Sign in to follow this  
holly

How Far To Go With Barrel Cleaning .

Thought to myself . getting a new rifle ( nice ) kick colin's ass ( good ) show bazza who the bull pup man is ( great ) anyway since the shutz will get a holiday i thought now is a good time to think about the career barrel again . it just failed to live up to expectations . so what to do ? scrub it out was my answer . phosphorus broze brush here we come . well i have never seen patches come through so black . gonna try some hoppes number nine on it as the barrel is not on the rifle . if that does not clean it , nothing will .??? HOLLY

For sale

1.8mm smooth twist career barrelπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

For sale

1.8mm smooth twist career barrel

More like 'monkey barrel, .177 part of the way, bored out to .22 the rest, unfinished experimental project, no returns'.... :)

Only one monkey around here colin :thefinger: . this is kill or cure :poster_oops: . either this booger is gonna shoot or it wil be scrap :amen: . then i can sell it to air arms for a FTP barrel :cheers:. ??? HOLLY

Only one monkey around here colin :thefinger: . this is kill or cure :poster_oops: . either this booger is gonna shoot or it wil be scrap :amen: . then i can sell it to air arms for a FTP barrel :cheers:. ???

HOLLY

Have you actually tried pushing a pellet through it to see if it's fairly smooth?

Now i have swabbed and brushed i can actually see some rifeling . hoppes up next ??? HOLLY

Now i have swabbed and brushed i can actually see some rifeling . hoppes up next ??? HOLLY

:rolleyes:

OK swabbed out with hoppes NO 9 . first patch on the pull through came through , looking like crouchers wallet . very dark and not oftern visited . also it was as tight as the winkle wayne ( impossible ) . it then took two more dry patches to get spotless . will see how that goes when i have a chance ??? HOLLY

I can see I new Bullpup being stripped very soon.

Stripped rifling or not it will be better than new rifle.

Β 

Never clean my barrels, ever worse thing can do.

Jon when i got my first proper FT rifle ( my GC2 ) i/we all shot barracuda match or bisley magnums , moving on to the 7.9 prems . all straight out the box/tin . nobody i knew ever cleaned there barrels . well if they did they never mentioned it . if it ever came up it was put a pellet though backwards . or worse as i was told once . yeah mate use them copper pellets . oh right then i had two different types of leading . what used to happen , was that the dirt/ oil/lead . would build up and up , till the zero would shift up to 12 clicks ( quarters ) . you would rezero and then what ever it was in the barrel was shot out and you would rezero again . then i sent the GC2 back for a service and paul down there asked if i would like the barrel polished , errr is it any good .yes ses he . righto , i'll have some of that ., when the gun came back using 7.9 prems at best part of 80 yards . i got a better group than i ever had a 50 . so me , i am a barrel cleaner . you boy's can do what you like ??? HOLLY

Edited by holly

never cleaned a barrel never needed to just cleaned pellets and relubed the pellet . Find the right lube and the barrel looks after its sen .

Edited by OUTCAST

You forget I used Maggies then changed late to Crossman 94 or 95, then late 2002 to JSB.