Sign in to follow this  
holly

The Shutz Barrel

You know his house is just at the back of Springfield . he used to run around the fields there training . i think they got back together ??? HOLLY

OK shutz out tomorrow . gonna try a new lower position . this one does not work when it is windy ??? HOLLY

11 hours ago, holly said:

OK shutz out tomorrow . gonna try a new lower position . this one does not work when it is windy ??? HOLLY

Well if it’s 20-30mph over here you might have a slight breeze on the Rock.

Forget about the deadman’s position, it will crick your neck something awful...😁

What a god awful Day today . hit one miss one , hit one miss one . no rhyme or reason to the wind . it rattled you about and then died away . you went out , it did not move . you stayed in , it moved . Grrrrrrr . i gave up at half past one ??? HOLLY

3 hours ago, holly said:

What a god awful Day today . hit one miss one , hit one miss one . no rhyme or reason to the wind . it rattled you about and then died away . you went out , it did not move . you stayed in , it moved . Grrrrrrr . i gave up at half past one ??? HOLLY

Yep the wind just built up as the morning progressed, the only crumb of comfort being that everyone was suffering the same switching wind...🤣

4 hours ago, holly said:

Yes, mostly today I was missing targets.

35yd edge will do and pellet lands other side. Hmm ok next target is a 53yd. best give it 3" off edge, missed as it went straight. As it practice I will go down the middle, nope missed left, 

I think out of 20 targets I shot I hit 6. Really did my head in.

After  tea or two I tried the top lanes, well even worse up there. Very little wind felt on the face so for a 35yd 1" I gave edge however needed another inch out. The 51yd squirrel needed over 4" from left edge to knock it down. Really confusing as strings and feathers not really moving that much.

Always next week for more practice.

A bad day at our ground has you believing that now is a good time to go home . or stop shooting and have a cuppa . it got so bad i went back the zero range and checked the rifle . 778 fps . 4 shots into a quarter of an inch at 55 yards , two shots half inch right as the wind came up . nothing wrong with the rifle ??? HOLLY

The Stability problem not having been solved . i have had to think about going back to a thigh rest .the old one worked OK but drove me mad in operation . -covered in gore- awkward thing . so i have made a lightweight one . that i hope does not get in the way and does not have to be detached after use . ??? HOLLY

As I said yesterday when there was much head scratching going on at ETL, Don't you just love this stupid game...:grin:

What is not to enjoy ??? HOLLY:sign_respect1:

16 hours ago, holly said:

What is not to enjoy ??? HOLLY:sign_respect1:

The total randomness of it all sometimes....:grin:

The thing about shooting , is it is all down to you . the whole shebang . the whole nine yards , the lot . the buck stops here . ??? HOLLY

PS Now stop pontificating and get out of my way , cos i am coming Throughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

OK in pursuit of getting some stability . i am as said trying out my new ( to me ) thigh rest . yes as i described it to grandad . who knows a thing about gadgets .  he said he had to stop talking about it as his sides hurt from laughing . well what does he know . so will it work . watch this  space as as soon as it stops raining . i will be down the club to give it a go ??? HOLLY

OK in pursuit of getting some stability . i am as said trying out my new ( to me ) thigh rest . yes as i described it to grandad . who knows a thing about gadgets .  he said he had to stop talking about it as his sides hurt from laughing . well what does he know . so will it work . watch this  space as as soon as it stops raining . i will be down the club to give it a go ??? HOLLY

Just a pity after all the hard work that you won't be able to use it....:grin:

Oh it will get used , have no fear . after trying to hold the shutz steady on standers . anything else just flies to the shoulder ??? HOLLY

PS Pleased with my device ( thigh rest ) 80 % there . will give it another go after a few mods on sunday .

1 hour ago, holly said:

Oh it will get used , have no fear . after trying to hold the shutz steady on standers . anything else just flies to the shoulder ??? HOLLY

PS Pleased with my device ( thigh rest ) 80 % there . will give it another go after a few mods on sunday .

Are you steering clear of window washer handles this time or is the McGraw still strong in you...:grin:

Funny you should say that . it is the window washer handle barry recommended  . light easily modded and it fits .  yep it does not look like a pro job . but they won't be laughing if i kick there ass ??? HOLLY

Funny you should say that . it is the window washer handle barry recommended  . light easily modded and it fits .  yep it does not look like a pro job . but they won't be laughing if i kick there ass ??? HOLLY

No, but everyone will be laughing as you have to rip if off when it gets banned....:rolleyes:

well barry did not have to take his off . it offers no advantage if you can shoot normally . so it should be OK ??? HOLLY

4 minutes ago, holly said:

well barry did not have to take his off . it offers no advantage if you can shoot normally . so it should be OK ??? HOLLY

He also shot everything kneeling if you remember, so are you going to go this route as well?  :grin:

Nope .these things have been around for a long time . anybody can make/use one . so no problem . UNLESS your starting to get worried ??? HOLLY

Just now, holly said:

Nope .these things have been around for a long time . anybody can make/use one . so no problem . UNLESS your starting to get worried ??? HOLLY

Thigh rests per se have been banned in WFTF so probably incoming to the BFTA shortly...:grin:

With the amount of older shooters in the BFTA i doubt it . i cannot see the problem , as long as it stays on the rifle . as far as i know they only banned straps ??? HOLLY

Just now, holly said:

With the amount of older shooters in the BFTA i doubt it . i cannot see the problem , as long as it stays on the rifle . as far as i know they only banned straps ??? HOLLY

Well that and kneeling on your bag, though the WFTF allow this surprisingly.

Kneeling on the bag is commonsense colin . it is comfortable , it is stable , it keeps the knee/leg dry and you already have one with you ??? HOLLY

1 hour ago, holly said:

Kneeling on the bag is commonsense colin . it is comfortable , it is stable , it keeps the knee/leg dry and you already have one with you ??? HOLLY

Maybe, but people backed themselves into a position where it had to look as if something was being done about the ‘cheating’ going on with beanbags so it was easier to ban ‘em in favour of nothing or kneeling rolls.

The fact that kneeling rolls are actually better than beanbags for kneeling sort of back-fired on them....🤣