AirGunForum
  • Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
    • J-B

Upgrade   01/16/2018

Well it took me longer than expected and it was a bumpy road, but the forum is now upgraded to the latest version. The previous skin will no longer work with this new version, but I will check to see if there is a similar one for this version. Enjoy and if you encounter any problem just report it.
Sign in to follow this  
Paul77

Feinwerkbau 65/80

Ive just bought an fwb80 which was missing one of the 0.05mm shim washers fitted to the rear of the recoil sled, I've made one out of a 0.05 mm feeler gauge. Ive got three 0.05 shims in front of thr guide and one at the rear and It now shoots and the action recoils and stays in the rear position. Im I right in thinking if I push it forward itll move around forward to back, and once cocked it'll move around freely or should it lock in the forward position?

I believe it was a rivi member I bought it from.

I've just bought a maccari mainspring and seal set for it from maccari, Ive also read that the cylinder should run almost dry, but am I right in thinking it should be lightly lubed with some moly? Or should I get the proper fwb lube.

Fantastic pistol though

13F4E873-8092-4151-BD4C-651022C37D85-4857-000002E8F33AF3E5.jpg

Edited by Paul77

The action should lock in the forward position when the pistol is cocked.

DO NOT USE MOLY ON THE PISTON, SPRING OR ON ANY MOVING PARTS.

Yes it's all sorted now, im didn't update the thread on here as there was no interest.

There was one too many shims on the rear sled which was preventing it locking in the forward position. All now sorted and shooting perfectly

Of another forum.

Well after a long wait my, feinwerkbau grease finally arrived from Canada. I had already recived my maccari seals and spring front he USA.

While in bits I oiled the grips and using an airbush touched up some of the worn parts on the frame.

The seals were a perfect fit but the spring far too long, the pistol wouldn't cock with it in and I had a hell of a time getting it in the action. I think cut to the same length of the original it would be ok, something I'll try at a later date.

Using a small amount of the fwb special grease (which doesn't combust) I lightly lubed the comp tube inside and outside.

Once reassembled and with the correct shins on the recoil sledge it now shooting spot on.

Maccari seal set

2E5DB9FD-FF1B-455A-9F92-8EE3DC4BBB44-1696-000000837D9E221D_zpsb40642a0.jpg

Showing the piston ring seal

4B998BFC-B013-4ECE-BD0F-3FB3B9F88506-1696-00000083826F99F2_zps8d697fac.jpg

The machining tolerances are superb

74330C71-A90D-40A5-A406-B311781AD4FF-1696-0000008386D37D13_zpsea609235.jpg

99485effd0a8ea0cd264dc84a39d3b9a_zpsfa5e217a.jpg

Nice one, glad your all sorted now.

The piston buffer seems to look very proud of the piston & it looks flat rather than domed from the image?

BTW FWB Special Grease is one of the few long lasting greases that can be used on rubber, plastics & metal. It is manufactured by a well known, I think american, company but manufactured in Germany. Its available under its own brand name & costs about £90 for 500gms or around £20.00 fpr 100gm tube! .

The buffer wasn't fully home in that pic, it was pushed further home when reassembling. The pic doesn't show it but it is slightly domed.