Sign in to follow this  
holly

Holly's FT Work Done .

Righto boy's the day has finally dawned that Jon dreaded . yes my new FT tool kit has arrived . yehawwwwwwwwwww . 1/ a detachable vice ( small ) 2/ a dremil kit ( with lot's of bit's ) 3/ five good files 4/ new drill bits .4 / a junior hacksaw with five spare blades . AND i have completed my first job . the remote trigger to the shutz had broken . i ordered another trigger from intershoot . i put in the new vice , cut off the trigger part . filed it flat . drilled a hole in the bottom for the fitting and fitted it to the rifle ( i dunno how long it will last , but it is done ) AND IT WORKS ??? HOLLY

PS for now

PSS righto boys send me your jobs that want doing . popular rates ( with me )

I think I can hear Jon shutting up shop right now....uhoh he's just heading off to the pub safe in the knowledge that he'll be getting even more botched work to put right soon... :)

Hmmmm, something wrong with that tool kit, no insulation tape, no superglue, no chemical metal, no cable ties, no large engineers hammer... dear oh dear Holly, call yourself an engineer.

Could there be a smigen of jealousy creeping in here colin ??? HOLLY

Errr i might have to get some araldite ??? HOLLY

Errr i might have to get some araldite ??? HOLLY

That's more like it.

Jon has not been on to offer me a position yet . but i expect shortly to receive an e-mail ??? HOLLY

Not going to happen.

Not until you have a properly balanced workshop hammer... the bigger the better.

I hasve ordered my CNC club hammer as we speak neil . Let me at it ??? HOLLY

Bench vice, CNC hammer and araldite, what more could you possibly need.

I could use a few more vices neil ??? HOLLY

I am always looking for the right people to approve and recommend as repair agents.

Holly may not be some one to be one of your agents unless super glue repaires are needed or some one needs some one who is good with the use a metal detector to find some parts but he is the top trigger ajuster in the world so that is going for Holly.

We are Jon having a bit of a time getting the CNC machinery up the stairs into the spare room . so don't hold your breath on it ??? HOLLY

PS it is good to be recognised keith for my supreme skills in the setting up of triggers . Ahemmmm ,

That's why the hammer is so important, as we all know.

We are Jon having a bit of a time getting the CNC machinery up the stairs into the spare room . so don't hold your breath on it ??? HOLLY

PS it is good to be recognised keith for my supreme skills in the setting up of triggers . Ahemmmm ,

In fact, so good that you broke your one?

And who could forget the 'bits left over' reassembly job on the Anschutz trigger? :rolleyes:

CNC no good have to keep the costs down and wanted pronto.

I remember in the world of archery when these amazing new CNC machined risers came in.

Previously the standard was to use a cast alloy riser that was then machined, drilled and tapped. New technology came along and manufacturers said how efficient CNC machines were, as they machined the riser from a billet of alloy, doing everything under computer control, so the machines could be left running 24 hours a day, with minimal human input.

They never did explain why the prices went UP!

CNC run time is not cheap About £45 per hour plus you have a wage to pay set up time plus a program to wright

Exactly for one off and low production individual parts could be looking the difference between £50 and £600 on something simple.

holly and engineer.................. in the same sentence........ ye gods..

Like buccaneers and winner .

Well going by Holly's frantic changing of bits yesterday lost and cause rang a bell.

Shovel out this Friday to level sone gates put and maybe bury the remnants of Holly's tinkering.

Well colin , much as i like to put the boot in , yeahhhhhhhhhhh . Well Done Yesterday at springfield , grudge , grudge ??? HOLLY

Well colin , much as i like to put the boot in , yeahhhhhhhhhhh . Well Done Yesterday at springfield , grudge , grudge ??? HOLLY

Why thank you, I'll print that out and stick it on my study wall to give me a little chuckle each morning... :)

At the end of the day it was just a a case of knowing that the was some accuracy in the FTP, it was just a case of getting rid of all the -rubbish- that AA put on it to stop the accuracy and finding the right pellet at the right velocity.

I know the reason for every single miss yesterday and none were down to the rifle, they were all pilot error, mostly giving too much wind when I should have had faith in the pellets and stayed in kill.

But, we live and learn, that's what this game is all about.... :)

Did you manage to find the circlip with the magnet?

No colin . no circlip ( E Clip ) no pin ??? HOLLY

Hmm, so you really are up a gum tree unless you can either persuade Jon to whip you up some out of titanium or sneak up on Mr Croucher, up end him and give him a good shake to dislodge all those Anschutz pins that he's rumoured to keep safe in his shreddies... :)

or sneak up on Mr Croucher, up end him and give him a good shake to dislodge all those Anschutz pins that he's rumoured to keep safe in his shreddies... :)

Now THAT would be worth watching.

Well, if Holly managed it then he would deserve a pin, but unfortunately the mind might be willing, but the reality would be something completely different.... :)