Sign in to follow this  
Snakes360

FT or HFT Near Manningtree Essex

Hi.

I have posted this question on another forum but thought it was worth covering my bases being new to this. I am looking for an HFT or Ft range near Manningtree, Essex. One that I have seen on a map that I was pointed to by a user on another forum to was Iceni Marksmen near Colchester. Has anyone shot there? How does it compare to other ranges?

I should add that I used to shoot clays but parted with my shotguns a few years ago and fancy giving air rifles a go for a while. Happy to shoot anywhere around North Essex or South Suffolk and could do with a friendly club that welcomes beginners to the sport.

Thanks

Iceni has one of the best courses in the southeast. They mainly cater for FT not sure about HFT though. You'll find all the information you need here. http://www.iceni-marksmen.co.uk/

Both myself & my wife shoot there, FT course is set out fresh each week, so you don't get to know the distances. It's not really set up for HFT though, and not many there know much about that branch of the sport, best way to find out about it, would be to pop along one Sunday before 10 am (bring your gun, if you have one at the moment - you can shoot on your first visit after a safety brief)

That's good to know. Thank you.

I see on the Iceni website that there is a club rifle to hire. It is likely that myself and a friend would come along one Sunday (as i think we will both be getting into the sport) but I can't see how to go about booking the club loan rifle for one of us to use. Do I just email or do I need it be there one Sunday to make the necessary arrangements for a future date?

Many thanks Springboy and Suffolkrifle for the replies.

Hi.

Just ping us an email of your intended visit date, and we can book the rifle out.

Regards,

Andy

Had a great morning thank you, not too dampened by the weather as the woods gave pretty good shelter. Everyone was really friendly..... and patient with the tuition (thanks Barry). Done lots of shooting over the years but nothing quite as technical as today. Looking forward to becoming geeky with marking off my scope turrets..... Well, when I buy one.

Thanks to everyone at Iceni for a fun morning.

I've not gone that far, just the sidewheel, and use hold-over (I can't then turn the turrets the wrong way!) :lol2:

I've not gone that far, just the sidewheel, and use hold-over (I can't then turn the turrets the wrong way!) :lol2:

I've been shooting FT for over 25 years and I still turn the turrets the wrong way lol

I've been shooting FT for over 25 years and I still turn the turrets the wrong way lol

Seems a common problem :D