Sign in to follow this  
stoogey

adjustable butt pads and cheek piece

hi all, its been a while but here goes.

i've finaly got round to sorting my gun stock, i'm looking for adjustable but pads, nothing like the fancy claws and long under yu arm pit bars and stuff but i want to change the angle of the butt (the very end of the stock) and the adjust the height, and i'm looking at a riser cheek peace (as i'm at it).

first problem..sheeesh prices! second is i dont have a clue what they call things..

would something like this be of use? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Adjustable-Butt-Plate-3D-Printed-/121386853452?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item1c4338644c

any web sights with the relavent info at all? with words like comb etc to the relavence? whats the parts called on the stocks and what do they effect, yes i like all the info lol.

Edited by stoogey

nobody? any body?

ffff i wont mention making new trigger blades lol.

Edited by stoogey

Just found this post,,,being a Scot at heart, I always make all my bits if possible.

Take off your butt plate and rebuild with extended polystyrene or similar, test and keep altering untill you reach your desired shape/angle.

Same with the buttstock comb.

Remove and duplicate in wood.

Making them adjustable will be a lot more technical.

The linked plastic pad cant be beaten for the price, but whether can be adapted to existing stock you will have to figure.

The cheek adjusters on that site are basic simplistic items and will be hard to fit done right.

If already got adjustable cheek just make a packer

post-200-0-40874200-1406663802_thumb.jpg

cheers guys.. just something to do while i twidle du thumbs...