Sign in to follow this  
holly

Going Back Is Not always Going Back ?

I got about a third of the way around the course today at the bucc's very good course .( more of that later ) and it suddenly hit me why i felt so uncomfortable shooting of late . no it was not a vindaloo last night . because i shoot a anschutz which has probably the best trigger on an air rifle ( maybe the P70 ?) anyway for some while now i have been trying to live up to it . nope i just cannot do it . i have spent far to long on the GC2 trigger , which suffers from stiction . so i develpoed my controlled snatch or tap type trigger release . turn's out that is now the only one that works for me . so the going back . i know i said that i would not shoot my GC2 again . but sod it . gonna send it back to sportsmatch and get the sears sorted out ??? HOLLY :cheers:

Good on you Holly as a gun goes the GC2 is hard to beat as a 25year old+ gun there are guns as good but not better ..

My old GC2 number 113 can hold groups with anything out there ??? HOLLY

Holly,

Have a look at the anschutz catalogue, they used to do a trigger blade that was adjustable weight in it, so if you could set your gc2 user light the anschutz blade should give you the feel of a decent trigger.

Matt

Hopefully Matt . if i can get paul to look at it al Sportsmatch . he can sort it out . never was much good at triggers . thus the trigger guru ??? HOLLY

I admire your spirit with coaxing the old girl to perform but as in your teenage conquests, it's probably best to leave it as a fond memory, not a modern reality... :)

No colin . it is like going back to an old friend . comfortable . i must have fired hundreds of thousands of pellets out of this rifle . and it shoot's spot on . well it does when it is going ??? HOLLY

PS an explantion . when i try to perform a perfect trigger let off on the shutz . it may happen about once a comp . but i am a born abusher . today there was a 15 mil target at i think it was twenty yards . awkward , uphill . now if i had tried to get that as before with good technique . no chance . woody missed ( very unusual ) i sat down ranged it . took a couple of deep breaths .up on the target . move back and forth .on BANG , over . ambush .

PSS another thing is , it removes pressure on you . it is not thought out . you don't have time . BUT you must believe you will get to the right place to trip the shot . move , wobble . breath , move , wobble BANG gone . believe .

No colin . it is like going back to an old friend . comfortable . i must have fired hundreds of thousands of pellets out of this rifle . and it shoot's spot on . well it does when it is going ??? HOLLY

PS an explantion . when i try to perform a perfect trigger let off on the shutz . it may happen about once a comp . but i am a born abusher . today there was a 15 mil target at i think it was twenty yards . awkward , uphill . now if i had tried to get that as before with good technique . no chance . woody missed ( very unusual ) i sat down ranged it . took a couple of deep breaths .up on the target . move back and forth .on BANG , over . ambush .

PSS another thing is , it removes pressure on you . it is not thought out . you don't have time . BUT you must believe you will get to the right place to trip the shot . move , wobble . breath , move , wobble BANG gone . believe .

Well stop yacking and get sorting...my mate who has the left-hand GC2 had his serviced last year so they are still doing them.

Holly, offer John Johnson £1500 for his scimitar.

It is like new. Regular services. Its the gun for you.

Simon . i would love that rifle . really . but if i bought it . i would have to put a lifter underneath to shoot it . which would mean drilling the stock . drilling holes in a john welham stock would be unforgivable ??? HOLLY

Simon . i would love that rifle . really . but if i bought it . i would have to put a lifter underneath to shoot it . which would mean drilling the stock . drilling holes in a john welham stock would be unforgivable ??? HOLLY

Double sided velcro?

Plus, if the trigger was anything like the one I tried years ago, then it made your GC2 trigger seem positively light by comparision.

Double sided velcro?

Blue Tac

Drill a hole in your knee and put the riser there instead, there you go sorted... :)

It is a great thought . but i think i will go with a cricket . synthetic stock . i can drill as many holes in that as i like ??? HOLLY

It is a great thought . but i think i will go with a cricket . synthetic stock . i can drill as many holes in that as i like ??? HOLLY

Probably better to fit your own bottom accessory rail, then you can hang everything off that. Looks like one of those nifty Rowan risers could have your name on it, they do a shoe for it which is plastic to match as well.

Colin , have you seen the price of it ? and £ 75 pounds for the lifter . hmmm still i will have a fiver off you shortly ??? HOLLY

Colin , have you seen the price of it ? and £ 75 pounds for the lifter . hmmm still i will have a fiver off you shortly ??? HOLLY

Mere small change for a man of your means... :)

And i Mean's to get my sticky mitt's on your fiver colin ??? HOLLY

And i Mean's to get my sticky mitt's on your fiver colin ??? HOLLY

Well, as you're fond of saying, you have to be in it to win it... :)

you can guarantee that young colin ??? HOLLY

PS first you have to survive big bazza with his new fangled shooting machine . THIS SUNDAY . ohhh innit exciting . will croucher get past grandad .

PS first you have to survive big bazza with his new fangled shooting machine . THIS SUNDAY . ohhh innit exciting . will croucher get past grandad .

When I spoke to him the other day he wasn't sure that he would have it set up for Sunday, but then Bazza doesn't need much to get him up and running so you never know... :)

Grandad will still be putting those soppy boots on when ive finished for the day Edited by dc1

Colin he IS shooting the Pup and dave , as you well know grandad has nothing to loose and if you are shooting in the open bit . anything can happen ??? HOLLY

Niether of us gotanything to loose mate

Not quite dave . he is a no hoper . you are a hoper ??? HOLLY

Not quite dave . he is a no hoper . you are a hoper ??? HOLLY

Well we shall see Sunday. Talking of which when is the Central showdown or didn't you scrape in this year? :rolleyes: