Sign in to follow this  
holly

SEFTA . CENTRAL CHALLENGE . 23RD of March

Righto thought i would put this up on the forum so that you can arrange to take your hols then in SEFTA to avoid a good thrashing . the challenge match between the two regions is a warm up for the regionals and will be held on the 23rd of march at BISLEY FTO . ??? HOLLY

PS peter edwards say's he will thrash all comers . he did not say with what he would do it . i doubt it will be with a rifle . :rofl2::cheers:

I thought 23rd March is the CSFTA showdown Holly.

IS there a seperate comp running on the same day?

I am told there is no showdown this year alex . cliffy describes it as bisleys presentation shoot . so at the same time it would be a good idea to teach those nice young ? SEFTA boys a good lesson ??? HOLLY

PS mind you i don't think you can call groucher and pattle " boy's " .

As it appens im off that day ,thovworkng sat so might be a bit grumpy

Edited by dc1

grumpy Dave, surely not?

Sooooo glad you see it that way

How much did he pay you to say that simone ??? HOLLY

Why be grumpy. Think of all that money

I talked this through with Cliff Church earlier today. There will be a Bisley Shoot on the day, but it will have an "Open" element, where shooters from SEFTA and CSFTA will have their scores used to decide a regional challenge. Getting balanced numbers from SEFTA to venture over to Bisley (a CSFTA region) may give problems, but if the best 5-10 scores from both regions counted, there could be a reasonable challenge on offer. Should be a good day.

Any cost ,usually is

Edited by dc1

Yes dave , it will be you buying the teas ??? HOLLY

I should say alex when clubs are new to FT it is a good idea to keep it simple . the whole course could have been done in two hundred yards to good effect . the point of that would be to allow lanes to be sited closer and more accurately . closer is good cos people communicate . IE talk to each other . have a laugh when things are going badly to cheer each other up .accurate , cos you can spend more time making sure you can see the targets and there is nothing in between . like i say a good effort for a first time out . but unless you have the same wind next week . there will be no real comparrison to today ??? HOLLY

I can understand the shorter course format for better banter and heckling, but the down side is crossed strings, not enough change of wind direction, trees at the wrong distances etc.

But I'm glad MVAC have taken a step in the right direction. Now we need more participants.

On the crossing strings front i disagree . to put twenty lanes into two hundred yards , that means a lane every twenty yards , plenty of room . plus the fashion of putting targets at extreme left and right on one lane is something i think left for the worlds or GPs . if you put two targets to the front of the lane posts , it allows the new competitor to learn from his mistakes , wind wise . and lets face it , most of the shooters there are of that ilk . but the main point is that more time can be spent siteing the targets and making sure there are no obstructions between the competitor and the target . pushing a barrow around that lot would have knackered most never mind putting the targets out . like i say good effort for first time alex . when the weather improves so will the attendance ??? HOLLY

I can understand the shorter course format for better banter and heckling, but the down side is crossed strings, not enough change of wind direction, trees at the wrong distances etc.

But I'm glad MVAC have taken a step in the right direction. Now we need more participants.

Agreed, it was good stuff.

Next year could see us with 10 rounds... :) A chance for the local shooters and the travellers, and with more rounds all is not lost if one is missed...

Will put something on the sefta site about it - unfortunately Keith and I can't make it which is a shame because Bisley is always a great place to visit.

I would reccomend to anybody to give Centrals courses a go . as they are more like the GPs courses than a local course .

Simone . not supporting SEFTA in this match will bring shame upon the region . consider your selves admonished . ??? HOLLY

Will put something on the sefta site about it - unfortunately Keith and I can't make it which is a shame because Bisley is always a great place to visit.

Some comp sec thas turned out to be

Disgracefull ??? HOLLY :iagree::amen::cheers:

Is anyone going to tell us fings like ,errrrrrr times and cost as earlier asked or is it a secret??

I will ask cliffy ??? HOLLY

Ok ladies and gents the details for the CSFTA end of season shoot at Bisley on the 23rd march are as follows;

It will be a 10 am shotgun start,

£7.50 entrance fee

Prize for top shot

Golden bunny will have 3 winners .

See you there

So whos going from sefta

Hopefully me dan gordon and tony s

Get round there boys we need to have a ramraid on them

Especially those defectors !!

Grandads going and his boy peter .dunno about phil . he is wetnursing his dogs puppies ??? HOLLY

PS Defectors Rule . :cheers:

Pss i have asked dodgy john if he is going ?

Edited by holly

Sitting here waiting for breaking news of CSFTA's triumph over the SEFTA hopefuls.

What's the story?

I started my Radiotherapy and Chemotherapy on Wednesday, and it's taken the energy out of me for comp day (great excuse!!), So I'v been laid up in bed, snoozing since 6:00am popping pills and chocolate icecream, every few hours (oh the pain and discomfort). And the weather outside has been a mix of Hail stones, Wind, Rain, Bright Sun shine and now Calm but grey. Perfect for Shooting a regional tester.

Al.

er well Alex...... where do we begin.............. it was close............... ish...........................

Edited by Siy-co