Sign in to follow this  
bryn_f

Xs78 (Damaged?) Hammer Spring

Hiya people

Well, it's been longer than I'd hoped, but I have eventually gone and bought an SMK XS78.

Upon bringing it home, I set about taking it apart and finishing what SMK had started manufacturing, namely all the parts inside said rifle (just waiting on new seals now, yipee!).

One anomaly though, is the hammer spring. It looks, well, wrong...

spring_zpsae730f8d.jpg

The photo shows the spring, and close up's of the damaged end and 'proper' end.

I don't know if this is a common fault on SMK's behalf, or if this spring is indeed damaged/broken. I suspect the latter, seeing how the metal is brighter on the end (indicating breakage?) and that no attempt has been made to square off the end either...

Opinions would be appreciated. Thank you. :cheers:

Edited by bryn_f

After a bit of research, I have decided that it would be unlikely that this is the correct form for the hammer spring.

As such, I have placed an order for custom-made springs from a large UK based manufacturer, for a batch of 10 springs of the same dimensions.

As I will only require one of these springs myself, anyone who has a need for a hammer spring (part number 0700) for an XS/QB 78 or 79, should message me and we can come to an arrangement.

The going rate, per spring (delivered) will be £8.50. It's not cheap but then neither is placing a small order of custom design!

Bryn

Edited by bryn_f

Bryn,

You may be able to sell them over on the uk chinese airgun forum.

Pete.

After a bit of research, I have decided that it would be unlikely that this is the correct form for the hammer spring.

As such, I have placed an order for custom-made springs from a large UK based manufacturer, for a batch of 10 springs of the same dimensions.

As I will only require one of these springs myself, anyone who has a need for a hammer spring (part number 0700) for an XS/QB 78 or 79, should message me and we can come to an arrangement.

The going rate, per spring (delivered) will be £8.50. It's not cheap but then neither is placing a small order of custom design!

Bryn

Afternoon Bryn, I have similar problem with my xs78, I need to find a hammer spring, do you still have one I can buy?

Thx

I've been told that by shortening the hammer spring that it lowers the energy (ft/lbs) so is it possible that someone has tried this or have I been informed wrongly?

If you bought it new the spring would be ground flat at both ends, if it broke inside the gun the other part would be inside ,

I suspect it was cut to lower the power by the previous owner ,

Bryn_f My name is Marco Oliver this is my first post and i have a lot of qb mods and if you have any question about your 78 or 79 Rifle let me know and maybe i can help you. i put here some pistures of my own proyect.

Qb 78 Deluxe, 5.5mm with remote and bulk mod.

qb78dhpa900fpszf7.jpg

qb 79 5.5 hpa seting 1600 multishot manual indexing

foto1hu.jpg

img1642u.jpg

qb 79 hpa 1400 psi 4,5

02respaldoiphone010.jpg