Sign in to follow this  
holly

The Shutz Barrel

There was a banging on the Gun Box Door and i heard a voice say " Donner und Blitson . what is this englisher swinehund doing . why is the pride of germany sitting here in this box  . "  so i though better get Herman the German out and give him an airing tomorrow if it does not rain too much ??? HOLLY

PS surprise it still has some air in it ??? HOLLY

PSS he whinges more than Colin .

Well apart from getting wet today , slipping over , getting my feet wet , yep the boots have finally given up the ghost . i did get a chance to shoot the shutz on the course . the difference between the two rifles is the trigger . gonna have to try to get the steyr one better . problem being is that  it was never a great trigger when it was a full size rifle . still needs as needs must . onwards ??? HOLLY

As said shutz leaking but i think it may have been the old type air arms filler . so best fittings one has arrived . so we will see what happens sunday . as i would like to shoot it for the winter league to save using the steyr in the rain and mud ??? HOLLY

5 hours ago, holly said:

As said shutz leaking but i think it may have been the old type air arms filler . so best fittings one has arrived . so we will see what happens sunday . as i would like to shoot it for the winter league to save using the steyr in the rain and mud ??? HOLLY

I can't believe you've resurrected this thread yet again....:rolleyes:

A proper rifle should be shot colin . and shot it will be ??? HOLLY

15 hours ago, holly said:

A proper rifle should be shot colin . and shot it will be ??? HOLLY

I think you need a 'harem' of rifles Holly...:rolleyes:

Soon i shall just have three ??? HOLLY

well Mr Shutz shot today . i did not realise how rough the firing cycle on it is . back on with the muzzle brake ??? HOLLY

On 7/22/2018 at 9:07 PM, holly said:

well Mr Shutz shot today . i did not realise how rough the firing cycle on it is . back on with the muzzle brake ??? HOLLY

Sounds like it needs a bit of TLC after being ignored for a few years?

No it just needs Keiths brake put back on to tame the bark ??? HOLLY

9 hours ago, holly said:

No it just needs Keiths brake put back on to tame the bark ??? HOLLY

Ah much like a muzzle and some people then? 🤔

Yes Neil could use a muzzle ??? HOLLY

57 minutes ago, holly said:

Yes Neil could use a muzzle ??? HOLLY

Funny, he says the same of you....:grin:

used mr shutz today . much as ever . but the fitness training i think is working . because on the standers . i could double the time i could hold the rifle with out getting into oxygen dept ??? HOLLY

where's this oxygen dept,  Can I go there to get extra?

It is called getting your ass out the door to exercise and it works . i reckon it has taken the time before i have to take another breath  and start to wobble from . 15 secs with the rifle in the aim . to 30 secs ??? HOLLY 

PS that does not mean you will get a hit  by the way , just that you have a better chance .

Well Exacts Express arrived and sunday is gonna be windy . so a perfect excuse to give these pellets  a run out . i hope in the shutz and the steyr . interested to see if the LW barrel likes em . we will see ??? HOLLY

They wont

Yes your probably right dave . but suck it and see . the last time i tried em was at Avon Hawks . where they were all right ( and you kept nicking my chair ) . i ran out of em and had lots of 8.4s .  and lets be fair , Neil daniels does pretty well with a 7.9 ??? HOLLY

PS Top whack is 828 FPS with a 7.87 . meaning 823 after BFTA limit is applied . should be able to run at 810 FPS . at least for the winter league . 

2 hours ago, holly said:

Yes your probably right dave . but suck it and see . the last time i tried em was at Avon Hawks . where they were all right ( and you kept nicking my chair ) . i ran out of em and had lots of 8.4s .  and lets be fair , Neil daniels does pretty well with a 7.9 ??? HOLLY

PS Top whack is 828 FPS with a 7.87 . meaning 823 after BFTA limit is applied . should be able to run at 810 FPS . at least for the winter league . 

You don’t need to run them that hot, 800 is more than enough...👍

In the winter you need all the help you can get ??? HOLLY

Ok Mr shutz out tomorrow with the 7.87s . first chrono  . 800  fps will do . . then zero range . then onto the top of the course to see how the go in a wind ??? HOLLY

Whoops . thought it was wednesday . oh well , back to sleep ??? HOLLY

Right wednesday tomorrow . club day and shutz out with  7.87 V 8.4s . hope for some wind to test em properly ??? HOLLY 

Interesting day . the final feeling over the 7.87s after all sorts of testing is that the AAs 8..4s are just a bit better . more predictable over all  . both useable . but i have 15 tins of AA . that old

shutz if it holds together will be my winter league rifle . just need to see which scope to use . pulled off some lovely shots today . ??? HOLLY

PS rode the mountain bike afterwards and fell off for the first time . forgot to unclip my pedals . how embarrasing . luckily nobody around .

Well mr shutz has been serviced by uncle Neil . said he thinks it was a hard O ring . so will be able to see how it handles those heavies ??? HOLLY

9 minutes ago, holly said:

Well mr shutz has been serviced by uncle Neil . said he thinks it was a hard O ring . so will be able to see how it handles those heavies ??? HOLLY

Surely it's about time this thread was put out of it's misery by a shot to the head?  :grin:

This thread will get going again if i can get the shutz up and running .gotta have a back up rifle Col . otherwise got nothing to put my march on ??? HOLLY 

PS sides wanna dedicated FT rifle for all those  people who will come running  when they read our new web site . 

You’ve been talking about the new website for months, what’s the delay?

At this rate it will need updating before it’s released.

They want all the ideas and pics put in and they need a couple of mods ??? HOLLY