Sign in to follow this  
holly

The Shutz Barrel

Don't have that problem with the newer 11 year old models.

My 9015 just turned up by the way.

Come on Jon, pics or it didn't happen. FB would be a good stage to get the tongues wagging especially with you getting the first as it were... :)

I like the way he just slung it in at the end " my 9015 just happened to turn up by the way" GRRRRRRRR ??? HOLLY

PS Wheres Mine .

Edited by holly

I like the way he just slung it in at the end " my 9015 just happened to turn up by the way" GRRRRRRRR ??? HOLLY

PS Wheres Mine .

Especially as it's probably the only one in the Country... :)

Colin , Beware the man with one gun ( as long as it is not us ) ??? HOLLY :iagree::poster_oops:

Does look a stunning bit of kit even with Jon's dodgy phone pics. I bet it looks even better in the ummm 'carbon' . I guess some lucky shooter will have an excellent Christmas, my money is on a certain Welshman, though saying that he would then be completely unbeatable no doubt... :)

Nope Neil is scottish colin . and the word to describe neil i think would be beatable ??? HOLLY

Colin " underperform " Eaton . i thought it rang a bell /?? HOLLY

Only good bit about the new shutz was the fact i fitted the custom shop scope . it got knocked a year back by the great pike and it shifted . could not get a good zero . put it on the shutz to see if it had come back in and it had . well all i could tell in five shots ??? HOLLY

PS have e-mailed anschutz to see if they can help with pins ??? HOLLY

Ere that isn't my phone that run out of charge last week, prior to that first time booted up for months and had a text mrs wanted picking up sometime in Feb.

Only good bit about the new shutz was the fact i fitted the custom shop scope . it got knocked a year back by the great pike and it shifted . could not get a good zero . put it on the shutz to see if it had come back in and it had . well all i could tell in five shots ??? HOLLY

PS have e-mailed anschutz to see if they can help with pins ??? HOLLY

You'll be lucky with the pins mate, since they stopped making the 2002 they also stopped making the pins; if it's any help I had a pack of them which I gave to Mr Croucher to go with his Schultz. If you ask him nicely he might donate some to you... :)

I think the pins are still available bar 1.

Croucher is the kingpin for pins as he had last lot off me.

Matt

Ere that isn't my phone that run out of charge last week, prior to that first time booted up for months and had a text mrs wanted picking up sometime in Feb.

Jon, you're such a tease... :)

Takes one to know one . come on colin get your order in for a 9015 NOW ??? HOLLY

Mutterings UK will have the 9015 in March next year, who knows anything can happen.

Will get one from a German shop Oct or Nov.

Thought Anchutz started making the old 2002 last year or year before but not listed in the products.

Pins break due to the monkey metal and too much barrel tension, not the over travel where the bolt moves backwards.

I set my barrel tension by moving the barrel back and forth . that way i get just enough tension to hold the slide shut when fired , JUST . my shutz and pins are from the first model and are origional . according to welham these dodgy ones were not heat treated . was hoping to get my new pins by today . but no . so no barrel test wednesday . ??? HOLLY

PS i have e-mailed anschutz with a begging e-mail .

I think the pins are still available bar 1.

Croucher is the kingpin for pins as he had last lot off me.

Matt

Dont ask me, all I did was put an order in for about 6 shooters

May be better certainly months quicker if order from a German shop having clout online even if they don't have parts in stock.

To be honest I don't like the way Anchutz is now run the last three years, parts to be picked off shelf can take three months or more.

Give em a couple of days Holls theyre one of a few that do answer.

I find if you are pleasent , some times it works . sometimes it does not . if not on the forums and see what i can get ??? HOLLY

Talking of the pins i went and had a look at the rear one that was fitted curtesy of simon pattle and the circlip has gone . grandad fitted this . but the little booger is small . so is off to te nut and bolt shop again ??? HOLLY

Talking of the pins i went and had a look at the rear one that was fitted curtesy of simon pattle and the circlip has gone . grandad fitted this . but the little booger is small . so is off to te nut and bolt shop again ??? HOLLY

Good luck on finding such a small one; I dropped one at ETL once on that grey gravel.I was hot-swapping pins between lanes as one had just snapped, I couldn't see it anywhere and Cliffy spotted it from about six feet away :)

Holly keeps telling me I need to get a 2002. I have to say all this talk of snapped pins, lack of spares and lost bits really has me getting excited about the prospect of owning...... a Pro Target.

Holly keeps telling me I need to get a 2002. I have to say all this talk of snapped pins, lack of spares and lost bits really has me getting excited about the prospect of owning...... a Pro Target.

Very wise Neil, the 2002 was a classic but it's like Holly now, leaving a trail of bits that have fallen off... :)

Pins only break when the barrel lock up is excessive.

Apart from that one will out do any AA made rifle 5 fold or better, theyre robust.

Remember i used one for 8 1/2 years rain, sleet or shine still on same reg o ring. Cant think of any other rifle to date even modded ones that can halve that and a testament to their reliability.

Pins only break when the barrel lock up is excessive.

Apart from that one will out do any AA made rifle 5 fold or better, theyre robust.

Remember i used one for 8 1/2 years rain, sleet or shine still on same reg o ring. Cant think of any other rifle to date even modded ones that can halve that and a testament to their reliability.

That's a bold statement Jon.

But how many World FT Championships have been won with an Air Arms? Even if we exclude the NJR's, there are still plenty vs Anschutz.

The pins on this couple of shutzes are nothing to do with me they are as i bought em . mine has never broken a pin . the fact that the little horeshoe clip fell off is down to grandad not fitting it properly as i told him this afternoon . once sorted they will STAY sorted ??? HOLLY

How long have they been used Neil, since late 80's at least 10 years prior.

Mix of Ripley and AA until 5 years ago broken twice with Anchutz in 2004 and 2009. If want to include Steyr add another two.

While were at it, how many are standard AA, 1%?