming in for you ??? HOLLY :):thumb:

PS nip around to steve lannyman's and get a stock sorted for the 9003 ?

so on % i can be targets infront and still lose, if this is so there must be something wrong with the way it is worked out useing %.

Are we a F. Target clubs or % clubs? i think this needs to be bought up at a sefta meeting.

PS well done to all the shooters that shoot the WL.

Paul.

Hi Paul

we can add this to the next SEFTA committee meeting for further discussion

so on % i can be targets infront and still lose, if this is so there must be something wrong with the way it is worked out useing %.

Are we a F. Target clubs or % clubs? i think this needs to be bought up at a sefta meeting.

PS well done to all the shooters that shoot the WL.

Paul.

It is a system paul . i think you will find that most if not all use it . get your fat bum out and do some shooting ??? HOLLY :):f2:

Top 8 over all does not seem to change much overall if you still take out each shooters lowest score from the maths I have done , the only one to seem to drop down is Ollie ever one else seems to stay the same but this is by my maths. I can not see it would ever be fair to have all 8 shoots to count as know one knows what may stop some one missing a comp.

Yes this is entirely true.

Every FT round with the exception of the showdown is based on percentage and not targets hit. This effectively scales everyone's performance against the top score of the day, and in doing so provides a weighting factor against how difficult the course was that day.

For example, if you hit 30 targets on a really hard day in which the top score was 30, you get more credit than if you score 31 on an easy day in which the top score was 40.

In essence, on a hard day, your targets are effectively 'worth more'.

This does mean that any column showing targets hit is misleading. I only include them on the scores tables because they always have been.

Doc just PM's me with a different question about the total targets hit calculation, so I'll share my answer here also. He noticed that his total targets hit figure was 207, where as he had made it 209.

Basically your dropped round is your lowest percentage. The total targets hit figure is an accumulation of the targets hit from the counting rounds. As previously stated though, I only include this figure because it always has been included before I started doing the stats. It is a meaningless figure and is not used for placings at all.

Well i understood that keith , errrr at least i think i did . but i do know i kicked RN10s ass . yehawww ??? HOLLY :):thumb:

From what I have seen over the few years I have shot the SEFTA WL the top shooters or team always come out on top and I am sure no scoring system would ever suit every one. And yes Ollie has again kicked my ass but not by much. Now lets think how much practicing do I do to how much Ollie does.

From what I have seen over the few years I have shot the SEFTA WL the top shooters or team always come out on top and I am sure no scoring system would ever suit every one. And yes Ollie has again kicked my ass but not by much. Now lets think how much practicing do I do to how much Ollie does.

with a bit of coaching from my good self , who knows you might . yes , just might get the hang of it ? maybe ??? HOLLY :qq::eek:

Don't worry barry . soon as you dump the steyr ..........

......... And Holly will be in like a shot to buy it from you. :laugh:

Al.

Gun & scope for sale........ wet with Pis**d off owner

You didn't look like you were enjoying yourself yesterday.

The wind was roaring through the trees . My Gun was wet , my scope was wet . my bean bag was wet , my ass was wet , my feet were wet , my coat was wet , my gloves were wet . but sy-co . MY SHOOTING WAS NOT ??? HOLLY :):shakehead::f2:

Edited by holly

Your Club Is In trouble ?

Do you have a Course To hard ?

Do you have targets you cannot get ?

Do you need first class help ?

THEN YOU NEED THE "A" TEAM

Apply Springfield ARC "A" TEAM

SEFTA area Champions .

??? HOLLY :):qq::thumb: you know it makes sense . :snip:

Edited by holly

Gun & scope for sale........ wet with Pis**d off owner

The gun and scope . yes . but a ######=ed off owner . no i don't think i want one of those ??? HOLLY :):thumb:

You didn't look like you were enjoying yourself yesterday.

no S.boy.... had one of those shoots that makes you think... "why the **** am I doing this".........

(then the week after you have a good one.. and all is right with the world)

mistress FT is harsh is a hard..... er mistress ... or whatever (ask Holly as he quoted me this about 9 years ago)

no S.boy.... had one of those shoots that makes you think... "why the **** am I doing this".........

(then the week after you have a good one.. and all is right with the world)

mistress FT is harsh is a hard..... er mistress ... or whatever (ask Holly as he quoted me this about 9 years ago)

Mate like the man said ." a bad day in FT is far better than a very good day at work " ??? HOLLY

PS the showdown is beckoning and it may be your turn for glory ?

Let her RIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP