• Announcements

• DaveL

VCR Bill

Since the introduction of the "latest" VCR bill on 1st October 2007, sales of AIRGUNS (including replicas) AND MAJOR COMPONENTS (barrels, cylinders etc.) by DEALERS is restricted to a face-to-face transaction.   Please ensure you are familiar with the changes brought about due to the VCR act, which may be viewed on the BASC website.   BASC and ACPO have produced a guide to the VCR act in PDF format, which avoids legalese and is very understandable. See HERE.   AirGunForum members must ensure their transactions conform with current legislation before posting.   An inter-dealer network to facilitate the continuation of mail order business is being established by Portland Jon. Details are HERE or direct to his website HERE.
    • AirGunForum

Editing your posts

The forum's EDIT function has been changed. After making your post, you will have 30 minutes to review and edit it. After that, only Admin will be able to make edits.   Should a post NEED to be edited afterwards, email to admin@airgunforum.net the change details, the URL of the thread it applies to and if appropriate, the reason for the change. Don't forget to identify yourself and do use your registered email address to make contact. All this is necessary, as admin must be able to identify who you are and that it is your post that you wish to edit.   Admin. will make the edit if it appears necessary. Note, if you want to change something that could easily be achieved by adding a further post to the thread, you will be expected to do it.   Forum staff generally view new posts added to threads since their last visit. If a "for sale" item has been sold or a wanted item has been obtained, just add a post to the thread and it will usually be noted and the thread title will be edited appropriately. This saves members' time wading through posts that are effectively "dead".   DaveL
Sign in to follow this  
FIESTA

plinker

Look on the positives; it was a bright, sunny day, the wind was crisp but minimal and there was plenty of space to spread out on the zero range... ^^

By the way Terry, did the steel plates ever get replaced after those thieving didicoys nicked them all?

God knows how they got them out of there, we bust a gut getting them installed in the first place and even concreted in the posts for added security.

Miinmal at ETL col possibly . at carisbrooke terrible . but a good day anyway .??? HOLLY

Miinmal at ETL col possibly . at carisbrooke terrible . but a good day anyway .??? HOLLY

So are you saying it was a two horse race at Carrisbroke?

There was 5 of us there, Bazza dropping 3, me 9 and the others 10 or more.

Holly got his excuses book out as he was missing quite a few for wind or dropping low. Even young Melv was getting targets Holly was missing.

Good day was had all anyway.

Most peculiar day . no not a two horse race . more like a runnaway win . shots going low , shots going way past where they should have done , wind wise . to the point where i thought there was something wrong with the rifle . got to three quarters of the way around and went back to the zero range . nothing really wrong i could find without a chrono , cold two below on car temp . ranges coming in two yards short . half inch low past 45 yards .nothing more than i would expect . so dunno investigation coming up ??? HOLLY

yes collin they were replaced as was the targets after the hut was cut open twice every thing got pinched ,thanks to robin and stuart they replaced them all and saved the club

Most peculiar day . no not a two horse race . more like a runnaway win . shots going low , shots going way past where they should have done , wind wise . to the point where i thought there was something wrong with the rifle . got to three quarters of the way around and went back to the zero range . nothing really wrong i could find without a chrono , cold two below on car temp . ranges coming in two yards short . half inch low past 45 yards .nothing more than i would expect . so dunno investigation coming up ??? HOLLY

lack of talent... ?

yes collin they were replaced as was the targets after the hut was cut open twice every thing got pinched ,thanks to robin and stuart they replaced them all and saved the club

Ouch, that's not good, I remember the first time the store hut was cut open and the generator was nicked; funny how it happened within a week of buying the generator and how that was the only thing taken....

It's just all that flim-flam coming back to haunt you... :atounge:

It sounds like the cold getting into the rifle, is the hammer dry or lubed?; I bet if you had been able to stick the gun over a chrono it would have been well down.

You may possibly be right simon . time to retire disgracefully perhaps . no sod it let's stay and ###### everybnody off . or even better drag em down to my level , yehawwwwwwwwww let her rippppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp ??? HOLLY

Velocity and cold getting into the old hip maybe . i could not get my right leg up to rest my arm on . never mind warmer weather is a coming . oh and a new shooting jacket i think . ??? HOLLY

I need a new hip and twenty years off my age . but we have what we have and of course . we will be back ??? HOLLY

Sounds like you need a shooting stick old chap, something to take the weight of the rifle... :)

He tried the shooting stick

Fell off it backwards into the nettles, ohh how we larfed

Yerrs , that was a bit embarrasing and painful . but col is talking of crossed shooting sticks as in hunting , i think . tell you what i saw at Lea Valley at there GP ? graham bluck . had a leather belt around his waist , with an alloy rod coming off it that could be lifted to go under his holding arm for standers . had a little cradle at the end for his arm . and guess what , he missed it . ??? HOLLY

Yerrs , that was a bit embarrasing and painful . but col is talking of crossed shooting sticks as in hunting , i think . tell you what i saw at Lea Valley at there GP ? graham bluck . had a leather belt around his waist , with an alloy rod coming off it that could be lifted to go under his holding arm for standers . had a little cradle at the end for his arm . and guess what , he missed it . ??? HOLLY

That is the problem with technology, it will only go so far and you look a right idjiot turning up with 'all the gear and no idea' which is commonly how our American cousins are regarded when new into a war zone... ^^

Sounds like you need a shooting stick old chap, something to take the weight of the rifle... :)

He tried the shooting stick

Fell off it backwards into the nettles, ohh how we larfed

Pity no one got the shot of that one, pure gold.

I do remember a guy in the mid-eighties who used to shoot a '77 and he was always dressed like he was off to some German boar hunt; complete tweed plus fours and braces. He used a three legged milking stool to sit on while shooting to keep his butt out of the mud and on one occasion he fell off this thing into a puddle. Everyone laughed their socks off except this guy who threw his stool down and stomped off the course in disgust.

Personally , i saw nothing funny in falling into the nettles at all ??? HOLLY

Personally , i saw nothing funny in falling into the nettles at all ??? HOLLY

It's a perspective thing; from your perspective it was a painful slightly humiliating experience, and from everyone else's perspective it was hilariously funny. See easy.

Still i did go on to clear the course as usual ??? HOLLY :poster_oops::cheers:

Still i did go on to clear the course as usual ??? HOLLY :poster_oops::cheers:

Of course you did and then you woke up right? ^^

I've known you get quite a few 39'rs, tons of 38'rs, but never a clear in a competition? :D