• Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
    • J-B

Upgrade   01/16/2018

Well it took me longer than expected and it was a bumpy road, but the forum is now upgraded to the latest version. The previous skin will no longer work with this new version, but I will check to see if there is a similar one for this version. Enjoy and if you encounter any problem just report it.
Sign in to follow this  
craftsman

Bench rest comp

Is there such a thing as a bench rest 20yd comp within the sport and if so, what are the rules,,,,, size or description of target, number of shots etc?

I have became interested in this form of shooting as I am now unable to go tramping around courses or even standing still, as in Bell Target,,,,int owd age wunnerful?

Edited by craftsman

There is a man who can answer all your questions....i'm sure he will be along soon... :cheekkiss:

There is a man who can answer all your questions....i'm sure he will be along soon... :cheekkiss:

e-mail on its way to your hotmail addy (on here) with the rules doc and info on the Midlands Shooting League - Winter benchrest postals

John

Received thank you, need to see if I can drum up another couple of bodies.

Hah!!! Either the drum ain't working or nobody at my club likes me enough to compete with me.

Looks like a no-go then unless there is a singles comp?

Hah!!! Either the drum ain't working or nobody at my club likes me enough to compete with me.

Looks like a no-go then unless there is a singles comp?

I would consider personal freshness if i were you ??? HOLLY heh heh heh

Oh, I'm fresh all right!

And sometimes very personal!

Ask most of my female acquaintances!

Get yerself over to Melbourne...you know it makes sense...

Well now, thanks very much for the invite but I would soon be a poorer pensioner than I am now due to traveling costs!

Traveling to my 'Cowboy' shoots once a month is about all I can manage comfortably, so it looks like I shall just have to heckle the non-players at my club into more activity.

I mean, air rifle and pistol shooting has to be one of the cheapest forms of shooting but you would need a 10 foot bullwhip to stir some of our guys!

You would not believe the number of trophies that stand idle in our display cabinet now-a-days, still, I guess that is modern youth for you!

Hi Craftsman

If you and other club members wish to visit Leics & District to see the benchrest set up and get other info on the sport, just ask

The Midlands Benchrest League shoot at either 20yds or 25 yds with teams of 3 shooters, 20shots/round and 10 rounds each season

The league shoots to true (World/European Fed.)benchrest rules using front and rear sandbag rests.

baron

Mornin' Baron, do you have any info for venue, times and dates and a contact name, please?

dbsmedley@Hotmail.com. if you don't want to publish it on here.

Hi Craftsman

This is a link to L&D's website and gives opening times www.leicestershooting.co.uk/‎

Visit on a weekend and just ask the Duty Officer for info/membership details and a look at the ranges

Benchrest shooting takes place mainly on the indoor 25yd range, but UKBR22 targets are also shot on the outdoor air rifle 50yd range

Wednesday afternoons are also a good time to visit when BR shooting is taking place 1.30 - 4.30pm

baron

Edited by baron

Just found this, been a bit busy, but thanks for the info and I will check it out as soon as the medics let loose of my coat-tails,,,,,who said growing old was fun????

The web site looks good and the facilities are superb.

What wonderful facilities I used to live locally although I was not into recreational shooting then, have to look them up next time I am in the area as I often visit friends in Leicester and Kibworth.