Sign in to follow this  
scwood

Beeman S1 trouble

I have a Beeman S1 that will not shoot accurate. I tightened all screws,cleaned the barrel,tried a different scope.I think it needs new parts not sure what it needs.It may not be worth fixing.I don't know if I can get the parts.I know nothing about working on a spinger air gun.Thanks for any help!

Hi---it.s been a long tome since I posted on here. I don't know anything about the gun other than a quick google search I've just done.

It is apparently made by Norica in Spain and ( so I,ve just read, a rogue batch got out and were sold off cheaply).

Firstly, if you have open sights (iron sights), try them. It could be you scope or mounts are moving. Can you shoot ok with other airguns? If so, it may be the gun. Get somebody else to try it and see how it shoots. It may be you instead of the gun.

Does it shoot to one side all the time or all over the place? If it shoots to one side then maybe the barrel is bent the sights are out of alignment. If it is inaccurate with open sights and seems to shoot all over the place, then try to check if something is moving on the sights. A sign of this is a couple of shots in one place and then a sudden change in the point of impact. If it shoots ok with open sights then there is a chance you scope mounts are the wrong profile and the scope is moving OR the scope is broken.

I,m guessing you do not have access to a chronograph to see whether the power is consistent? Is there any smoke when you shoot? If there is, then the gun is dieseling because there is too much oil or grease in it. If there is no smoke but you suspect it is inconsistent in power, have a look to see if the breech seal is cut or damaged. If you think everything is tight (even the breech jaws?) then (with the gun uncocked and the barrel broken) inspect the muzzle end of the barrel. If this is damaged then it will shoot all over. You can have a look on youtube for how to recrown it. If you have tried all this and it still does not shoot well, then it is a strip down and probably a new piston seal,breech seal and mainspring.

Edited by ggggr

Now My S1 will not push the pellet down the barrel.Does this mean a bad seal?

More than likely to be a seal gone. Either breech seal or piston seal. It could be a broken mainspring. Old mainsprings tend to work but just keep putting less power out.

could be a burnt or torn piston seal. Essentially the same gun as a Norica Marvic internally,I think these were also sold under the Marksman name..model 45. Not an exquisitely accurate gun, the recoil on the FAC ones I've used was quite snappy and the gun was hold and pellet sensitive. Recrowning and tuning helped the gun (along with a trigger job).