Sign in to follow this  
holly

The Shutz Barrel

Talking of the pins i went and had a look at the rear one that was fitted curtesy of simon pattle and the circlip has gone . grandad fitted this . but the little booger is small . so is off to te nut and bolt shop again ??? HOLLY

If you were to buy a 9015 they come with two circlips spare.

OHH that was cruel Jon asking how many standard air arms are out there that are any good ? errrr None i would imaging . . Very similar to walther . these shutz rifles have just not been looked after properly , but once up and running will show some good service to their owners . ??? HOLLY

PS colin will be along to tell us how standard his riflle is shortly

Edited by holly

While were at it, how many are standard AA, 1%?

Yes, that's fair comment.

Even when the EV was first released and a few of us took them to Germany, I don't think any of them were standard, they looked it, but no one could see inside the regs!

When John Ford masde the GC2 he said he had made a rifle the nobody tuned . he was right ??? HOLLY

PS although i would not mind a better trigger .

OHH that was cruel Jon asking how many standard air arms are out there that are any good ? errrr None i would imaging . . Very similar to walther . these shutz rifles have just not been looked after properly , but once up and running will show some good service to their owners . ??? HOLLY

PS colin will be along to tell us how standard his riflle is shortly

You called? :rolleyes:

Why yes my EF-TEE-PEE is absolutely stock your honour, cross m'eart and hope Holly to die (thud) hmmmm.... :)

Honesty is the best policy colin ( cept when dealing with the women ) i suggest using it as a post in the garden for your peas ??? HOLLY

Well if he did that, I'm sure you could set him up with a nice rifle... or FIVE!

Funny you should say that neil . how did you guess . yep i have some collector grade rifles stashed away for a discerning shooter ??? HOLLY

PS and very reliable too .

Gary i have had four steyrs , two LG100s and two L:G110s . the first three were to be polite -excrement- . the last one i got for the wife cos it was cheap off a mate with a hunter stock , painted blue to match the wifes eyes ( ahhhhh ) it is without doubt the most accurate rifle i have ever shot , on a calm day . the problem comes when the wind comes up , especially unexpectedly . i look for what i call an average wind gary . IE 50 yard target . five mile an hour wind , i will give half an inch as it drops . all things being equal it will fall . the shutz will do that . it breeds confidence and confidence wins comps . the only other rifle i know of that will do this is the GC2 . good luck with the 8002 and tell us how you get on with it . cheers HOLLY

Just got a Anschutz 8002 S2 will see how it stacks up against my two Steyr LG100's with a barley twist barrels

Are you trying to out-do Holly in the rifles owned stake, trust me he's a winner at that... :)

The 8002 will have to go some to beat the LG100's I have

Don't worry Colin I won't be get any crickets or edgun -rubbish-, There would a long list of rifles I have owned over the years :lol2:

Gary i have had four steyrs , two LG100s and two L:G110s . the first three were to be polite -excrement- . the last one i got for the wife cos it was cheap off a mate with a hunter stock , painted blue to match the wifes eyes ( ahhhhh ) it is without doubt the most accurate rifle i have ever shot , on a calm day . the problem comes when the wind comes up , especially unexpectedly . i look for what i call an average wind gary . IE 50 yard target . five mile an hour wind , i will give half an inch as it drops . all things being equal it will fall . the shutz will do that . it breeds confidence and confidence wins comps . the only other rifle i know of that will do this is the GC2 . good luck with the 8002 and tell us how you get on with it . cheers HOLLY

the reg on one of those lg 100s ( the one that came over this way ) was the main problem Holly ...bit of a state inside .....one of the bellevilles actually had a chunk out of it.

other thing was old style firing valve ..........it shot pretty good in the end but the barley twist barrel got dirty quick ....better after a lothar walther was fitted

Steyr's are fools gold . like building your house on a swamp . one min your up , next your down . no thank you ??? HOLLY

Ohhh, he's turned all bitchy now. That's not what he was saying a few weeks ago, when his March was on the Steyr and it was the best thing ever.

It's an age thing you know.

Ohhh, he's turned all bitchy now. That's not what he was saying a few weeks ago, when his March was on the Steyr and it was the best thing ever.

It's an age thing you know.

He's not selling one now, that's why... :)

The reason i used the STEYR was cos i did not have anything else that would go bang . now i do . get a GC2 boy's and clear the course ( almost ) ??? HOLLY

He's just a rifle slut, as long as he gets a good bang, he doesn't care where it comes from.

Ooooooooooooo you are a one neil . but i like you ??? HOLLY

He's just a rifle slut, as long as he gets a good bang, he doesn't care where it comes from.

Well, there is probably a distinct lack of choice as a rock dweller, well unless it's Summer... :)

Right got the blooming metal detector . will pop down the club tomorrow to see if i can find hide nor hair of these blessed pins . bit complicated mind you . will proably end up with a zepplin or such ??? HOLLY

Could have just used a big magnet on a stick, that's what the shotgun boys use to pick up fired cartridges.

Could have just used a big magnet on a stick, that's what the shotgun boys use to pick up fired cartridges.

Yep last weekend they used exactly that to clear up after stages; big speaker magnet rammed on the end of a broomstick, picks them up a treat.

You boy's are a bout a subtle as a bomb . come on let us bring out our more intelligent side lads . ( sides i don't have a speaker magnet ) ??? HOLLY

CB antenna roof mount (the big magnetic ones, obviously), they are really powerful.

CB antenna roof mount (the big magnetic ones, obviously), they are really powerful.

He could use a magnet from the hadron collider, but that tiny, diddy little o' circlip is history, an ex circlip, it's gorn back to it's circlip maker, it's zip, comprendre hombre? :rolleyes:

OH right neil so i wait out side my gaff with a lasso till a big hairy trucker comes by and try to lasso his CB antenna . ??? HOLLY