Sign in to follow this  
holly

The Shutz Barrel

We are rough and tough Col . we can handle it . and mr shutz goes ok in the cold ??? HOLLY

On 1/4/2019 at 12:42 PM, holly said:

We are rough and tough Col . we can handle it . and mr shutz goes ok in the cold ??? HOLLY

Let's hope your various metallic bits do too...:grin:

Well in truth it was not that cold Col . had a bad cold so did not wear my shooting jacket . had to undo my big coat half way through the course . too hot . shutz went fine . but i think i may have to go back to the steyr . cos the shutz over a long period . gets really heavy . my back was killing me after the half way point . ??? HOLLY

8 hours ago, holly said:

Well in truth it was not that cold Col . had a bad cold so did not wear my shooting jacket . had to undo my big coat half way through the course . too hot . shutz went fine . but i think i may have to go back to the steyr . cos the shutz over a long period . gets really heavy . my back was killing me after the half way point . ??? HOLLY

Maybe before you do that have a look at shedding some weight off the Anschutz to get it more manageable?

Posted (edited)

No decided to carry on with the shutz after sleeping on it  . the rifle is to damn good to leave in the cupboard .??? HOLLY

PS Funny enough i was shooting with a fella ( Mark ) with a 2002 . in very nice condition , in a alutech stock . loads of work done to it . so it was a battle of the shutzes . old scruffy won it .

Edited by holly

On 1/7/2019 at 9:23 AM, holly said:

No decided to carry on with the shutz after sleeping on it  . the rifle is to damn good to leave in the cupboard .??? HOLLY

PS Funny enough i was shooting with a fella ( Mark ) with a 2002 . in very nice condition , in a alutech stock . loads of work done to it . so it was a battle of the shutzes . old scruffy won it .

Well give the QYS pellets a whirl today and see how they fare?

No i am afraid not . i did wonder when the LW barrel could not shoot em well . windage was the same as the AAs but the grouping was not as good . it was a very difficult day wind wise . bitterly cold  with a wind that would not stay in one direction for long . will see what bazza makes of em . as they may favour a stainless barrel . i think i will wait and see if they do a 4.52 ??? HOLLY

13 hours ago, holly said:

No i am afraid not . i did wonder when the LW barrel could not shoot em well . windage was the same as the AAs but the grouping was not as good . it was a very difficult day wind wise . bitterly cold  with a wind that would not stay in one direction for long . will see what bazza makes of em . as they may favour a stainless barrel . i think i will wait and see if they do a 4.52 ??? HOLLY

Did you try sizing them?

You should know by now that the size on the tin is made up hype....🤫

No they get sized when you shoot em . sizing is for shooters with plenty of time . i have many big deals on the go ??? HOLLY:soj:

Just now, holly said:

No they get sized when you shoot em . sizing is for shooters with plenty of time . i have many big deals on the go ??? HOLLY:soj:

You sound like you've been briefing Bob and Daz....:grin:

If you have a -rubbish- barrel ? maybe it will help . my advice is to change the barrel . the WL are really very good now ??? HOLLY

OK i see only one way forward and that is get a lower position with the rifle . gonna hurt . but it cannot be all fun fun fun ??? HOLLY

PS Reinstated the old lifter .ohwerr mother .

Just now, holly said:

If you have a -rubbish- barrel ? maybe it will help . my advice is to change the barrel . the WL are really very good now ??? HOLLY

Moi barrel is very good thanks, doesn't need rotating, launching or any other abuse....:grin:

Just now, holly said:

OK i see only one way forward and that is get a lower position with the rifle . gonna hurt . but it cannot be all fun fun fun ??? HOLLY

PS Reinstated the old lifter .ohwerr mother .

There you go Holly....

1088.jpg

Yep the south african lads use a very low stance indeed . only brit i have seen using that was welham . and look what happened to him ??? HOLLY

42 minutes ago, holly said:

Yep the south african lads use a very low stance indeed . only brit i have seen using that was welham . and look what happened to him ??? HOLLY

Only stance I ever remember Welham using was over the arm?

Looks -covered in gore- painful 

Just now, NatS said:

Looks -covered in gore- painful 

The tree shots tend to screw them up a bit.

I saw this being used in Wales and out in the field it seemed to work for them.

Funnily enough it is a viable sniper position and it only seems to be favoured by the South Africans.

1 hour ago, Eaton Rifles said:

Only stance I ever remember Welham using was over the arm?

Yes he did over the arm BUT he bent right over his knees to shoot in a similar fashion to the african mob . he had to hold his breath while taking the shot as there was no room to breath ??? HOLLY 

Just now, holly said:

Yes he did over the arm BUT he bent right over his knees to shoot in a similar fashion to the african mob . he had to hold his breath while taking the shot as there was no room to breath ??? HOLLY 

No wonder he knackered his shoulders.

Most obscure position I've seen recently has to be Red's arm round the knees stance, I mean that boy must be triple jointed to do that...:D

His Back i think it was . has had a load of Opps ??? HOLLY 

PS i think Colin might need a Opp to get his Wallet out of his back pocket ??? HOLLY

2 hours ago, holly said:

His Back i think it was . has had a load of Opps ??? HOLLY 

PS i think Colin might need a Opp to get his Wallet out of his back pocket ??? HOLLY

There you go again getting all confused and mixed up, my name isn’t Truffleworth remember...🤫

Colin is known as the scrooge of Hockley ??? HOLLY 

1 minute ago, holly said:

Colin is known as the scrooge of Hockley ??? HOLLY 

I wouldn’t like to say what you’re known as in Hockley but after your antics blacking the village out it’s not pretty...🤣

Always welcome back . one of our lads did a lot of Canvey  . quality workers ??? HOLLY

Just now, holly said:

Always welcome back . one of our lads did a lot of Canvey  . quality workers ??? HOLLY

Ahhh so you admit your company were serial offenders?

I bet you lot tried to see who could black out the biggest area  in a particular week...:grin:

Around your way , tippers are the ones who do the most . it is the fault of the electrical companys mixing the telephone wires and the power together . at the same level . they are far too low . delivering with  a HIaab  is not good . when you have to watch the load on it and the wires and having to move some times within 6 inches of em . not good ??? HOLLY

When they built that place you delivered to they built the walls out reinforced metal bar sheathed that in foam and then filled the void with liquid concrete pumped from the road.

You could drive a truck into the front of that place and it wouldn't even scratch it. 

You cannot beat a good bomb shelter ??? HOLLY

5 hours ago, holly said:

You cannot beat a good bomb shelter ??? HOLLY

They built that place to survive a nuke, still the original owner was Bruno's wife apparently.